Favourite dialogue?

Jdeadevil

Blue Mage
Gil
I've been playing through this game and am quite enjoying it, despite my unfamiliarity with the leveling system which has caused Squall to be slightly overpowered. The game's dialogue is very witty compared to some other of the other games, so what are your favourite parts in terms of dialogue?

I have a random memory of Zell freaking out in the cafeteria asking if they had any hotdogs left :D

It's been a while since I popped in VIII.

As a side note, I personally enjoy the dialogue of Vayne and the judges in XII. They are very well spoken, also Seymour and Auron in X.

But I do remember hearing that VIII had a few odd instances in the dialogue. For example, Squall's infamous 'I dreamt I was a moron'

Lol I recently played that part, did make me laugh how Squall kept showing disgust about Laguna. Thought the separation of speech, thoughts, and Squall's thoughts was pretty clever too. Funny too actually, when Squall first meets Selphie he tells her about the cafeteria always running out of hot-dogs.

Lol I recently played that part, did make me laugh how Squall kept showing disgust about Laguna. Thought the separation of speech, thoughts, and Squall's thoughts was pretty clever too. Funny too actually, when Squall first meets Selphie he tells her about the cafeteria always running out of hot-dogs.

Reminds me of the current issue with the grocery store I go to, which is conveniently about a hundred feet from my home. They run out of milk once every couple weeks, and I have no idea why, because there are probably five grocery stores in a few miles radius where I live and they never run out.
Which is funny because the one by me has an abnormally large dairy section.

I've been debating if I should play VIII again, it's certainly the one out of the PSX trio that I tend to neglect. The music enhances the dialogue much more then other FF's because it has such a high 'charm' factor to it, that much I do remember.

Pretty much everything Laguna says XD I love that guy! Zell has some awesome dialogue too but Laguna cracks me up every time, as does Kiros and Ward's reactions to him.

"Nothing's cheaper than something free!"
"It's like killing two pigs with one stone!"

Well it's not so difficult to be twice as charismatic as Squall lol but you're right Laguna's one of the most charismatic and friendly characters in the game and Squall on the other hand is...pretty much his polar opposite ironically enough.

Not really a quote.... but the most EPIC moment in ANY rpg is ..... Odin being slayed by Seifer.... that scene had a major impact on me, made me fall in love with ff8

Pretty much everything Laguna says XD I love that guy! Zell has some awesome dialogue too but Laguna cracks me up every time, as does Kiros and Ward's reactions to him.

"Nothing's cheaper than something free!"
"It's like killing two pigs with one stone!"

I used to say "Nothing cheaper than something free" all the time, but never knew where it actually came from until I started playing FF8 again.

Laguna's not only twice as charismatic, he also seems more - competent, to be honest. Squall has a tendency to dismiss things that should really be cause for concern, like randomly falling asleep, whereas Laguna is much more alarmed by Squall's jaunts to the past.

My favourite dialogue from the game so far has to be Irvine on the train as a Galbadian soldier tries to catch up, just going "Hey, you're doing really well! Don't hurt yourself."

I like Squall's inner monologue. It was the first time I've played a game where it shows what the main character is thinking, and I think the only game I've ever played that has done it to that extent. Besides that, he has alot of realistic feelings so it just makes the game alot more believable.

Laguna's inner monologue with Julia is also halarious.

Who could forget this old chestnut

13986662043147.jpg

I really like the bit where the Ragnarok starts flying and Squall/Zell/Quistis all know exactly what Selphie and Irvine are saying in the cockpit at that point.

Also, Squall thinking 'I dreamt I was a moron'. And Zell's 'we're here to liberate Balamb ya know? Er...I mean we're here to liberate Balamb!' to Fujin and Raijin.

Gotta agree, anything laguna says is gold. I love Laguna :ari: Other then that, I loved when Squall burned Quistis at Balamb Garden. That thirsty bitch got told :lew:

Back