[10/03] SE Conducts Kingdom Hearts Survey

Davey Gaga

Under you like a G.U.Y.
Veteran
Gil
Nintendo-Australia-to-Distribute-Square-Enix-Kingdom-Hearts-3D-Banner.jpg

Square-Enix have launched a worldwide survey for players of the beloved Kingdom Hearts series to complete. In it, you're asked about what first attracted you to the series, which titles you own, which types of games you like, what features you'd like to see in future Collector's Editions - practically everything you can think of that might influence their future direction; even your favourite bands and TV shows, which, presumably, a marketing director will make use of, somehow.

If you're like me and you fancy a chance to vent about a great series being spread too thinly over every platform under the sun, or want to kiss up, or simply have some work you're avoiding, you can complete the survey here and, hopefully, have a positive impact on the future of Kingdom Hearts.

This is probably a good idea. Look at how SE has done almost nothing right with the FF series lately...maybe they should be sending surveys in that direction instead?

Still, depending on how much they actually take on board, this should ensure that the next KH is something amazing that every fan of the series will enjoy. We can hope!

Good idea imo.

Ehh took the survey... basically it is "hey we are making Kingdom Hearts 2.5, What do you want for pre ordering it?" yeah... umm.. I am one of those guys that just want the game, and really don't care what comes with it...

Ehh took the survey... basically it is "hey we are making Kingdom Hearts 2.5, What do you want for pre ordering it?" yeah... umm.. I am one of those guys that just want the game, and really don't care what comes with it...

I think it's more than that, to be honest. The optimist in me is convinced they're looking to have ideas in place well before KH3 is released for future directions. We know that KH3 will be the end of the Xehanort Saga but that Sora will still be our hero. This looks like an early attempt to make sure they do well by us.

I've never seen them do customer-based surveys on their games before - usually, they release whatever crap they want and try better next time. This proactive approach might signal the start of something new for them. Hopefully they'll stretch stuff like this to Final Fantasy, too - although FF is a franchise and a brand by itself, whereas KH is a series/singular story, so it's easier to talk about them as a whole. You can't do a "what's your favourite thing about Final Fantasy?" because there's 14 main titles that all take a different approach to most aspects of the games.

Ubisoft did this with Assassin's Creed V. I'm not sure whether stuff like this is a good idea, kinda ruins the surprise when you know they're just going to do what most people are blatantly looking for. But then again on the other hand, if you're not obsessed with researching other peoples' opinion then you won't know and it will be a surprise. It's just that lead mindset of not wanting to surprise anyone I find discomforting.

Edit: Then again I'm pretty sure if you did the same with Final Fantasy right after VII and VIII, the results would be similar to what we saw in X, and that was my favourite game ever. They expanded on what people loved.

amazing idea on Nomura's part. gonna go do it later.

i think it's awesome that they care for our input especially since kh has started to be a bit of a cash cow with all these spinoffs and whatnot.

Choose your platform:

- PC/Mac
- Facebook
- Mobile
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- PS3
- PS4
- 3DS
- Wii
- Wii U
- None

While I can understand the omitting of PSP and DS (though I dunno why the Wii is still up there. As far as I know of, Wii U can play Wii games, right?), I have to laugh at how Facebook is listed as a gaming platform and not the Vita. :lew:

Fucking Facebook, seriously.

You would have more fun typing 8008135 on a calculator.

Some poor bastard will be reading these responses and I can imagine all the "PS VITA DAMMIT, SQUARE! IT EXISTS AND PUT THE KINGDOM HEARTS REMASTERS ON IT!" and "LOCALISE TYPE-0 YOU SHITS!" and he or she will have absolutely no power or ability to make any of these wishes come true. In future I can see them just drop input boxes completely and just have drop lists.

A gaming company asking for their consumers opinions? Surely not. Shame I have no intention of playing the franchise.

I have to laugh at how Facebook is listed as a gaming platform and not the Vita. :lew:

Fucking Facebook, seriously.

You would have more fun typing 8008135 on a calculator.

I can imagine it now, Kingdom Hearts Social, by Zynga. Yep, there's the sequel right there! As long as you're given 15 moves each day, and those moves increase by one with every level, you should be fine until you reach level 10, at that point you have to bug your friends to join the game and 'accept' you, at which point nobody plays the game anymore and you just end up annoying people by spamming their news feed.

Facebook is the only "platform" worth playing! (isn't Facebook basically on PC or your phones? :mokken: ) Not sure how else you can access facebook without having a PC or a phone....

But really I did the survey and I still say this was just a poor way to promote KH 2.5 HD, and to see what people want for pre ordering it, not like they were asking what you think would be better for the series or anything.

Oh my gosh, I hate fucking timezones.

They closed it.

Not everybody lives in America.
:raye:

Back