A new view on FF9

ShadyLegend23

Ex-Soldier
Gil
So back in my early teens when this game first came out i never truly gave this game a real chance. The art style and concept threw me off for some reason and i never played it. Now after i have heard so many positive things about it and how I loved the other FF games that this was a throw back too I dove back in. I'm only a few hours into the game but man I'm so much with this game already!! I can't believe I gave up on it so easy the first time. Now I'm in love with this art style and the way the dialogue between the character. The mid-evil setting is great to go back to after just replaying through 7 and some of 8. The way you learn abilities is great imo and the job system is wonderful I cant wait to get all the characters and try out the combination of party members. This will be the only game I will play now until I beat it i'm just so lost in it's world right now. I'm so angry I missed out before but then again I'm happy i get to experience a true FF classic like its new right now!! :)

Glad that you're enjoying the game now ! And don't worry, the art style and childish chibi style of the characters have put most of off the game.

Also sort of envious at you right now, for being able to experience Final Fantasy 9 like it's brand new and enjoy a decent Final Fantasy game, in these times of Final Fantasy depression.

Glad that you're enjoying the game now ! And don't worry, the art style and childish chibi style of the characters have put most of off the game.

Also sort of envious at you right now, for being able to experience Final Fantasy 9 like it's brand new and enjoy a decent Final Fantasy game, in these times of Final Fantasy depression.

Lmao, the Final Fantasy depression.

Sadly you couldn't have said it any better than Final Fantasy Depression...

I didn't know what to call it, so I thought of the 1920- 1930's thing, how everything was bright and adventurous, and then, bham.

Some of us, are well- off, like those lucky ones who enjoy FF 12- FF13, but the rest of us are yeah, pretty much in the dumps.

Right now i just broke out of the castle with the help of Beatrix and this game so far has the potential to become my favorite Final Fantasy game. I love the entire cast of heroes so far and the villains are cool even though Kuju is a bit on the cross dressing side. Not to mention how it shows the bad guys perspective as well I love it when games do that. As i've mentioned before 6,7 and tactics are my favorites with 6 being at the top but if this game stays on track 9 may turn out to be my favorite we will see!!As far as 10 it's another one i never gave a chance because it just felt so different but just maybe ill give it a chance. Actually everything X and above I have not even tried.

Right now i just broke out of the castle with the help of Beatrix and this game so far has the potential to become my favorite Final Fantasy game. I love the entire cast of heroes so far and the villains are cool even though Kuju is a bit on the cross dressing side.

Yes !

Join the Final Fantasy 9 fandom
:jay:

Yeah's Kuja's choice of clothing is a little .............. interesting

Honestly when I was a kiddo,

A wee lil lad,

I watched my father play the game before I even knew really what it was.

and my dad didn't trust Puck,

and kept refusing his help

and gave up on the game.:lew:

So my siblings and I got into the game and played the shit out of it.

I'm glad you gave the game a second chance because it's one of my personal favorites. :awesome:

Glad you are enjoying the game now. A lot of people felt the same before (some still do) and just like you went back years later and discovered it's greatness. Easily done I suppose if the pre-PS games hadn't been played beforehand. I was the same and put it down to that. After a few years of VII and VIII, the look and feel of IX seemed odd and I just couldn't get into it. A few years later after finishing X and playing all the early re-releases via Origins, Anthology and VI separately, I finally went back and gave IX a go. Now I feel as if it truly is one of the best entries of the franchise.

IX was, always has been, and still is my favorite FF game. I appreciate the brighter look on things and the colorful world. The story telling is great and it has depth to each character (other than Quina and Amarant) that makes each one interesting throughout the entire story. Particularly Vivis story, he's a fantastic character, the best in the game, I'd say. Plus, he can double cast flare in trance! :ohoho:

But really, this game is fantastic. It has a few disappointing aspects, like Quina and Amarants lack of character and personality. Overall I consider this a great game, not just a great Final Fantasy. It's in my top 5 for sure.

IX was, always has been, and still is my favorite FF game. I appreciate the brighter look on things and the colorful world.

The funny thing is, with all the bright colors and stuff, I feel like this was one of the darkest FF games from the main series (except for maybe X.) I mean each character (minus the two you mentioned) seems to have some dark thing about them.

But yes this is easily a top 5 or 10 overall game and not just a FF game IMO.

The funny thing is, with all the bright colors and stuff, I feel like this was one of the darkest FF games from the main series (except for maybe X.)

This so much

Murder, genocide, racial genocide, high amounts of mental manipulation and abuse, main character goes insane, heroine falls into a actual depression, racism, villain is a textbook narcissist and sociopath, Mother tries to murder her adopted daughter, Mother falls into greed due to manipulation and starts wars, young five/ six year old girl lives basically alone because her clan was wiped out almost completely, young boy has to face the facts that's going to die soon.

The brightness and childish style is just a illusion.

Back