Vault of Inspiration

Shenorai

The Spiritcaller
Veteran
Gil
Every now and again, we seem to hit that wall while writing that prevents us from bringing everything we had in mind out to the light. As though we need just that little bit of help to push us through to not only complete the post, but to give it that extra dash of detail and characterization. That is where this thread comes in mind.

Here in the VoI, you will find several forms of media to help you along your way. You are more likely to find music and artwork in here, but I'll keep this open for other forms of assistance as well.

Rules For Sharing Media

1. Always credit the original artist, regardless if it's music, artwork, a video source, etc.
  2. When posting music, try not to post anything that is heavy in lyrics. They can be distracting when one is listening whilst writing.
  3. Do not post images of graphic nature.
  4. Multi-posts are allowed, but please mind the forum rules regarding content in post-count sections.

The rules will be updated as needed. Now for the templates.

Music Template said:
Artist(s): Artist/Band Name.
Site: Website or Channel where said artist is found.
Title: Title of the featured song.
Genre: The genre of the featured song. (Rock, Celtic, Electronic, etc.)

[ Video if applicable. If not, post a link instead. ]

Scene: Give a short and vague summary of what you imagine whilst listening to this particular song. Nothing too detailed; we aim to inspire, not write a post for others.

Artwork Template said:
Artist: Artist Name.
Site: Website where said artist is found.
Title: Title of featured art.

[ Artwork ]

More templates will be applied as needed.

@',------------

Table of Contents:

Music
:
Adrian von Ziegler:
[Dark Electronic] You're Next
[Dark Gothic] The Sealed Kingdom
Epic Score:
[Emotional Mystery] My Soul Can Fly
Vindsvept:
[Spiritual] Spirit of the Wind

Artwork:

Last edited:
Great choice! That said, I would highly recommend Adrian von Ziegler for your epic instrumental fix. The man has tons of awesome instrumental music, which I feel caters very well to a high-fantasy setting. Epic in nature, pretty nice to have playing while you're working or writing your next RP post. A little excessive at times, but hey, never a bad thing to feel all badass while writing 1000-word essays, no?

On a side note, I typically listen to those reaaally long videos. Long, in the vein of 1 hour... At times 90 minutes... 4 hours... Or hell, even 6 hours. I rarely get to complete the full 6 hours though. Rarely.

Anyway, one favourite from that 90 minutes mix, here. If by any chance you're looking to listen to that 90 minutes mix... Here.

Artist(s): Epic Score
Site: https://www.facebook.com/epicscore/
Title: My Soul Can Fly
Genre: Mysterious Emotional Female Vocal Piano Trailer Score (I know. I know. What sort of genre is that right? I just copied that off the YouTube link)

Scene:

"Unbelievable..."
"Welcome, young one, to the land that sings. Where night is eternal, and darkness fraternal."
"Where the moon never waxes, and the tide never wanes."
"You, scion of light, will be the first of your kind. Tread carefully, for here, you are blind."

(P.S. I know, I know. Didn't notice the image in the video until I posted this, but oh well.)

Back