FFV Storyline update...

Gavindale Marchovia

ShinRa Guard
Gil
I hate to do this... I started playing FFV a long time ago, and got some serious leveling and updating of job abilities done. It was, in my opinion, a great game, but things got busy over here, and I had to put the game on hiatus for a while. Now I have the opportunity to start playing, but my problem is that I have forgotten the storyline of the game - up to the end of the first world. I have found that if a player deviates from an RPG for a while, they forget the storyline, and that pretty much ruins the game. Hopefully for my sake someone would fill me in on what has happened in the game up until the end of the first world. Details please! I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

Don't worry friend. The same thing happened to me, so I ended up pulling out my ps2 and started playing the game from the beginning. Alright so you want me to fill you in on what happens to the point you leave to the second world? Got it. Alright here goes.

Prelude:
The story starts off in the Tycoon Kingdom as the king senses a great change in the wind. He soon heads off to the Wind Shrine on his wind drake, leaving Princess Lenna to run things in his absence. Sensing a dramatic change in the wind, and with her father yet to return from The Wind Shrine, Lenna proceeds to make her way over there in order to find out what happened to him. During the same time the game switches over to a band of pirates lead by their leader Faris, who also notices the change in the wind, before switching over to Galuf who also notices the change in the wind, as he travels inside a meteor from his world over to the first world.We are then showed what actually happens inside The Wind Shrine as King Tycoon arrives inside the chamber just in time to see the crystal shatter into pieces before being engulfed a flash of white light.

Part 1:

The story then switches over and it is here where we are first introduced to our game's protagonist Bartz Klauser, who is camping with his Chocobo Boko. While in the middle of camp, they discover a huge meteorite descending from the sky threatening to land towards their directions. Quickly making themselves scarce, Bartz and Boco manage to flee the area just before the meteorite lands. Deciding to check things out, Bartz and Boco return to the area, only to discover a pair of goblins harassing an unconscious Lenna. Bartz quickly comes to her aid and saves her from the dreaded pair. Thankful for his heroic deeds Lenna quickly thanks him, but just as she was about to leave, the two hear a groaning noise near the meteorite. Looking around, they soon discover Galuf who happens to have suffered amnesia due to the rough landing. Lenna then proceeds to tell the two that she has to leave in order to go to the Wind Shrine, in which Galuf remembers that he too has business there. Lenna agrees to take him with her, but when she asks if Bartz wants to come, he declines and the three go their separate ways. This doesn't last long as Bartz soon encounters and rescues Lenna and Galuf lying unconsciously as the ground tremors under them. Bringing them to safety Bartz decides to accompany Lenna; telling her that the wind is calling him, to which Galuf teases that he is joining simply because he has the hots for Lenna embarrassing him. The three soon make their way inside a nearby cave, only to soon discover a pirate hideout shortly. After a brief discussion, the three conclude stow away on the ship and take it themselves in order to get to the Wind Shrine. They successfully sneak on, are about to take off only Faris to catch them just as they arrive on the tiller. Despite Lenna's pleas, (Also revealing that she is a princess, greatly surprising everyone) Faris has the three locked up, but not before discovering a pendant that Lenna posses that appears to be similar to her own. The next day Faris has her crew bring the three to which she informs them that she will take them to the Wind Shrine.

As they make there way towards the Wind Shrine, they soon stop in a village Tule. Once they arrive, Faris and her group of pirates immediately set off to the pub for some beer and entertainment as Bartz, Lenna, and Galuf explore the town. Once they make it back in the pub they discover Faris has went upstairs to catch some sleep. Deciding to check on her, Bartz and Galuf are smitten over how beautiful she looks, (although believing them her to be a guy at the time) greatly confusing Lenna. Once she awakens the group makes their way towards the Wind Shrine.

