Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
According to statements from Department Spokesman Capt. Rod Light, Yakima Police Officer Casey Gilette observed a “suspicious” vehicle parked outside a 24-hour car wash while on a routine 3 a.m. patrol.

After reportedly surveying the situation for one hour, Gilette decided to approach the vehicle, occupied by 23-year-old Rocendo Arias.

“Approached on foot on the driver’s side, moved around the vehicle to the passenger side of the vehicle,” Light explained to the KNDU News.

Instead of knocking on Arias’ window to further investigate the situation, Light admits the officer swung the passenger side door open without informing the driver. After noticing the disassembled gun, Gilette fired four shots, striking Arias once in the head.

“It appeared that he had some accessories to the handgun that he was trying to install on it or put pieces of this gun together,” Capt. Light said.

The airsoft gun, which shoots plastic pellets, reportedly had a bright orange plastic tip as well, used to clearly identify the item as a toy.

“I believe this particular handgun had an orange tip. But based on our investigation I don’t want to go into particulars and details of the position of the gun and where the officer was,” Light said.

Despite the toy being partially disassembled, Light appeared to defend the officer’s actions, claiming that Arias had his hand on the section containing the trigger.
“The deceased had the weapon not only in his hand, but he also had his finger on the trigger,” Light said.

According to Light, Gilette declined to be interviewed for 48 hours after the shooting, a right given to officers by the local police union contract.

Shortly after an investigation was opened by Gilette’s own department, Police Chief Dominic Rizzi Jr. spoke out in support of the officer’s actions as well.

“Based on the preliminary investigation, I absolutely stand behind the officer and his actions in the shooting that occurred,” Rizzi said.

A check of court records by the Yakima Herald revealed Arias to have no felony convictions. Gilette was placed on paid administrative leave for the duration of the investigation.
http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/24...t-details-in-deadly-officer-involved-shooting

Trigger happy cops... :pooley:

He shot before taking time to properly assess the situation, therefore making him trigger happy. He did not give the man any time at all to respond, especially since the cop waltzed up, swung open his door without making himself known, and then shot four times. I bet he didn't even have the gun in his hand and the cops are lying (which wouldn't be the first time).

"instead of knocking on Arias’ window to further investigate the situation, Light admits the officer swung the passenger side door open without informing the driver. "

Had he properly alarmed the man of his presence, he would have had the chance to inform the cop that the "partially disassembled" airsoft gun, with that bright neon orange tip at the point, wasn't a real gun. The whole point of those bright orange tips is to show that fake guns are not real.

That said, the kid was probably going to try and rob the place, but the cop reacted badly nonetheless--innocent until proven guilty, and all that.

With all the shooting in America i dunno if you can really blame the copper for shooting him deed.

Less assholes and stupid people is the only answer :pooley:

Eugenics. I like your style.

With all the shooting in America i dunno if you can really blame the copper for shooting him deed.
Given that the gun was not put together, and had a bright orange tip, I think you can blame him.
It's not like Al Powell who saw some kid with a real looking gun in his hands and shot him.

sorry, we have them on clearance at the moment

they are surprisingly popular in roles requiring responsibility

this is yet another point in the "pro" column for not allowing police to carry guns. but i'm not naive enough to think that will happen

well, just because we hear stories about fuckup dumb dickhead cops being dumb dicks doesn't mean that there aren't cops who need guns. we always hear about a cop being stupid, because stupid people shouldn't have guns period. but you know what we don't hear about with every one of these? some cop who bought a kid a meal right before he got shot to death

or the cop who rode out into the middle of town that calmly as well as professionally handled the issue of some jackass toting around an assault rifle in a public area for no other reason than to post a video of himself exercising his amendment rights to the internet like some kind of douchebag

to be honest, i dont care if it's an amendment right... i wish he would have gotten shot on account of just being a douche :monster:

Back