Traveling

I'm fascinated with cultures in Asia and Africa. Both have dozens of countries and places that I would love to see one day. They're rich in culture, they're ancient, and while there's a lot of tourism nowadays, I think the history of certain places are still untouched (for the most part) and are worth discovering. When I think vacation, I see myself traveling those places and mingling with the people and delving into their cultures, not sitting at some resort somewhere. :lew: Not like that's bad, I would enjoy that sometimes, too--but for the most part, traveling from dozens of different places in Asia and Africa is what I wish for. This is actually something I am seriously planning for, honestly. It freaks my mom out when I say it but I will be very sad if I don't get to see one place in Asia or Africa. It will take me a while to get enough cash to see some of the places, but I will one day and when I do it'll be amazing. People are always like "it's dangerous" "you'll catch something and die" but whatever, I don't care. :lew:

I've waited far too long to see Egypt to not see it at least once :mokken:

As for a less extreme vacation, I really wanna see the grand canyon and go camping for a week or so. That would be amazing to experience.

i'm going to krakow next month for a couple of days which i'm really excited about. we haven't really picked the best time to visit, in the middle of february, cos they don't really have a lot going on so i'd quite like to go back later in the year and see what it's like in summer. i really wan to visit auschwitz, but it doesn't look like we're going to have time to do that and that's somewhere i'd really like to visit in my lifetime.

there are lots of other places i want to go to; venice being one of the main ones since that's likely to be gone in our lifetime. i'd also really like to go to egypt, but maybe not right now. new zealand, various places in america, rio de janeiro, dublin, rome, paris, iceland, mexico, russia and jamaica are all on the list too.

Definitely Brazil good lord the women, weather, and beaches! Next on the list is China, Russia, and Okinawa (again).

I love to relax on vacation and try to find an excellent woman to accompany me to bars were we will drink the finest liquors, weather I do like warm but can be flexible depending on the country.

I'd like to visit a little of every place. Get a caravan and roll around Europe, maybe even Asia. I'd like to live in Japan for a while too. And travel around the US with some friends. I'd like to visit it all, even my home country! There's a lot of places I haven't visited yet, and I'd like to get to know people from everywhere too.

I want to go everywhere. I'm definitely one of those people that really wants to spend their life traveling :hmmm: At some point, I'd like to go to China and the US and a few other countries outside of Europe but right now most of my interest lies within Europe. I'd like to visit every European country... so far I've done Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Austria, Monaco, Slovakia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia and France. (and obviously the UK)
Being from the UK means everything is so cheap to get to. Flights are dirt cheap so I go on holiday quite a lot.

My next new destinations would definitely be Milan (which I'm off to in March), Rome, Madrid (hopefully going in September), Prague, Dubrovnik and Krakow (Pooley I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to Auschwitz as well. I've done Dachau and it's so... sobering)
I'd also really like to do Moscow and St Petersburg but I'm reaaaally not keen on the rest of Russia.
I basically just like going anywhere :ryan:

Just thought a bunch more places I want to see too. I wanna see the pyramids and the valley of the kings in Egypt. I always get told they're disappointing but I need to see it for myself!
I also wanna see Angkor Wat in Cambodia. I also fancy Dublin and Belfast.
The only places I really dont fancy are the middle east (though some of it DOES like beautiful, like Petra in Jordan) and south america. Never had much interest in either place :hmmm: Not too interested in Australia either, I like places with lots of historical things to see...
I probably won't leave Europe for a while yet though. In 2015, my university takes everyone on my specific stream of course (about 6 of us) to China for 3 weeks all expenses paid so that'll probably be my first out-of-Europe trip :hmmm:

Anywhere really. My main places are mostly tropical places with warm weathe. I want to say probably my top 2 picks are Hawaii and Australia though. My fiance and I are looking to go to "The Land Down Under" for a 2nd honeymoon maybe a few years down the road. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii though overall.

Africa, The Great Wall of China, the Taj Majal, Cancun...

There's so many sites and places I want to go.

