KHIII Multi-platform thoughts

oh please...its like you all ignore the very point i'm trying to make.

and you ignore ours too :wacky:
All I can see from your point is you don't want it on xbox... and you think that people who play it on xbox wont understand the storyline. If people buy it on xbox, it'll be because they've played previous ones and want to play this one or because they're interested in it and want to try it out. if they're 'left wanting more', maybe they'll go out and buy it for PS2 along with a PS2 (which you can pick up dirt cheap these days).

I personally don't like the KH series so am not bothered what they do with it. I just think getting bothered by the fact the new one is multi-platform is a bit silly

and putting one line doesn't sound trollish at all... :hmmm:

But the point is that even with the sub titles (which only maybe two of them actually add up to anything story wise as far as I can tell.) And the other two again... were back on ps2 7+ years ago. Why not put KHIII on the XboxOne for those that played the KH series and went to Xbox instead of staying with playstation? Your saying because the HD versions are on the PS3 that they shouldn't put it on the XboxOne because they would still need to have all the consoles, but again, they didn't announce these HD remakes until this year I think. If anyone wanted to play those spinoffs they would of gotten them by now.

that's not what i'm saying....all i'm saying is its pointless to do it. these remakes can easily make it to xbox one.

its more of a complaint that there's not much........its more of a disservice. KH is one of the series that's difficult to collect, and now that there are HD remixes that let us collect it more easily, they ecide to put it on Xbox One....while the HD remixes are on a completely different console.

So again, its not like i'm saying "I dont want it on xbox" i'm saying "put more on xbox so it can make more sense"

Settle down, please. Also, refrain from making one line posts that contribute nothing substantial to the discussion. All further posts of this nature will be deleted, and may receive infractions at the the discretion of staff.

they don't get it if i make a whole explanation. they still think i'm saying "i dont want it on xbox" which isn't the case.

i've made countless of other reasons. also the only reasoning they had is based on their own personal experience. not others in general.

Just because it's going on the Xbox doesn't mean others won't understand it. As others mentioned people can read up on it, look info up on it as well. It's not like they are completely jumping consoles here and making it Xbox exclusive now. If that were the case then yes there would be room for anger, but you have I am guessing the system intended for KH3 so why complain? It's not like it's ruining it for you by going to Xbox as well is it? This gives more people the opportunity to play as well, but you're saying they should be denied that because of the HD collection not being on it. By that same logic we should all have been denied of Final Fantasy from 7 on up. It started on the Nintendo and moved onto Super Nintendo still same company for the titles 1-6, but then when we get 7 it went to the Playstation. Clearly we should have all been ever so confused by this and know not what to do. Look at all the previous entries for KH spanned on three systems. KH 1 and 2 for the ps2 as well as the CoM remake. DDD and Re:coded, and 358/2 days on the DS, BBS on the psp. The series is all over the place all ready so adding another system in to draw in a crowd won't hurt it. Worst case scenario they pick up KH3, don't know whats going on and return it. Better cases they like it, decide to read on the previous games and one of two things happen. They just read up on it or if they don't have a ps2 they buy one and get the games. People are not gonna be made victims by it coming to the Xbox as well, stop trying to make them out to be stupid little people.

they don't get it if i make a whole explanation. they still think i'm saying "i dont want it on xbox" which isn't the case.

i've made countless of other reasons. also the only reasoning they had is based on their own personal experience. not others in general.

It was not directed solely at you. General warning for all involved in the thread. However, if you happen to have done those things, please keep my instructions in mind.

