Sun Sigil guide

LanguageSponge

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Hi everyone,

I've been playing Final Fantasy X HD in Japanese for the last month or so and just got to the Calm Lands at about 5 this morning (I couldn't sleep). Now, I have played FFX many times before but have never bothered trying to get the power-ups for Tidus or Lulu's Celestial Weapons because dodging thunder 200 times is just madness, and I thought that Chocobo Race annoyed so many people that I'd never come close to managing it. This time around though, I'm playing it in the original Japanese which is something I've wanted to do for over 10 years, and am actually doing well. So well in fact that my characters are more powerful on this playthrough after 25 hours of play than the last time I played it in English after just over 200 hours. I have no idea how or why that's even allowed to be possible. I must have been really bad at this when I was 11.

This playthrough has been one of many "firsts" for me. I had an Aeon (Ixion) hit Anima for 9999 damage in the fight with Seymour. I'd never done that before. I had Tidus hit Seymour for over 8000 damage in Macalania Temple, which I'd never done before either. I also finally used the Highbridge as a training point for the first time ever, managed to get Blitz Ace which I'd never done before, and I managed to get it before getting to the Highbridge. I beat the Chimerageist on my first try which is an achievement for me because I'd never beaten any of the Area Conquest monsters before either. But the big achievement, I imagine, is that I got the Sun Sigil within 45 minutes of first attempting it.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/17803

I realise that damn race has annoyed lots of people before, so I thought I'd put that link here in the hope that it might help someone either now or in a month's time. I believe I'd still be racing now if I hadn't followed the tips in that guide.

Happy Racing,

LanguageSponge/Jack

i've never understood how it takes people so long, i think i did it on something like my 4th attempt. just what do people do in the chocobo race?!

The chocobo race is quite easy compared to the butterflies for me. If you can't do it watch someone of youtube do it and copy what they do.

I found the controls for the chocobo to be pretty annoying in the race. I had trouble collecting enough balloons at first. Oddly enough, I had less trouble with the butterfly catching.

My first X playthrough was a year ago and it took a solid day from morning to night to beat that race. During the HD playthrough I did it on like my 3rd attempt.

I hate that race. I attempted it on three separate nights because I just didn't have the patience for it. Putting the game on mute helps because the noise of the bird smacking my chocobo in the face was enough to make me want to smash my tv screen. Using the d-pad instead of the analog helped me as well. Then it was just repetition. I must have played the game close to 50 times before I eventually got it. In all my playthroughs, something like 6, I've only ever gotten the Sun Sigil twice.

i managed this really quick this time round, youre not gunna do it, generally, if you miss those first four or 5 balloons to set you up at the start. annoys me when you get a quick succession of birds int eh face though, before you have time to recover from being hit another one slaps you one.... ugh

I also managed it pretty quick but I think most people problem is simple. They read tutorials and tell themselves oh I can only win when there is five straight ballons down one side for me to get at the begining. In thinking that way they only really try on that pattern but it comes around so little that when it does come they get overly excited and determined and not relaxed about it which causes mistakes. For me i usually on get 3 ballons of the straigh away and do all my work in the field. Yes it is annoying but you can do it.

I personally have never gotten the 200 bolts tho because it is just dumb to me. lulu does not even use her weapons until you leverl her up to crazy levels and put her through like auron grid or something.

Back