What If? Final Fantasy Movie

FFturn-based80

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
So I was wondering if you could have one Final Fantasy movie based off a game which would it be? Now the movie could either be live-action or animated and could be part of the game story line or perhaps set a few years after like advent children was. Also explain why you would want it and a short summary of what you want it to be.

This warrants a serious discussion. I'll voice my thoughts when I'm less busy. Consider me as someone who's claiming a territory in this thread. lol

I always thought some quality animation based on XII would be brilliant; movie or series. The game let us explore and reward ourselves for it possibly more than any other Final Fantasy before it, and I think it would be nice to see more stories behind the different maps and architecture. The only type of animation or direction I would disapprove of though is something similar to Advent Children: Final Fantasy VII, which felt like more like a result of an online petition than a movie trying to stand tall.

The reason I choose animation instead of live action is because the latter would come with too many risks, like coming off as a "Lord of the Rings" knock-off, or Russel Crowe joining the cast and bullying the crew and turning it into "Russel Crowe: The Movie".

I always thought some quality animation based on XII would be brilliant; movie or series. The game let us explore and reward ourselves for it possibly more than any other Final Fantasy before it, and I think it would be nice to see more stories behind the different maps and architecture. The only type of animation or direction I would disapprove of though is something similar to Advent Children: Final Fantasy VII, which felt like more like a result of an online petition than a movie trying to stand tall.
I suppose they haven't made an animated series for Star Wars Episodes IV-VI. Hmmm. ;P I'm just kidding!

I liked Advent Children, aside from some bad voice acting. But, it is the only FF that I really ever wanted to see more of in the form of a movie. I can't really think of any other FF game that I'd want a movie based off of. I tend not to like Video-game Movies or Movie Video-games, other than Resident Evil Extinction the movie and Star Wars video games.

If I had to choose though, I would choose the very first Final Fantasy, and have it reimagined by very creative directors. The story is simple and if made into a live-action epic with a high budget, it could appeal to a wider audience.

Back