[RP] Arcane Machina: A Broken World

Izanagi

Looking for Izanami
Veteran
Gil
2140 TA, Dogma - The Capital of Vicronica and Human Society

He shuffled his business suit while studying an old text of documents finally pulled out from the Voided History. In Dogma, The Capital of The Vicronica Central Continent and where Humanity lies, a broken mind has taken seat in the most possible place where power is infinite and where every soul human or Arcane Gifted is in his hands. At least that is what President Marko Tyler had come to think himself be. With The Vicronican Military at his Left and The Vicronican Security Council on his right, his resources is grandiose, as well as the dark secret hiding behind the grin and active red eyes.

After promising on his final year of term that Humanity and Gifted alike will be acknowledged as equals, he has finally come close to finding the answer. The Answer lies with the study of Wyndian's Sky Isle, a summoning that allegedly brought a winged race from 3 millenia and a mighty Dynasty ruled by the Xanadu that had vanished. Marko smacked his lips as he skimmed pages after pages with deep interest in their culture, seeking the what he had been looking for by using Humanity as his tools.

To his frustration, Marko shifted the holographic files away in frustration and with an growling pout, turned to the Archives dating back 5 millennial with what The Council has recorded. All the power that every human and Gifted wanted in his person, and to be shamefully shut out due to lack of information and the person needed. What he needed was a Wyndian, unfortunately the Vicronican Security Council saw to most of their captive Wyndian's demises shortly before he took office after the mysterious disappearance of his predecessor. He was but a Senator at this time, and one false move from the last human president.

It's so amazing and hilarious how Humans can be so gullible with whom they trust their lives with, he cackled.

Right under their nose, and the one who still stands to grind them down to obedience, was in fact another Arcane Gifted so well disguised that he even made President of Dogma, The Capital of Vicronica.

"Found you… My sweet Wyndian and…Ohhh what have we here along with her? Interesting...!" Marko smacked in a very cold and quiet tone as he shuffled to the most recent files on their Log. The recent entry being Shendra, Prisoner Number 012988, having been betrayed by her own comrades due to the high bounty sanctioned by him almost 6 months after he took office and a Chimera experiment simply dubbed Experiment Number 041591 with his name expunged, almost all of Shendra's data and The Chimera Experiment's life and data have been redacted by the VSC. Marko stood baffled that she was yet alive; no doubt The VSC was keen on keeping her rather than openly giving her to him. And a large portion of her file was expunged and redacted, especially her link to Wyndians and to The Xanadu dynasty. The Chimera Experiment could also be a key in his plan to study and understand the Arcane cracks that has been cursing Humanity for so long.

Extracting Shendra's files and all Wyndian data from the VSC Cloud Server plus The Chimera's research data that was of value, he stored them in his personal Cloud Server before in deep mania, summoned a conference call with him and The VSC. At the earliest point of the morning, before the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] moon was about to set, and an hour of collecting all members of the board, the red acted conference call commenced.

"A Wonderful and pleasant morning to all of you, My entrusted Peace Keeping committee! Let the war meeting...Begin!!" Marko greeted with a booming voice. To the VSC leaders, he was very unstable as his term progressed. It was no wonder they distrusted him, now he was threatening them, they could feel his fury burning underneath that otherworldly grin.

"Yes, Lord President," they all greeted, some with noticeable grogginess. "What brings an urgent Code Red conference call?" Few knew of the Code Red Conference Call, and was only used at times of an imminent war.

He simply smiled before shaking his fingers at them, as if scolding children.

"Tut Tut Tut. You all have been hiding something from me, I understand," he said.

Everyone remained silent, he was betting on them to cut the call and brand them traitors or slap a treason charge on everyone of them. His smile faded into a twisted malevolent look as Marko glared at all of them.

"We do not understand, Lord President," one of them spoke out. Marko's nose flared in fury as he began yelling.

"Because I am really disappointed with how my term has gone for 3 god damned years and none of you ever spoke of hiding a fucking Wyndian under my nose! Not to mention an existing experimental Chimera prototype!" He yelled at his head of securities, who kept such vital information from him for so long. The silence between his wrath and their secrecy was very long before the head of the VSC spoke out.

"…I apologize in advanced that this upsets your campaign, Lord President. Shendra and The Experiment are prisoners and individuals who pose a threat to Humanity. We are still at war with our former people as you may know," he spoke out.

