Final Fantasy Emulation

digidan5

Gil
Hello everyone,
I have been looking for a Final Fantasy IX rip to exe from the PS1.
does anyone know of one?
OR even if possible would anyone be able to rip from a ROM
and make into a EXE.
I always found that emulating this game crashed after i completed the first disc which annoys me to no end because this is my all time favourite game.
So if anyone would be willing to spend some time ripping this from a ROM or even from he original discs if they have them.
I would be most APPRECIATIVE!!!!!
OR even if someone just knew where i could find one already made i dont mind either way i just really really really really need this and it would be soo awesome!
Thanks For Reading
Dan ~

Generally, when using something like that, we create a .iso and use an emulation program such as epsxe or something to run it. While emulating games you physically own the disc/console of is (supposedly) legal, sharing the ripped data is very illegal. My advice is do a Google search of "Final Fantasy IX iso" or "PSX Emulator" and you'll get hits, and may find something that allows you to legally play the game from your computer's disc drive.

The forum rules say they have a strict policy against emulation, which is stupid because emulation alone is not illegal in any country, but the rule exists....just so ya know.

probably the best place for emulation although I haven't tried any of the PS1 emulators or roms, only really used GBA and N64

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Thank you for replying i do have the game myself but no longer have a PlayStation 1 as it was heavily vandalised and dropped on multiple occasions.
I was however looking for whether anybody had compiled FF9 into an EXE i have seen it done with the game Bugs Bunny Lost in time.
And i thought that would be amazing if someone could do that with FF9 or even any of the Final Fantasy games really i mostly enjoy FFVIII and FFIX for the PS1 they are my all time favourites as i used to play them as a child.
Getting all nostalgic just thinking about them lol.
So anyway thank you for replying.
I wonder if there is any way in which i could do it myself.
Anyone suggest any software to use?
if not on here then in accordance with any rules (Which i really should read at some stage) Email me
Shreddedsanity@live.com.
Dan ~

Back