Just because it's going on the Xbox doesn't mean others won't understand it. As others mentioned people can read up on it, look info up on it as well. It's not like they are completely jumping consoles here and making it Xbox exclusive now. If that were the case then yes there would be room for anger, but you have I am guessing the system intended for KH3 so why complain? It's not like it's ruining it for you by going to Xbox as well is it? This gives more people the opportunity to play as well, but you're saying they should be denied that because of the HD collection not being on it. By that same logic we should all have been denied of Final Fantasy from 7 on up. It started on the Nintendo and moved onto Super Nintendo still same company for the titles 1-6, but then when we get 7 it went to the Playstation. Clearly we should have all been ever so confused by this and know not what to do. Look at all the previous entries for KH spanned on three systems. KH 1 and 2 for the ps2 as well as the CoM remake. DDD and Re:coded, and 358/2 days on the DS, BBS on the psp. The series is all over the place all ready so adding another system in to draw in a crowd won't hurt it. Worst case scenario they pick up KH3, don't know whats going on and return it. Better cases they like it, decide to read on the previous games and one of two things happen. They just read up on it or if they don't have a ps2 they buy one and get the games. People are not gonna be made victims by it coming to the Xbox as well, stop trying to make them out to be stupid little people.

not my point. and i'm ignoring it, because it doesn't relate to mine.

this isn't about me, this is just my thoughts on what i think about a heavily important game on the ps3.

and the problem is those who want to get invested in the entire series will do more than just "read" or "watch". as gamers, we want to play the previous games. and thats what the HD remakes allowed.

Also some fans were angry that FF moved to a different console. But then again, FF isn't a continuing story. each game is on its own.

my point still stands. Right now SED has the means to move the entire series onto Xbox with the HD remakes, and unless they announce it sometime after Kh2.5 HD Remix, i'm still going to consider this a stupid move.

A 100% solid reason that people have given a few times over is that multi-platforming KH3 will mean that more people can enjoy the game. It doesn't matter if they don't know the plot. It doesn't matter if they have played the previous ones before.

Not everyone buys games for the plot or characters, regardless of the genre. Some people, shockingly enough, buy a game for the gameplay (egad! what a concept!).

Also as some people have said, there can very easily be a summary of the previous games put onto the KH3 disc (or to download). This can be via text or cinematics. Hell, remember on KH2 when you read the KH2 logbook (may not be the actual in-game name) that told you all you needed to know about past characters and events surrounding them?

I agree with you, Razberry, that it would be a good idea for the HD Collection to be released on the XBox One too, but only so that people can experience those too. Not so that people understand the plot etc in order to play KH3.

A 100% solid reason that people have given a few times over is that multi-platforming KH3 will mean that more people can enjoy the game. It doesn't matter if they don't know the plot. It doesn't matter if they have played the previous ones before.

Not everyone buys games for the plot or characters, regardless of the genre. Some people, shockingly enough, buy a game for the gameplay (egad! what a concept!).

Also as some people have said, there can very easily be a summary of the previous games put onto the KH3 disc (or to download). This can be via text or cinematics. Hell, remember on KH2 when you read the KH2 logbook (may not be the actual in-game name) that told you all you needed to know about past characters and events surrounding them?

I agree with you, Razberry, that it would be a good idea for the HD Collection to be released on the XBox One too, but only so that people can experience those too. Not so that people understand the plot etc in order to play KH3.
and again, theres no point of bringing up that more ppl will enjoy kh3 if it was on xbox one if my point isn't against those who want to enjoy it, its the opposite.

Kingdom Hearts 2 had a short recap of KH1. and even then we missed out on some important aspects. But also the only thing that was recapped was chain of memories characters, which wasn't much.

people were still asking "why is it called organization 13 if i only count 8 members?" And for RPG and adventure games (that are sequel) they will be caring as much for the plot just as much as gameplay, and thats what RPGs tend to do. they sell the plot more than the gameplay.

but in order to fully get involved into kh3 and know every bit they reveal and how it connects to previous games, we will need recap of kh2, Birth by Sleep, Days, coded, and 3D. maybe not so much of Days and coded since they only led to 3D. but Birth by Sleep and 3D is important.

Of course the joke could be on all of us when in 4 years time this game is still in development with plans for a release in 2020 alongside ff15.

Can you imagine if Mass Effect 2 went onto PS3 when Mass Effect 1 was only on 360 and PC?

...my point being: how do we know that the HD Collections (or something similar) won't come to XBox One? Why not release KH3 for the console now and then have the HD Collections come a bit later?

We know how money hungry SE are so it's very possible.

