Lightning Returns How to use Cloud's suit

Xasaba

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hi everyone

I have the pre-order DLC with Cloud's uniform, I entered the code and the game downloaded it and installed it, but I've been playing for a week and I can't see anywhere where this suit is, what I have to do to use it?

Thanks in advance!

Basically you have to go into the menu in game and go onto reward barter shop. Once clicked you go to downloadable content and the cloud suit will be there :)

Its alright I was like that myself and just came across it by fluke haha. It is a good costume and there are some better ones later on but some abilities with the cloud suit keep me using it.

After you beat the game and play the second time around, you can upgrade weapons. Cloud's sword is one of the strongest in the game as it can be upgraded to 3500 strength. You can also upgrade it's knockout power to +20%.

Pretty sure the (Broken) Ultima weapon is more powerful though. I've not played it in awhile but I'm pretty sure the (Broken) Ultima Weapon is 4000 and gives ATB recovery speed bonus xD, Which is FAR better than Knockdown... Why knock them down when you can 1 shot them or 2 shot them before they get a turn?

Although I WILL say that the Buster Sword honestly isn't THAT great. Yes you can get it's power to 3500, but with the (Broken) Ultima Weapon at full strength and with the.... Well, Not the full need, but with the highly recommend setup being (For me anyway) 1 Melee, 1 Mage/Debuff, 1 Sentinel, Having the Chaos Ravenger on Mage/Debuff and something that helps with defending/hp recovery or some such on sentinel, The Buster Sword is almost useless. Also with the Yuna FFX-2 outfit's Crushing Wave + Chaos Ravanger, You literally don't even need anything else... You can kill most bosses with the exception of the final boss with 1-2 Overclocks before they even become a threat/problem. And once you're on Hard Mode they're a fucking joke, Even the Hard day boss variants are a push over with Crushing Wave.

When I hit Hard Mode I didn't use ANY dlc, I was using strictly the stuff you get in game and wasn't even buying anything from the other players. I upgraded the (Broken) Ultima Weapon to max strength and capped out it's ATB recharge rate and used the Equilibrium+ outfit and took out Noel+ and Snow++ without even trying by just spamming Attack (Star)+Overclock. Caius is a fucking joke without Overclock on Hard Mode if you max out your strength on the (Broken) Ultima Weapon, The secret boss on the hidden day is a push over as well so long as you guard at the right times and with Heroic Guard he's a pansy at all times if your ATB recharge is maxed.... Which for Sentinel it SHOULD be especially if you have the garbs that increase physical/magical resist plus accessories maxed out which is insanely easy once you get to hard since you can reset endlessly with no consequences. None of the random encounters are a problem aside from maybe the cactuar but if you have the Siegfried outfit and just use Relentless Assault you'll kill him no problem, Or the Cosmic Outfit and use it's special ability with max Strength (Or limit broken strength...) Or hell, Using Charged Attack at max power with maxed strength will 1 shot them without fail so long as he doesn't backflip at the wrong (Right for him) time. And hell even on your first run through using Charged Attack with just the (Broken) Ultima Weapon will deal like 35k damage if it's at full charge.

All in all the only 'Challenge' in Hard Mode is the final boss that I've found as I'm still yet to beat him WITH limit break active but that's because I keep fucking up and making mistakes. Really even the final boss in Hard Mode isn't that difficult if you block at the right times. Just have 1 sentinel for physical attacks and one for magical attacks and 1 to just wail on him with Artemis Arrows and you'll kill him no problem. Haste/Bravery are your friend here and Overclocking is a godsend in this battle so having some EP restoring potions helps as well as 1 or 2 Auto-Revive potions in case you screw up. With a full inventory you'll have no problem beating him if you block at the right times, Especially if you have Heroic Guard since it reduces all damage by 99% if you block and by 100% if you perfect guard which can be tricky against him in Hard Mode since his attacks come fast and frequent. Overall as I said, He isn't hard if you block at the right times.... I'm just dumb and don't block because I prefer the aggressive style but that DOES NOT work against Hard Mode Bhunivelza.... I cry everytime he kills me. But... At the same time... Deaths in this game are like pointless once you hit Hard Mode since you literally just have to beat the storyline bosses and maybe a few other side quests (Not Canvas Board Quests) to get to the final day... Other than that it's mostly just grinding for items so you can upgrade other items.

But at the same time for the final boss you can also use for your physical sentinel Jump+Fang's weapon+Double/Triple Jump. Jump is by far the most overpowered ability in Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns. It has an INSANELY high stagger rate and the damage from it doesn't decrease from an ordinary attack so if you've capped your strength at 5k, You'll be doing 20-30k+ damage with Bravery per Jump (Mind you, You NEED Beat Down at Star rank to do this). So there are many ways to approach the final boss, One sentinel with Heroic Guard and one of the garbs that increase physical/magical defense and max ATB recharge rate will ensure you never take damage with the right guards and with Artemis Arrows+Double/Triple jump at Star Rank you'll kill him pretty fast if you have Haste/Bravery on. Really you don't NEED Bravery though I would suggest Haste. Another tip is when you overclock, Use all of the guage and as you finish the last jump command, Hit the Army of One to finish off the last sliver before it runs out to get some extra damage in and once that finishes, Immediately jump into your next Overclock, Rinse and repeat until he falls. Remember to block though with Heroic Guard if you are using a double attack strat and not double sentinel since you'll take a LOT of damage. It IS possible to fully guard through physical/magical attacks without any guards but it requires you to sacrifice those two slots since you will NOT be able to do any damage aside from maybe 10-50 damage which doesn't even make it worth using them. Do this fast enough and with enough EP potions and Overclocks, The Hard Mode Final Boss will go down before anything dangerous comes out.

Back