Dirge of Cerberus Questions About Dirge / Omega

Gil
I was a little confused about Omega as well as Nero in Dirge of Cerberus. When we see it at some point, there are shadow tentacles. Was this due to the merge between Nero and Weiss? Also, what was the deal with Nero's power? Was he actually able to open a portal to another dimension (seemingly a dark, empty one) as well as travel and bring captives to other dimensions as seen with the battle with him in that area with the rocks, lava and chains? And I guess my final question would be does Omega have that power after the merger?

I think its just Nero's ability from the beginning to be able to enter dimensions via his shadow skill..So..probably Weiss was compatible with Omega because it was his ability from the beginning too.:hmm: and after all the mako experiments etc they probably should have control over their powers aside from the fact that Hojo manipulated Weiss over his worldwide networking stuff..kinda forgot the story..well he perished when they merged anyway! So most likely when they merge they joined in terms of lifestream probably:doze: I personally like to see it that since Omega was created by the planet so therefore he is created in the form of lifestream so I wouldn't be concern much about Omega having some shadowy skills when Nero and Weiss merge since they are "One" when they merge in the form of lifestream too, just that when Vincent entered Omega to stop Omega, Weiss was the original vessel since he was the only compatible vessel to join as one with Omega to begin with. So Weiss appeared best as the final boss as Omega Weiss :giggle:

I think its just Nero's ability from the beginning to be able to enter dimensions via his shadow skill..So..probably Weiss was compatible with Omega because it was his ability from the beginning too.:hmm: and after all the mako experiments etc they probably should have control over their powers aside from the fact that Hojo manipulated Weiss over his worldwide networking stuff..kinda forgot the story..well he perished when they merged anyway! So most likely when they merge they joined in terms of lifestream probably:doze: I personally like to see it that since Omega was created by the planet so therefore he is created in the form of lifestream so I wouldn't be concern much about Omega having some shadowy skills when Nero and Weiss merge since they are "One" when they merge in the form of lifestream too, just that when Vincent entered Omega to stop Omega, Weiss was the original vessel since he was the only compatible vessel to join as one with Omega to begin with. So Weiss appeared best as the final boss as Omega Weiss :giggle:
It took 10 months to get my question answered. lol.

Thanks anyways for responding.

So, I guess with Nero merging with his brother, he kind of gained Nero's powers and used them via the Omega....? Anyways, that's about what I'm guessing you're saying too.

I've got one more question that's gonna to sound goofy.

Why did anyone want to bring forth Omega in the first place? It's purpose is to ferry souls to another world in case of a disaster. Why were they planning on bringing it forth anyhow? Or is just wanting to become one with it to become a "god"?

So, I guess with Nero merging with his brother, he kind of gained Nero's powers and used them via the Omega....? Anyways, that's about what I'm guessing you're saying too.

Why did anyone want to bring forth Omega in the first place? It's purpose is to ferry souls to another world in case of a disaster. Why were they planning on bringing it forth anyhow? Or is just wanting to become one with it to become a "god"?

I'm sorry it took 10 months for the thread to get noticed. It's not always like that here and I'm not sure how that happened! :O Bad luck and timing I guess.

Omega Weapon is an interesting concept. Yeah I think it was essentially a sort of ark to hold the Lifestream. If the planet was in peril, then Omega Weapon would take the Lifestream with it and shoot out into the stars. It would then find another world and start anew. I wonder, then, if Omega Weapon was to one day fly off and land on an inhabited planet how different Omega Weapon would be from Jenova! Perhaps there's not much difference.

As for Weiss... I think Weiss did get Nero's powers after the merger to an extent, and these might have carried into Omega. I think some of Nero's darkness powers are visible with Omega, but it is only a small thing.

I'm not big on Dirge of Cerberus, but I think that Weiss was only really a puppet. Hojo's consciousness (uploaded onto the cloud, or whatever!) was the true mastermind behind everything we see in the game. I think Weiss regained his own will at about the time that Nero was merging with him and he entered Omega, but most of what we see before that is manipulated by Hojo. The plan regarding Omega Weapon was, I believe, Hojo's.

It wasn't a great plan. I don't think it is clear what Hojo wanted out of it... I think originally it was because he was a curious (and very, very mad) scientist and just wanted to know what would happen if Omega was summoned. Therefore when his consciousness re-emerged when the network was restored (during the events of Dirge of Cerberus), Hojo put things in motion to see Omega awakened. This required a strong and pure host body, and that's where Weiss came in.

