Dissidia Final Fantasy #3

Clairfarron21

Gil
I viewed this:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/User:Coolawits/Dissidia_014_Quattuordecim_Final_Fantasy

And now I'm starting to wish that it would actually happen. There's gotta be a next Dissidia Final Fantasy right? Witht he Final Fantasy games continuously being made. Wasn't that way Dissidia 012 was created? After Final Fantasy XIII, we wanted to play as the characters or something like that?

Well, I think Dissidia Final Fantasy #3 should happen, only would it be a prequel, an 011, or a sequel, 014? What would be nice is that they would include the characters of Kingdom Hearts since they're apart of Final Fantasy. Wouldn't it be nice to play Dissidia as Aqua, Ventus, Riku or even Vantius?

Well...

Producer Ichiro Hazama has expressed his desire in an interview about making a new Dissidia game, along with doing something special for Chrono Trigger‘s 20th Anniversary. Together with producer Yoshinori Kitase, they have seen how both Dissidia and Theatrhythm introduced a new and young generation of fans to the Final Fantasy series.

I want to make a new Dissidia, and we intend to do so. The people who’ve worked on the previous titles have also stated their desire to make a new one, too. When you ask kids in their teens about their favorite Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy Type-0 and Dissidia are more popular than the main-numbered series.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy came out on the PlayStation Portable 5 years ago as a fighting RPG which featured a roster of protagonists from the mainline titles. It was followed by the prequel Dissidia: Duodecim and the universe’s own spin-off Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, a rhythm game that was released on the Nintendo 3DS last year. The latter’s sequel, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, is due to be released next year on the same platform.

Looks like a third Dissidia may be a thing in the near future.

http://squareportal.net/2013/11/19/square-enix-shows-desire-in-making-a-new-dissidia/

Only hope

I can only hope the new characters are gonna be those I want to play as. Such as:

I: Princess Serah
IV: Rosa
VII: Aerith, Genesis, Zack (Unknown), Yuffie, Vincent, Barret
VIII: Rinoa, Sefier
IX: Garent
X: Auron
XIII: Hope, Vanille, Fang, Serah
Kingdom Hearts (If they would include it since it's partly Final Fantasy): Aqua, Ventus, Vantias, Riku, Kairi

There's tons of potential for another Dissidia game. Platform-wise both the 3DS and PSVita are very capable handhelds, and a lot of Dissidia fans would especially happily buy a Vita version for the better graphics alone. Dissidia gave us a terrific base for a fighting game, but there's plenty of room for more combos and features. And of course there's characters and skins--that's an endless DLC store waiting to happen, which should attract SE's attention. I think right now they've got too many FF games on their plate to put serious energy behind a third Dissidia game (which I expect would be unrelated to the previous two) but once they've knocked out a couple it could definitely happen with so many creators showing interest.
(And as a sidenote, welcome to the forums, Clairfarron21 and 8ther :hiya:)

Hmm, it's times like that I wish I could make it magically happen. As well as replacing the floor tiles and replace the back room door within a week and under a reasonable price…Don't ask

If, no When we get a Dissidia 3 i hope we get more FFIX reps this time, Vivi, Freya or Beatrix would be perfect for Dissidia :x3:

Back