Although I’ve been to Greece a number of times and I have seen different areas, there is still much more I’d like to see and revisit there. There is always so much more I can see and learn, and I know a lot more about some of the places I've already seen now than I did at the time I saw them. So I guess my primary interest is seeing these areas as I guess I’ve become something of a philhellene. I'll hopefully be going some point this year for a few days, but I'm not sure when yet.

For other places...
I'd love to see Mexico. I’m fascinated by the pre-Columbian cultures and those which had contact (to put it lightly) with the Europeans. I'd essentially like to see Mexico City, Teotihuacan, etc etc.

I'd also like to visit the Caribbean. Perhaps travel around the Bahamas, Jamaica, etc. I don't care so much about cruising or luxury, but I'd like to see the places. Though I would definitely have to be on a boat at some point, so that I can imagine myself in the 18th Century during the golden age of piracy sailing under the command of Blackbeard. Arrr!

As for the USA, I’d really like to see places such Boston and New York. I'd like to see some actual history and also visit museums, etc. I've been to the USA a couple of times in the past when I was young, but that was only ever to see Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. So I can't really say that I've seen even a small bit of 'America', as I effectively entered a bubble.

Perhaps I’d like to see San Francisco or Los Angeles too, but they are lower down on my list. Not that I’ve kept a formal list...

There are many, many, other places. I'm game to visit anywhere I get the chance to. Most places will have areas of interest, even if the locals would disagree. There is much of Europe I'd love to see also, and I've not mentioned much of Europe in my post only because that would lead on to a very long post. :argor:

I detest traveling. There are certainly places I wouldn't mind visiting; however, I can't think of a single place that I'd be willing to actually travel to in order to see. Kind of a messed up situation.

At the risk of sounding too paranoid, I no longer consider flight as a safe method of travel. Every other day you hear about another plane freezing up, losing engines, or just flat-out falling off the map. These aren't bargain bin flights in rust bucket airplanes either--they're flights out of major airliners. So I'll pass on ever getting in an airplane. I won't even get into terrorism.

Sailing is almost worst. I can't understand how people actually look forward to cruises. My idea of a good time is not being confined to a massive chunk of floating steel with thousands of other guests in the middle of nowhere at sea. It doesn't help that I'm prone to motion sickness. Personal problem there.

For me, driving is the most reasonable option. But I hate being stuck in cars for more than brief periods of time. I'm ready to be up and walking after about half an hour behind the wheel. That sort of limits my options.

So yeah. I'll pass on any long distance traveling.

Growing up I've always lived for road-trips and traveling itself. It's such a fun experience to be able to explore the unknown world around us. There is so much life and beauty and different cultures around us that we long to know. I haven't had much pleasure in going outside of the United States but I have gone to quite a few locations all throughout the states.

My first few choices would be: France, Germany, Italy and Ireland.

Mostly because that's where my bloodline strikes-- and the way I've seen on television, they're all great touring places.

My fiance and I are looking to go to "The Land Down Under" for a 2nd honeymoon maybe a few years down the road. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii though overall.

If you do come here, Melbourne (Victoria State) and the Gold Coast (Queensland State) are the best places to go in my opinion and a lot of other peoples opinions.

It's best to stick to the East side of Australia in my opinion.

The rest of Australia is a bit boring in my opinion, but it depends on what you want to do. Queensland, Gold Coast has all the awesome theme parks!
Victoria, Melbourne definitely has a lot of amazing restaurants! Eating and theme parks are my thing. >.<

And Steve and I want to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon! Anything tropical (like you said) is our thing.

We want to go to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Hawaii and I only want to go to Orlando, Florida for Disney World. >.<

Most people I know go over to Europe and what not but none of that historical/old building stuff interests me. It all seems a bit dull and lifeless and from what my family and friends have showed me of their trips to Europe it just seems boring.
I don't like to read and learn about stuff or go to museums. It's not my thing. I like to live in the present and party, drink and sit by a nice sunny beach with my fiance. :ryan:

If you do come here, Melbourne (Victoria State) and the Gold Coast (Queensland State) are the best places to go in my opinion and a lot of other peoples opinions.

It's best to stick to the East side of Australia in my opinion.

