Help Unlocking FFXIII content issues on current save

Chocolina

Gil
I've ran into a problem with XIII-2,
I'm about 1/2-3/4 way through the story ans decided I wanted to unlock the Extras in the main menu.
I read in my CE strategy guide that I need a XIII save from the same console to unlock 4 unique extras (Eternal Crystal key item, Lightning & Serah Mask adornments & Lightning XMB Theme)
So I got a copy of XIII for PS3 too to unlock them.

Here is my problem:
XIII-2 recognises my XIII save and lets me unlock/install the Lightning XMB theme, but that is all.
The Eternal Crystal key item has not appeared in my inventory.
The Lightning mask treasure sphere isn't appearing in Serendipity.
The Serah mask isn't in the void beyond..

Basically it seems as if I cannot redeem these prizes on a current save?
please tell me there is a way?

I started a New Game to see if there are any issues and low and behold I am greeted with a message telling me my data has been recognised and the Eternal Crystal can be found in my key items.

What a shame, I really love this installment (unlike many others) but I don't really want to start the game again for 2 adornments and a bit of extra luck on the slots.

i think u need to beat FF13 and have a completed story file on your game. i got everything unlocked for my 360 and thats what u need. im like 95% sure u need a completed story file on your ps3 from 13 to unlock it.

i think u need to beat FF13 and have a completed story file on your game. i got everything unlocked for my 360 and thats what u need. im like 95% sure u need a completed story file on your ps3 from 13 to unlock it.

I got a 100% Save to try and it is exactly the same issue.
If I start a new game then the content WILL unlock, but I cannot have it unlocked on my current XIII-2 save, meaning I'd have to restart the XIII-2 Story to get these items :(

I got a 100% Save to try and it is exactly the same issue.
If I start a new game then the content WILL unlock, but I cannot have it unlocked on my current XIII-2 save, meaning I'd have to restart the XIII-2 Story to get these items :(

If you already started the game, you wont be able to unlock it :(

I ran into the problem where I deleted my FFXIII data, then XIII-2 came out and learned about that :hmph:

Sooo yeah... going either have to start a new game... or go without the data :sad3:

If you already started the game, you wont be able to unlock it :(

I ran into the problem where I deleted my FFXIII data, then XIII-2 came out and learned about that :hmph:

Sooo yeah... going either have to start a new game... or go without the data :sad3:

:( That is a shame.
Thank-you for confirming my suspicions. I think I can do without the extra Serendipity luck after all..Its not worth starting the game again for that and some masks.

At least my XMB themes are still unlocking so that's something.

Thanks for all the help.
I understand it was likely the intention of the developers for you to have completed XIII first as it is a trilogy story series, but I think they shouldve also benefitted people who played the other games first then wanted to go BACK and discover the origins of the story. It works both ways for sales! :)
I'll learn in the future..

Back