Can you imagine if Mass Effect 2 went onto PS3 when Mass Effect 1 was only on 360 and PC?

...my point being: how do we know that the HD Collections (or something similar) won't come to XBox One? Why not release KH3 for the console now and then have the HD Collections come a bit later?

we know how many times SE made stupid decisions. for example: putting KH games onto Ds had damaged the HD collection from making a true collection. kh days and coded will be are just cinematic scenes in the remixes, yet Birth by sleep will be completely playable.

I couldn't agree with you more, actually. SE loves making their collections, so I don't see why they wouldn't make another to include KHIII, 3D, and some other title (in HD, multi-plat, etc).

Se loves making them? i'm still thinking theres some contracts involved. otherwise we could've easily seen FFX/X-2 onto xbox aswell. but i suppose thats a different story since it was originally annoucned for the vita.

either way, Se loves making their HD collections....yes....making them multiplatform? haven't seen it so far up until a series that began with a consistent multiplatform pattern (FF13)

Se loves making them?

Se loves making their HD collections....yes....making them multiplatform? haven't seen it so far up until a series that began with a consistent multiplatform pattern (FF13)
- Yes, and their plethora of ports and remakes. Whatever it takes to attract more potential fans, not lose current fans, and bring in more cash. Simple, really. (Whether they've actually succeeded or not is another discussion. Haha.)

- Who's to say that they can't start? :lew: FFXIII could well be called the first "official" one of this process, if they're heading in that direction full-on.

Let's take a look at a few multiplatform games from the FF series alone (and this is just going from one company's console to another):

- FF1
- FF2
- FF4
- FF5
- FF6
- FF7
- FF8
- FF13
- FF14

Nope, SE doesn't do multiplatforming at all. There's absolutely no chance that KH 1.5 etc will come to XBox One. Nope, not even 1%. Zilch. Nadda. Nooooooone.

- FF1
- FF2
- FF4
- FF5
- FF6
- FF7
- FF8
- FF13
- FF14
I believe 13 was the first major step for them, though. (We could add 11 to that list, too, but I digress.)

On another note, it may not be out of the realm of possibilty saying that SE is testing the "multi-plat waters" with KH. :hmmm: (I think someone mentioned this earlier.) If so, it should either fail or succeed greatly, but I realistically have my bet on the latter.

Let's take a look at a few multiplatform games from the FF series alone (and this is just going from one company's console to another):

- FF1
- FF2
- FF4
- FF5
- FF6
- FF7
- FF8
- FF13
- FF14

Nope, SE doesn't do multiplatforming at all. There's absolutely no chance that KH 1.5 etc will come to XBox One. Nope, not even 1%. Zilch. Nadda. Nooooooone.

i'm referring to their compilations and HD games. A completely remake could warrant more platforms, simply because its considered a new original game.

Not to mention, FF1-6 are the most accessible games EVER. They ported all those games as a whole.
I believe 13 was the first major step for them, though. (We could add 11 to that list, too, but I digress.)

On another note, it may not be out of the realm of possibilty saying that SE is testing the "multi-plat waters" with KH. :hmmm: (I think someone mentioned this earlier.) If so, it should either fail or succeed greatly, but I realistically have my bet on the latter.

KH3 being testing for microsoft seems stupid though. when i said it would be better to test the waters for FF15, i meant putting it on a console they know will sell well for them, before expanding.

Even if KH3 was testing water, it shouldn't be KH3 to test the waters for more games, it should be the games already recently made and introduced, such as the HD remixes.

and i shouldn't give the benefit of the doubt for SE to make a ga me and make it available for the fans (Type-0 anyone?)

The only scenario (within reason) I can envision where I'd be genuinely upset by the news of Kingdom Hearts III being on a particular console would be if it were announced as a Wii U exclusive. As long as I can play it on either the PS4 or Xbox One, it doesn't concern me which other platforms it releases on.

As a side note, I love the Wii U. I just wouldn't want to deal with whatever strange gimmicks come along with controlling Kingdom Hearts through the gamepad.

Back