Marko merely gaped his jaw at the ever so professionalism his colleagues and subordinates were putting up. It sickened him, the way they sucked up to his power. And when it came to the end of the stick, they stiffed their lips and cower.

"You are all a bunch of cock-ups, you know that? Bring both of them over to me or consider your resignations and warrant of arrest of high treason issued in the next hour!" Marko yelled before closing the call on all their faces. With Shendra and the Chimera added to his own personal accordance, he can have his own research facilities in Dogma piece together her body along with his and if possible, force her to invoke her ritual. A ritual which he had been studying all his life as he rose through political office.

Turning on his holographic desktop once more, a mass update on the approval codes for transporting Shendra and The Chimera to Dogma's facilities was erupting like crazy at The Presidential server. His anger slowly formed into a twisted smile as his plans have finally come to motion: The extinction of Humans.

"Vicronican War Front Report! Ralph Faiz and Faiz Industries' stocks continue to Soar for the Left Wing committee as he boldly confronted Dogma's policy in halting advancement to the Oriental Frontiers! An unprecedented attack shakes the Southwest regions today as Arcane gifted and Wild outbreaks of cracks continue to plague the populace! President Marko Tyler issues a cease fire but the Last Faiz has been undeterred! More to come in VNN's Breaking News!"

It was another day, another fight. Arcanes, or as the humans dreadfully call them " Magums " were causing all this madness for about a century now. It was his deep seated hatred for them, for what they did to his family, is what drove him to his own personal war. But today, it was time to take a break and see his only legal guardian residing at the calmest countryside of where she would always remain so.

She was the only Gifted that he won't call Magum, she would hide it from him despite his distaste for her kind but he would never hurt her for it was she who cared for him when his brother snapped and when everything went to hell for the Faiz family. She stood the test of time more than his mother or father for him, and he still feels that he didn't measure up to be the man all of them were hoping he would be. But a Trillionaire Industrialist had its perks, the least he could afford to the one who saw him rise was a wonderful Chateau with the state of the art Faiz Server installed as well as his latest Android modules serving her and back up copies of his Ragnum suits functioning as Sentinels. Not to mention the one subject she was studying for years since he picked it up, one who was with him in the suit as he was returning home from war.

"How's Aunt Mimi doing, Elise?" Ralph asked. For some reason, her request to see him was more urgent than usual. She does not condone his method of striking back against his fellow humans or the Arcane gifted and he was still struggling to come to terms. The pain was still fresh, despite it being since he was 8 years old and when Marko left after he accused Aunt Mimi for being one of them and killing their parents.

"She appears to be holding well, Ralph. I'll tell her you'll be home soon...She appears to be quite distressed by something," a female voice responded through his HUD.

"I'll be there soon. She's probably pissed off at the news again. Clock it at Mach 3 and keep me steady girl, we're looking at clear skies today so nothing too fancy," Ralph said while addressing his suit and Elise to caliberate the distance and speed needed to head to Dusk Shallows, home of his only family.

"Setting a flight plan for Dusk Shallows, Ralph, Madame Mitula has breakfast in hand for you," she said.

His suit's metal coating heated up and gained momentum, to boost his speed. A sound crack occurred as he flew at higher speeds to reach his destination, while gazing at the sceneries ahead as his suit zoomed past the remarkable sky, overlooking another piece of land, a former Calm Area now saturated with Arcane radiation. Everything around him was broken and at its peak, wherever he flew in this industrialized suit. Animals that were known to science had morphed into monsters; humans exposed to Arcane cracks became…things such as Lamias, Merfolk, Fae, and countless unknown races that were blacked out from centuries that Dogma had banned from studying. Now the planet herself was fighting back and turning man against each other, he thought as his suit continued its speedy course as the rising sun was peeking from his back.

"Sweep by," Ralph said as his suit followed command and swooped by the Ocean side, cool water splashing against his suit as his speed decreased with his imminent arrival at the wondrous coast of Dusk Shallows, The sun has long left Ralph's back and has yet to greet the Chataeu. He picked up speeds and zoomed by the rocky side and the suit rose to the height of the mountain side, where his customized landing pad for his Ragnum suits was built. A loud thick thud of his suit greeted the marble and golden floors of the pad.

