International Zodiac Job System

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
I've been wanting to play this version for quite a while now, but of course it's only out in Japan. :shame: I could import it, but that's a bit of money and time I just don't have. Haha.

I would love to battle all of the Judges, though.

Has anyone actually played this version?

Yeah, I own it myself and I have to say it's far superior in pretty much every way.

Whilst everyone being restricted to a specific class for the whole duration of the game is a little weird at first if you're used to the original it's pretty nice. Having everyone able to do everything got a little old so it's nice to actually have a need to switch people around. They changed a few other things around too, like Expose now works on Yiazmat so you can lower his def and the damage cap has been removed, you can also control guest characters and espers.

To top it off there's a 'speed up' option in game which makes the game effectively play in fast forward which was my favourite addition. There are other additions as well but it would be easier for you to google it or something to get the full change list.

Finally there's a great English fan translation/patch available (although you need an English copy as well to make the iso file) to make the game easier for people who can't read Japanese.

Tl;dr: Only buy it if you really like XII, it has nice additions but that's about it.

Back