Multi-platform thoughts

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Now that it's being released for both the Xbox One and Playstation 4, I'm curious to know if anyone thinks that's a good move (or not). (Or just your thoughts in general.)

To me, it's not a bad thing. It'll widen the audience that much more for those who prefer one console over the other.

I think it just benefits the company to put things on more consoles personally. Yes it widens the audience for the game and even though it could be only a couple thousand more sales in some cases (FF tends to sell more on Playstation) it's those extra thousands they wouldn't of had.

Yeah. Agreed...personally...I think they should test the waters before going multiplatform. If a series bombs then they save themselves of losing that much money. But of course, gamers can't complain. So its all a good thing.

I used to be mainly a supporter for one platform back when Sony was the only company putting FF games out on the Playstations. Now that I've been a Microsoft Xbox user the last 7 years, I'm glad they chose to be distributed multi-platform. It does give fans and gamers a chance to play their beloved series without having to go out and get a whole new system just for one game.

I'll definitely get the game when it comes out. Most likely will be for the Xbox One for me, but I'm holding off going to next gen consoles for a while.

Ah, remember the meltdown when FFXIII was announced for Xbox 360 and the internet threatened to break into Square HQ, hang the carcass of Yoichi Wada upside down and chew off strips of the skin with their bare teeth? Good days. Pretty amazing how in comparison, people just shrugged shoulders when FFXV was announced as multiplatform.

Like I've probably said a few times already, I would like to see this on PC as well. Not because I would buy it for PC, but because it's a good opportunity to expand your audience as well as business into the PC crowd as many other companies are wisely doing. PS4 and Xbox One have PC architectures. FFXV is essentially being developed on a PC architecture. No real excuse for lack of PC version.

personally, i still find it bad choice to be on xbox 360 simply because both versions were not equal. The ps3 version was a single HD disc, and the 360 had multi-disc and the graphics were lowered and i even heard some other aspects of the game were removed. when the hardware is that much of a difference and has to cut out some stuff, you might aswell not port it.

either way. i dont care if FFXV makes it into PC either, so long as it doesn't make it to Wii U.

Yeah, when the graphics have to be ever so slightly lowered, we should stop a load of 360 owners from playing FF13. It's only right, in the eyes of the Lord. I also agree that multiple discs are a nightmare...you have to sit up and everything. Spawn of Satan, I tells ya.

Seriously...chuck 'em on all consoles. The only people who may lose out are Square...no one else.

My main point was that content being removed. either way on the point of FFXV , i hope they don't put it on the Wii U merely because I've heard so much about how much content was removed from the ps3/360 ports.

What was removed, out of curiosity? It doesn't really matter, so long as it's on the packaging or not falsely advertised as being as full as the version with all content imo. At least buyers would know about it :)

several missions have been removed from the 360 version. and i remember this being an issue right when it first came out. but thats what the other forums were talking about

several missions have been removed from the 360 version.

What missions? I don't remember any missions being removed when my friend played it on his 360....

As far as I could tell the only difference was graphics, and that wasn't a big deal to me.

They announced this early enough so I don't think it will hurt them any, unlike when XIII was coming out they decided to put it on 360 later from what I remember.

Besides they are probably only going do this in America and the Pal regions, don't see them doing it in Japan at all.

i dont know which ones, but this was an issue when the game came out and some people asked what the differences were, removed missions was one of them that was listed.

i dont know which ones, but this was an issue when the game came out and some people asked what the differences were, removed missions was one of them that was listed.

I know they said they removed a lot of "overall content" that could of been made into another game, but as far as Xbox 360 only getting the removed content... I don't think so :elmo:

Also lets remember that the Xbox 360 version was announced late into developement for XIII. With XV they have announced it really early... (ok well for when they called it XV not back when it was still Versus...but that is a different story.) So the major differences should be really small. Down to maybe graphics and loading times.

im not arguing it with the xbox for ffxv. im talking about any console out there that would need to remove content. in 13s case it was xbox 360. and for the record i only heard about it through one specific rant in another foru.

so im against xv on wii u or micro console but im for it going to pc.

I believe that no matter what platform the game is released on, it should be exact to it's console counter-part. If the Sony version has this mega-boss, the Microsoft version should mirror it. I was a bit bummed out when FFX released and I saw the European fan-base getting to enjoy Dark Aeons, and I wasn't able to partake in that adventure until the Remastered version of the game released years later on the PS3.

If Square sticks with one console, I'm ok with that. Bouncing around from Nintendo Only, to Sony Exclusive, to Microsoft for a game or 2 then back to Sony... Come on... Pick one or pick all.

Now that it's being released for both the Xbox One and Playstation 4, I'm curious to know if anyone thinks that's a good move (or not). (Or just your thoughts in general.)

To me, it's not a bad thing. It'll widen the audience that much more for those who prefer one console over the other.

I think it's a good move. To port a game between two consoles that are so similar, needs very little production value, and the benefits are obvious since people rarely have both PS4 and XBOX1. However, I believe Square will also release the game for PC at a later date, when they feel sells can not go up significantly in consoles anymore. My bet is after 2-3 months of being released in consoles, they will announce it for PC, and they will even say that this is due to a lot of requests they are recieving from fans. And I will be like: oh sure... You didn't have that planed!

Since this is FFXV, at this point its necessary to be multiplatformed. But if this remained as a non-numbered title, or a spin-off i'm rpetty sure it would've remained exclusive to ps3/4

Sony clearly don't think the FF pulls as much weight as it used to and i'd have to agree with them. If FF was still a franchise worth keeping exclusive then I believe Sony could and would have.

Sony clearly don't think the FF pulls as much weight as it used to and i'd have to agree with them. If FF was still a franchise worth keeping exclusive then I believe Sony could and would have.

Sony unfortunately had to sell FF out of necessity. And with SE moving to multi-platform, Sony wasn't getting much out of it. Selling it off was good. Either way, FF is secure to release on sony products regardless.

Back