"Welcome home, Ralph," Elise's hologram greeted him at the pad before vanishing to within the Chateau. With a nod from Ralph, the majestically armoured man walked down the complex pad as his suit began to disassemble, its bolts loosened while systematically being picked out by cybernetic hands and being decontaminated below for any Arcane leaks. Piece by Piece, the armour gave away as it stored itself before it revealed a young man in casual wears, a plain blue shirt and greed polo attached with khaki shorts and slippers walking into the Chateau. He had green eyes and long slicked black hair that was spikey at some edges. He had a very stern look at his face.

Androids paved the door open for this green eyed and black haired young man as he strode the marble floors of the wondrous Chateau to greet his legal guardian within.

"Aunt Mitula! I'm here! What's going on?" Ralph called out at the entrance as Androids rushed to groom him before her presence, hoping to wonder what urgency summoned him from the war front.

Last edited:
Even with the mechanized droids bustling about to keep everything tidy and dust-free, the chateau's living resident could never find it in herself to simply sit back and let everything be done for her. Mitula Sawyer was busying herself in the kitchen, slicing fresh blood oranges harvested mere minutes ago from a couple trees in her personal garden. The fruit halves were being manually juiced for the sake of serving as the meal's citrus beverage while a kettle for tea was nearly coming to a boil. Just as the pitcher was finally filled, a pair of quiet beeps coming from the center of the room caught Mitula's attention.

The ring-shaped light fixture in the center of the kitchen also held a console in the center of the device. After another pair of beeps, console flickered to life, bringing up a holographic monitor and giving Mitula a visual alert of the chateau's guest. The camera seemed to follow Ralph's movements as he approached the main entrance from the docking bay, keeping center focus on him. His voice was also picked up on the camera and his message relayed through the console's tiny speaker.

Mitula couldn't help but sigh in relief. With a warm smile and a welcoming voice, she replied, "Breakfast first, dear. Come along, into the dining hall." She knew full well her message would be relayed back to Ralph in a similar manner.

The kettle shrieked and was quickly taken off of the stove and the hot water was transferred into a ceramic pot with an infuser already filled with a vanilla chai blend. Both beverages would be the last thing added to the spread that Mitula had prepared; corned beef with hash, scrambled eggs and cheese, quarter slices of more blood orange, a small pile of bacon, and simple condiments for both the meal and the tea. Her own seat was at the head of the table, whereas her guest's place setting would be to her right.

At last, Mitula removed her apron and handed it off to one of many droids buzzing around. She appeared to be a woman nearing her mid-thirties, with pale skin and a thin build thanks to constantly moving about. Although she takes comfort in simple pleasures, she favored frilly, flowing dresses with multiple layers. Today, she wore a lavender-colored summer dress that seemed to swish about with every step. However, due to being one of the Gifted, her eyes were yellow instead of any normal tone and her long hair had shifted to a dark green tone some time ago.

When Ralph entered at last, Miss Sawyer greeted him with open arms, always expecting a hug from those she deems close enough to be family. "Thank you for coming on such short notice," she smiled.

Ralph hugged her deeply and gave her a proud salute. "Always a pleasure, no war and no vile Arcane can stop me from visiting, Aunt," Ralph chided and smiled as he took his seat. The smell was very inviting, and it pleased him that such a decent breakfast before Dawn was welcoming him. Despite the protein bars sustaining him for his daily battles at the war zones and clearing hostile Arcane Gifteds, it was a sight for sore eyes to see a wondrous meal being prepared for him.

"Elise told me that you felt something, a premonition of sorts. Hehehe! This kinda of remind me of the old times with dad," he smiled warmly like a little boy talking to his elder, in his field of work back in the city, this would be highly laughed at that a cold steel hearted Ralph Faiz warming up to an Arcane Gifted. "But enough Nostalgia. Aunt, what's been troubling you? " He said as he sat down and began to meticulously take some bacon and egg. A snap of his finger signaled Elise to have Mitula's Androids serve him beverages, Ralph picked black coffee and gorged on it while looking on intently.

"Thanks, Elise," Ralph nodded to the holographic AI.

Elise nodded and joined Mitula side by side, it has been too long since she and the others have gathered for a small time pass together. She would always entertain both of course, through Ralph's suit and as head of Mitula's Chataeu service. It was almost like yesterday when she was activated, with no memory of how she came to be, other than Ralph finding a disc with her programming and the name "Elise Winters" marked upon it.

