Help A little help with the junctions please?

Xasaba

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hi everyone.

Well right now I'm at the end of the CD2 and I'm facing the combats against the optional GF Cerberus, Seifer, and Edea. And well I'm totally stuck on these combats, basically they destroy me very quickly. I read that in this game all the monster level up if do it too, so leveling wouldn't be a solution.

I use a party formed by Squall lv 25 (1300 hp), Rinoa lv 20 (1000 hp) and Quistis lv 20 (1000 hp). I've been watching a lot of gameplays and they have a lot more health than me, or they attack harder. I think the key is on the junctions. I never understood very well how they worked but now I'm seeing that it's a very complex system and that is the key of everything. I read a couple of guides about the junctions but I don't understand them very much.

I made new junctions trying to boost my health but I can't see any difference, any stat varies, I supose it's because I don't understand well the system... So what can I do at this point? What kind of junctions do you recommend me? Where can I get better spells and improve my character? Should I load an old save I do stuff outside the 'garden' before doing this part?

I know it's a difficult question but any help would be great, I'm affraid of have fucked everything up a this point for no paying attention to this u.u'

Thanks in advance :D

First off what GF's do you have at this point? If you missed the optional ones which by this point are quite a bit you will be missing key junction abilities. Also have you been manually assigning abilities for your GF's to learn, or let the game auto pick? If you let game autopick it often gives you the least useful ones you want. If you have Quez's card mod ability and card refine you can refine spells from cards to help junction to your stats. As far as junction abilities you should have a variety like str-j and them.

You wanna be card modding and using magic mods to change items into magic. Ideally the abyssal words, each of them basically gives you 20 tornados. Junction 100 Tornados to HP or STR and that should give you a big boost. That's all I can really think of without going in to major detail :hmmm: Ideally you want a HP & STR junction per person but I doubt you will be able to at this point so maybe try on just 2 and have the third character as a healer. Do you have Brothers by this point? I forget.. :ffs:

If he got all GF's up to this point including optional he should have nine of the GF's I believe. Quezoctl(sp), Shiva, Ifrit, Siren, Diabolos, Brothers, Carbuncle, Leviathan, and Pandemoia.

Everyone always says how card modding is important, but I never play cards and always end up with good stats. Just good old-fashioned drawing is completely fine.

Just chuck some sort of healing move on HP (can you have curaga by that point?); Life is good too. A lot of magic will boost you up plenty of strength for that point; play around with them and see which is best.

If trial and error doesn't work out, then just use auto-junction. It does everything incredibly well anyways. If you're still doing badly regardless of that, you're just gonna have to go draw for a while. You only need to get maybe 50 quantity of maybe 3 spells per character anyways, which isn't much. Just grab Life from those black shadow like enemies and chuck it on HP and you'll get through that boss/es fine imo.

quake is a really good one to junction to hp. i can't remember which one, but one of the brothers cards gives you 100 of an item, and in turn about 20 of those gives you 100 quakes. the key to it all though really is to just make sure you have as many magics as possible because the more you have, the higher your stats.

Hi, thanks to everyone for replying ^^

The GF I have at this moment are: Quezoctl, Shiva, Ifrit, Siren, Leviathn, Carbuncle and Pandemona. I also have Odin, but this one is special...

And yes, I did the auto training for all the GF's. About the cards I just played one single game on the whole game, I thought they wouldn't be anything important..

Well I will try to draw lots of magic from the garden's monsters. The problem is that they don't usually give '+' or '++' magics, that I suppose they boost better than the normal ones. Let's see if I can see any difference, 'cause right now doesen't matter what I junction, the stats practically don't change.

One more time thank you very much for the answers!!! (And apologies if my english is bad sometimes =P)

Certainly, Junctioning Curaga to health will definitely boost your parties survival rate immensely.

You can get 20 curagas by refining cottages with Siren.

Anyway, here's a link with junction values for you while going through the game.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Junction_System

Also, I'd really suggest getting Ifrit's Str Bonus and grinding your phys. attacker with it.

Good luck, and enjoy the game!!

Back