As they arrive they find the chancellor of Tycoon where he informs them of the current situation, of how the wind has stopped and how monsters are appearing inside the shrine. When Lenna asks what of her father, the chancellor tells her that he has yet to return from the top floor. The four quickly make their through the shrine, and after a boss fight with a WingRaptor, they arrive to the chamber. Once there the group discovers the crystal shattered in pieces, however each of them are soon granted the powers from the 4 elements. Bartz representing wind, the element of Passion/Pursuit. Lenna representing water, the element of Devotion/Kindness. Faris representing fire, the element of Courage. Galuf representing Earth, the element of hope. Once these powers are passed on to the four a ghostly image of King Tycoon appears informing the group that they must protect the crystals from an evil spirit that threatens to return (Exdeath) before disappearing. With their fate of the world resting on their shoulders, the group proceeds to make their way to the Water shrine.

I'll finish the rest tomorrow.

Alright let's continue where we left off shall we?

Part two:

After the heroes recieve the power of the crystals, (as well as recieve 6 new job classes to choose from) they soon return back to Tule in order to seek out Zok, a friend of the King who happens to hold the key to the Torna Canal. As they arrive, he is pleasantly surprised seeing the princess (Lenna) due to how long it has been. When Lenna inquires about the key to the canal, Zok lies to her, saying that he had lost the key to the canal a long time ago. He then insist of the 3 (Faris presumably went back to the bar, and rested at the inn) of them to spend the night at his place.

That night Bartz, unable to sleep decides to step outside in order to think. It is here where we learn of Bartz's familiarity with the crystals due to his father always mentioning them when he was a child. As Bartz returns inside he is met by Zok, who reveals to him that he lied about not having the key, but lied out of fear for Lenna's safety. He then gives the key to Bartz, pleading for him to keep Lenna safe, to which he agrees as they both head for bed. The following morning the group meet up with Faris and proceed to head out, but not before she announces to her crew that she's leaving them in order to help Bartz and co. Although reluctant, the crew accepts their captain's decision, and agrees to protect their hideout in her absence. With nothing holding them back, the group make their way towards the canal. As they make their way, Bartz and Lenna share a heart to heart moment, where she expresses her concern in protecting the crystals and the consequences should they fail to carry out this task. Bartz along with the others assure her that they will protect them no matter what; Faris goes even as far to say that how sure she in on The King is still alive.

It's not long before they arrive to canal as Bartz uses the key to open the passage way (greatly surprising the others in the process). As they make their way through, it wasn't long before disaster strikes as the group find themselves sucked into a whirlpool caused by the scorpion/crab like monster Karlabos. Their victory turns out bittersweet as Faris' pet/friend, Slydra/Hydra is separated from the group as she still trapped in the watery vortex. Desperate to help save her childhood companion Faris proceeds to jump off the ship only to be restrained by Bartz and Galuf. The four then watch as Slydra/Hyrda descends into to the water, never to be heard from again. With the wind being gone, and their only method of transportation now lost, the heroes find themselves stranded, being totally at the mercy of the waters as it continues to cast them off across the ocean floor.

After a few days the group find themselves docked in a strange area, in which Faris identifies as The Ship Graveyard; a home of undead monsters and spirits, made by the remains of drifting ships that gather. The group bravely proceed to make their way through the graveyard. It is here where we discover that Faris is actually a female as she remains reluctant to change in front of them. As the group reaches the end they are soon encountered by a Siren who proceeds to deceive the party into them believing they are looking at their loved ones. The Siren's plan on stealing there souls is almost achieved, however due to Galuf's amnesia he couldn't remember the image of his granddaughter that appeared before him. Quickly snapping the other 3 of it, (by slapping the hell out of them) the four defeats the Siren and leaves the graveyard.

After making a brief stop in the village Carwen, the group make their way towards North Mountain, upon finding out that the wind drake that King Tycoon rode on was located in that region. As they venture up the mountain top, Lenna soon discovers her father's helmet, only to be poisoned after being shot from behind by the hunter Magisa, who was hunting for the drake/dragon. Before anyone is able to go to her aid, the ground collapse from under them preventing the three from helping her. This however doesn't stop Faris as she jumps/climbs across and creates a line for Bartz and Galuf to cross over. A battle soon ensues between our heroes and the female hunter. (If you wait long enough her husband Forza will join the fight as well) After defeating the pair, the group make it to the top, where they see Hiryuu (the drake/dragon) badly wounded. In order to heal it Lenna braves across a few poisonous flowers in order to retrieve the Hiryuu plant. Although she manages to retrieve the plant she is badly poisoned due to the exposure from the plants. Fortunately for her she was able to be restored back to health thanks to the drake/dragon. The group proceed to ride the drake, although Bartz was very reluctant due to his fear of heights.