The rest of Australia is a bit boring in my opinion, but it depends on what you want to do. Queensland, Gold Coast has all the awesome theme parks!
Victoria, Melbourne definitely has a lot of amazing restaurants!

We're booking our flights and hotels soon for Australia. We have to wait until next May after she is out of classes for the year for her college. Looking to go mainly to the Sydney area, and hop arounds sotes there. Melbourne though I did hear was amazing. I've heard a lot on the Western side of the continent being a bit boring, but is there anything to go see there, sight-wise?

We're booking our flights and hotels soon for Australia. We have to wait until next May after she is out of classes for the year for her college. Looking to go mainly to the Sydney area, and hop arounds sotes there. Melbourne though I did hear was amazing. I've heard a lot on the Western side of the continent being a bit boring, but is there anything to go see there, sight-wise?

Awesome. :)

Well if you're going to go to the West side at all, Perth is where you should go.
Steve has been there before and he said it was one of his favourite cities he's visited.
He's been all around Australia. Perth in Western Australia and the Gold Coast in Queensland (South East Australia) are his favourites.

They're both pretty much the beach scene and are really laid back and relaxed.
I can't think of anything specific that anyone would go there for sight-wise though.

I think you'd be safe just sticking to the East Side of Australia. There's much more to see and way more to do. :)

I've always wanted to travel overseas and go to Japan or China for a vacation. Mainly because I love the culture and I want to learn more about Japanese and Chinese people. Not to mention I LOVE the food. And the women are just..... :inlove:
Hopefully someday I can make it over there.

We were actually talking about trying to take a trip to the UK next year if all goes well. Being able to travel is something that has always excited me. The top places I wanna be able to travel to in the next 5 or 6 years is: The UK (gotta meet Tom.. lol), Australia (east side), South Korea (that's right Kim Sang Mi, coming to stay at your place.. lol j\k) and Ireland.

I have a list of destinations, but I can't adequately explain why I would like to visit these places. While visiting sites of great historical significance is a major factor is an opportunity I would welcome with open arms (even visited somewhere as obscure as the Menin Gate in Ypres, Belgium to commemorate the 90th anniversary of WW1's end!), I think the simple desire to just go somewhere different is the main motivational factor for me. Indulge in something you have yet to and learn something firsthand.

The United States will likely be my first port of call, simply because I haven't been any further geographically west than I dunno, Wales. I'd love a road trip across the country. It's so geographically diverse from New Mexico to Montana that it would seem like a shame to restrict myself to the usual "cookie cutter" tourist locations like Disneyworld Florida or the middle of Manhattan. Let me see the real America, even if it's the middle of nowhere in Nebraska or off-season Martha's Vineyard. Hopefully I don't have to witness firsthand the more infamous side of America though.

Besides that, unimaginative me fancies a tour of Europe. The only country behind the former Iron Curtain I have visited is Hungary, and that only limited to Budapest. Past Budapest, I would like to go deeper east into Poland and maybe the Baltic States or the Balkan ones. Russia would be welcome, though I've always been apprehensive about Russia for some reason, and I've a friend who had a rather unpleasant experience in a St. Petersburg subway (sexual harassment, though of course, it's in no way exclusive to Russia) hasn't done much to instill enthusiasm. But...I don't want to let anecdotal tales of harassment and the lingering thought of a prevalent Russian social attitude towards certain minorities get in the way of enjoying a trip there to see the rehabilitated culture of a Tsarist Russia that has only been restored two decades ago.

Border hopping is fun in general! Vividly recalling the moment when I realised that I had just crossed the border from France into Belgium is still clear on my mind. It always evokes a bit of wonder to realise that you've suddenly crossed from one bit of territory with a certain shared language, history and culture into another with what can be a very different set of those very things. You barely noticed the physical border crossing, and here you suddenly are in an entirely different country with its own idiosyncracies. I'd love to dedicate like, a few days or so to each country. Start in France, then go into Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, etc.

And if people get the chance, visit Vienna. It may not be to everyone's tastes, but it's a beautiful city, with a trip to the Wiener Stadthalle (to see Beatrice Egli, admittedly xD) a personal highlight. :D

Back