A Goal

KaiserOddSoul

Gil
So I'm some random guy who had decided to play all the FF games starting with 1. I have been wanting to get into the games ever since I was a little kid, but I was broke. Now through the magic of a job I can play them! I have beaten 1 and 2, and figured I'd start logging my thoughts. Though I couldn't think of any place I could do it, that would have people that care. Thus I appear here on these forums to lurk. I think 1 (played the NES version) was hard, but satisfying to beat. It was simple in a good way, and it pros far outweighed it's cons. FF2 felt like it was trying to be innovative, and succeeded, and at the same time failed. While it's new systems were impressive, they are the games greatest fault. Took too long to level all the skills, and the context sensitive dialogue system seemed redundant in the way it was used.

If anyone is willing to read, I would be happy to do in-dept reviews on all the games I play, as I go further into the series. I'd also do more in-dept reviews of 1 and 2. As someone who is essentially blind to the majority of the serise, I may be able to provide some interesting perspectives on things. What do you guys think?

Keep at it. Final Fantasy II was difficult to level your skills but there was a trick to it that saved a lot of time which involves your characters hitting themselves among other things. It's not cheating but it's sorta built into the game. I don't condone cheating as it takes away the reward of doing it as intended but Final Fantasy II was an odd one.

Also welcome.

Welcome my friend and trust me it s worth it to play all the games through. I've recently been playing through the games myself just not in order. It's been since i was a kid/early teen since i played most of the FF games so after i played tactics again i found myself playing 6,7 and now im in 8 right now. I plan on playing 9 then jumping back to 1 through 5. I have never played any games after ten myself but maybe ill give that a try someday lol. Anyhow welcome and i know you will enjoy your ride through these masterpieces that we call Final Fantasy!!

Welcome mortal!

When I was a clueless teenager and thought water came from the pipes instead of lakes and rivers, I wanted to beat all the games too, but I was a broke, just like you. Now that I'm an older broke, I used the magic of piracy I can beat all of them too. Fun fact: I thought about beating the SNES FFIV today, and restart this 'impossible mission'. If it depend on me, I would happily read your impressions to compare with mine, so, good luck, because that can get boring!

FF I and II have been remade a number of times. The NES versions are old and outdated, and aren't going to land well to gamers used to the surrounding generations of games.
It would probably be redundant for you to play them again, but the Anniversary remakes are pretty much refined to perfection, getting rid of hangups and such.

I would, if it's possible, go with remakes from there on out. They are better, and at the same time do not jeopardize the authenticity of the games.

Welcome to FFF KaiserOddSoul!

I wish I had the time to go back and play each one from start to finish. That would be a great thing for a franchise fan to pull off. Especially since these games are now almost 25 years old. I hope you enjoy the site and find the discussions intriguing!

You're going to have a lot of fun with the 2d installments, that much I can say for sure.

Back