The group quickly decides to fly back to Tycoon to speak to the chancellor. The chancellor is relieved to see Lenna is safe, and urges her to return, but she declines saying she is needed for a greater task, and that her father is still alive. The four decide to rest up at the castle. That night Lenna encounters Faris outside and proceeds to talk to her. The conversation grows awkward the moment when Lenna calls Faris her "sister" before asking if they truly are kin to one another. Faris simply laughs and dismisses at the thought of such a thing before going back inside leaving a saddened Lenna who looks down at her pendant stating how hers look exactly the same to like her own.

The next day, the group flies off on the wind drake and heads towards the town Worus. Overall the town proves to be a rather quiet one, as the people enjoy their prosperous lives due to the power of the water crystal. It is also here where a creature by the name of Garula. Once they finished checking out the town, they immediately head towards Castle Worus in order to warn the king about the endangerment of amplifying the water crystal. The king at first dismisses the mere thought of the possibility of the crystal shattering, due to the vast wealth and prosperity it had brought them, and assures Bartz and co. that everything would be fine. Moments later another tremor could be felt as another meteorite falls from the sky, landing near the water shrine. A guard immediately informs the king of the situation as the king makes his way over to the tower with a few soldiers. Deciding to follow them, Bartz and co. travel close behind.

When they arrive, they find a pair of guards knocked down on the ground. This was due to the creature Garula, (the creature encountered earlier during in the town Worus.) The guards state how Garula went on a rampage as the king pursued closely behind the wild creature. Eventually they find the king who is badly injured thanks to Garula. The king then pleads for the four to stop Garula from destroying the crystal as venture on inside the tower. As they reach the crystal chamber, it is here when we spot Garula and a guard, to which he informs to the party that Garula is being controlled by someone. Garula makes quick work of the guard before turning his attention back towards Bartz and company as another battle ensues. Although they emerge victorious, they once again find themselves too late as the crystal shatters into pieces. The guard slowly makes it to his feet before passing out at the entrance way, (blocking their way out convientenly). With his last breath he begs for Galuf to save the fire crystal. Before Galuf could find ask the fallen warrior more about himself, the tower soon begins to sink under due to the power of the crystal no longer being able to sustain it.

Although Bartz and co. manage to escape the sinking tower, they manage to do so a tad bit too late as they are submerged underwater. Luckily they are saved by the returning Syldra/Hydra. As the they enter Syldra's/Hydra's mouth Faris notices Lenna drifting away as she losses consciousness. Quickly reeling her back towards her, Faris proceeds to drag her along with herself inside the creature's mouth. Taking them to safety, it is here where Faris is forced to say a heartfelt goodbye to her old companion as she exhausted the remaining amount of her strength in order to save the four. Knowing that she was gone for good, Faris mourns for the loss of her oldest friend, as Lenna silently thanks Syldra/Hydra for her sacrifice.

I'll move on to part three tomorrow.

Sorry I'm late! Alright moving on to part three! (Too all the moderators, I am aware that I am making multiple posts. I would like to ask for you guys to forgive me as I feel it would be a little overwhelming if I simply did all of this in one post. Again my sincere apologies.)

Part three:

After the heartfelt goodbye, the group immediately head over towards the meteorite that fell not too far where The Tower used to stand. Not long into their investigation does the group encounter what appears to be a weird portal inside the meteorite. After Bartz accidentally falls in, the group immediately head after him, only to discover that they've been teleported to another meteorite across the sea. After traveling a fair distance, the group finally arrives in the town Karnak. It wasn’t long for the group to find themselves in a bind as they are quickly apprehended and locked away in the dungeon below Karnak castle. This is due to multiple witnesses having seen them emerge from out of the meteorite (how this is the case considering how far the meteorite as away from the town and how it’s blocked by mountain terrains is anyone’s guess.)