It's hard to find justification or reason in the plans from the thoughts of an uploaded mind of a dying (now dead) crazy mad scientist. Attempting to find sense in it is impossible. That's Hojo (the same guy who attempted to breed Red XIII and Aerith). I think Hojo just wanted to see what would happen. Weiss, however, may have gone along with it even after shaking Hojo off because he wanted to experience the godly power of Omega Weapon.

I'm sorry it took 10 months for the thread to get noticed. It's not always like that here and I'm not sure how that happened! :O Bad luck and timing I guess.

Omega Weapon is an interesting concept. Yeah I think it was essentially a sort of ark to hold the Lifestream. If the planet was in peril, then Omega Weapon would take the Lifestream with it and shoot out into the stars. It would then find another world and start anew. I wonder, then, if Omega Weapon was to one day fly off and land on an inhabited planet how different Omega Weapon would be from Jenova! Perhaps there's not much difference.

As for Weiss... I think Weiss did get Nero's powers after the merger to an extent, and these might have carried into Omega. I think some of Nero's darkness powers are visible with Omega, but it is only a small thing.

I'm not big on Dirge of Cerberus, but I think that Weiss was only really a puppet. Hojo's consciousness (uploaded onto the cloud, or whatever!) was the true mastermind behind everything we see in the game. I think Weiss regained his own will at about the time that Nero was merging with him and he entered Omega, but most of what we see before that is manipulated by Hojo. The plan regarding Omega Weapon was, I believe, Hojo's.

It wasn't a great plan. I don't think it is clear what Hojo wanted out of it... I think originally it was because he was a curious (and very, very mad) scientist and just wanted to know what would happen if Omega was summoned. Therefore when his consciousness re-emerged when the network was restored (during the events of Dirge of Cerberus), Hojo put things in motion to see Omega awakened. This required a strong and pure host body, and that's where Weiss came in.

It's hard to find justification or reason in the plans from the thoughts of an uploaded mind of a dying (now dead) crazy mad scientist. Attempting to find sense in it is impossible. That's Hojo (the same guy who attempted to breed Red XIII and Aerith). I think Hojo just wanted to see what would happen. Weiss, however, may have gone along with it even after shaking Hojo off because he wanted to experience the godly power of Omega Weapon.
No problem. I actually coincidentally came across my post just today and coincidentally noticed someone replied only a couple of days ago.

I remember Hojo warning what would happen if Nero, being tainted, would merge with Omega (Hojo saying to Nero: "if a filthy being like you infected it...." so I imagine once he merged with Weiss that made things really bad. The tentacles of darkness seem to prove Omega was now tainted by Nero joining with his brother and thus both being joined with Omega.

As for the reason given, yeah I guess that's the best we can go on. I tried looking up some dialogue and it seems the only thing I get out of it is that Hojo was curious and just wanted to cruise the stars. That's kind of lame. After Hojo's death, I'm assuming Weiss/Nero just wanted a way to become a god-like being at this point.

Thanks for replying back btw. :)

My bad..! I'm new here hohoho..! but typically Dirge of Cerberus in general isn't very dynamic or "liked" by most final fantasy fans since probably the gameplay has it's own subjective preference..took me awhile to get used to Vincent using both melee and ranged and still looked "Cool" too. So it wasn't actually the top few happening game talked about around.

I liked the story plot much though, thats why I stopped by..haha..I believe its a good conclusion to end off the FFVII series So..satisfied fan here..! anyway yes back to your question as I refered, it was probably because of Hojo. I think he really is as one of the top real "bad" antagonist of the series thats overlooked other than the rest. He's really the mad scientist whom really gets in your nerves..Cmon..test subjects again and again..He also gave Sephiroth more "power" though he had already cast meteor through the worldwide network right at FFVII at the Midgar tower. (you probably see it at DoC beginning since you played, it was the transition from the beginning of DoC from FFVII) I believe the sole purpose of Hojo manipulating Weiss to get Omega is solely for his own ambition in science. His enjoyment in knowledge and self-actualization, Weiss on the other hand probably wants Omega for his own ambition of "cleaning" the planet making him a good vessel for Hojo to manipulate.

So yeah since Hojo's death with Weiss merging with Nero after that..They probably have the power to finish the "cleaning" ambition that they've started.

Back