During their confinement the group soon meets and befriends a strange yet knowledgeable scholar name Cid Previa. It is here where we discover that he is not only the creator of the fire ship, in which the crystal resides, but is also responsible for creating machines in order to greatly amplify the amount of power used from the crystal, resulting in the town’s prosperity. There was a problem however. As a result of the over usage of the machinery, Cid discovered that they were in fact damaging the crystal’s structure, and it would only be a matter of time before the crystal itself shattered. Immediately informing the King of his discovery, the king merely dismisses his pleas of stopping the machines. Deciding to take matters into his own hands, Cid’s attempts were completely thwarted and he was quickly apprehended. Upon finishing his story, Cid is greatly pleased to discover that Bartz and co. were there for the exact reason in attempts to protect the crystal, and explains to the group that it is currently located in the fire powered ship. Shortly afterwards the King of Karnak soon arrives, informing Cid that something was happening with the fire crystal. We also discover that the Queen had mysteriously vanished without a trace. After a brief negotiation, Cid agrees to investigate on the cause of the problem, but only if Bartz and co. were freed as well. Agreeing to his demands, the king frees all of the prisoners and the five make their way towards the fire powered ship.

Once they arrived, Cid informs the group that the ship’s engine is draining the fire crystal’s power, and if it isn’t stopped fast enough, the crystal will shatter. Agreeing to go down to the check the engine, Cid leads them down to the entrance, but not before warning them off the monsters down below (Again how this is the case is anyone’s guess, but hey this is final fantasy we’re talking about right?). As the heroes reach the boiler room, they are surprised to discover Queen Karnak awaiting their arrival, only to discover that she had been possessed as she sends the monster Liquid Flame to destroy them. After the four make quick work of the monster fiend, the queen informs them that she was taking over by an evil spirit as her mind was soon enveloped by darkness. She also informs that is was the same spirit that was trying to destroy the crystals, not the machines. Quickly urging the heroes to save the crystal, the heroes make their way into a pipe leading them directly to the chamber.

Once they arrived, they are soon met by a werewolf who happens to know Galuf. After a small misapprehension, the group comes to an understanding that the werewolf was there to help. Galuf proceeds to ask him if he could inform him on who exactly he is, but before he could answer a random guard emerges from out of nowhere, flipping over a switch that causes the crystal to overload and shatter. We soon discover that the guard was possessed an evil spirit as he states on how there is one more crystal left before the seal is broken. The guard then mysteriously vanishes as quickly as he arrives as Bartz and co. bolt towards the switch only to discover that it was broken. The group watches helplessly as the pipes close in on the crystal. In a desperate attempt to save them, the werewolf jumps in between the last closing pipe, urging them to make a break for it and to protect the last crystal. With the ship going up in flames, Bartz and co. quickly attempted to save the werewolf, but due to the mounting flames that blocked their path from the right side. Quickly deciding to move towards the left side, Bartz and co. soon find themselves descending below as the floor collapses from under them. Wishing Galuf the best, the werewolf watches helplessly as the fire crystal shatters, only to perish moments later after exhausting all of his strength. Meanwhile Bartz and co. after their descent quickly makes their back to the chamber, only to discover that the crystal had already shattered, and the werewolf had already passed away.

Upon realizing the grave danger of the situation, Lenna informs everyone that they need to evacuate quickly as the fire crystal was the only thing holding the castle together; without it the castle was doomed to explode within the next ten minutes. With no time to lose the group quickly makes their way through the castle and towards the exit, battling numerous monsters in the process. Just when they are about to escape they are forced to do battle with the bounty hunter Iron Claw, minutes/seconds before the whole place detonates. After making quick work of the fiend, the four are able to make it out by the skin of their teeth. Watching from a safe distance, the four watch as the castle blows into smithereens as they receive new abilities from the shattered crystal shards.

The final part: coming soon.

Looks good so far! I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to fill me on on the storyline from the beginning of FFV to the point where the four characters travel from the first work to the second one. Not a huge deal, just wanted to say thanks for what you have sent me so far, and I await the rest of the story! Have a good one!

Back