Despite his rash nature, she knew Ralph to be a good man. Mitula told her already about their broken lives, how his brother went missing, and how he developed a certain fear for the Gifted that was not his Aunt. Elise also warmed up to the Madame, having been speaking with her constantly about her origins and how her name ended with her. On the spiritual side, she could be a lost soul or fragment of Elise Winters. Ralph theorizes she is a back up consciousness copy of the host, but that was yet proven.

All she knew was that she was here, alive somehow, living in a wondrous world rife with magic and dangerous technology from all sides and these two who needed each other, as much as she needs them, are finally reunited again. It felt like Family, the one thing she had been seeking. She truly felt she was different from a standard AI, and believed Mitula's words that she could be a soul trapped in a machine or in cyber space of the unknown.

She snapped out of her brief daydream as she saw Ralph eagerly awaiting Mitula's words.

Gladly letting her guest sit first and take his share, Mitula took her seat at the head of the table. Despite her hospitality, her smile faded almost as quickly as the food disappeared.

"Even after all of these years, I don't believe I've spoken much about my kin, have I Ralph?" she began, stirring cream into her tea. "I may not have children of my own, but my elder sister has had several. Among the... surviving members, is my niece."

Miss Sawyer sat back, her fingers folding together. She hardly ate much of anything as she went on. "You may have heard of her. Her name was Shenorai Eterna, one of the mercenaries from that guild over in Crysta. Made quite a name for herself over there. Unfortunately, one of those names is The Red Reaper, thanks to her infamy toward the criminals she hunted down.

"I'm afraid my recent Visions have circled around her," she frowned. "I know she has Awakened in the past year or so and was hunted down because of it. One of her former guild mates turned her in several months ago. Since then, she had been kept under tight security in one of the labs in Korma. That is, until now."

Mitula sighed before looking at Ralph dead in the eye. "If what I understand is correct, Marko himself has taken interest in her and another unfortunate soul. I wouldn't want to risk putting you in harm's way and I know how you feel about us Gifted, but Shen is still family, Ralph. Elise, please bring up Document 307."

With quiet whirrs, another hologram appeared over the table. A map showing a marked trail between Korma and Dogma flickered into focus. It looked like a fairly straight path between the cities, ignoring the major roads and highways. Mitula still maintained her gaze upon Ralph.

"Shen and this... other person are both being moved from Korma to a lab somewhere in Dogma. Considering the measures they have taken to keep Shen contained, it's likely that a convoy will be used for her transfer. I do not know what plans Marko has in store for the two of them, but it is certainly not benign. Shen is already in constant pain from whatever they have been doing to her in that god-forsaken lab. Every vision that crosses my mind, I feel her suffering, Ralph. I don't know how she is able to endure such mind-numbing pain every day, but she needs to get out of there soon. This may be her only chance at freedom. Hers and that other poor soul."

With another sigh, Mitula finally tore away to look up at the document. "I shouldn't ask this of you, but I cannot trust anyone else with such a task. Would you be able to bring them here?"

~~~~~
Child
~~~~~

10 hours prior

Hurry, get the stuff packed up! Hustle!

People rushed back and forth, sweeping parts and items into boxes and unceremoniously dumped into the back of flatbed trucks and vans. This much commotion at the slum warehouses district at that time of the night was quite suspicious, but they obviously didn't care. To them, clearing out and leaving without any trace was their priority. Amongst the six people there, the lady in the middle barked orders at all the others. She was quite composed, if not aggressive, but the others were, in essence, soiling themselves.

We don't have all night! Leave the bigger things. We'll just destroy it when we leave.

Marko was definitely diabolic
al and evil, if not mad. There was something in her guts that told Andrea that his smile felt extremely maniacal. Of course, she had no proof, but when has that ever stopped conspiracy theorists? The others were merely just filling up their time, but Andrea has been following every slightly high profile deaths and compared them for similarities. What popped up was a small common pattern in which several cases had similar circumstances where the victims had been cut up cleanly or shot professionally and had the every sign of a serial killer. Yet the media and the police had made zero progress with the cases. It stank of government intervention, therefore, a possible government sanctioned assassination. Her group even went as far as to recruit some of the best hackers on the scene as well as sneak into precints to gather information on these cases before they were covered up. What solidified it for her was that through her network, Andrea heard that there were a few people poking around for her. Call it paranoid, but she didnt want to take the risk.

Andrea! We're done! We can light the fire soon!

Good. Quick double check and then let's jet.

As the others began to quickly check on their final reparation, Andrea spotted a small figure in a tattered cloak shambling about from a corner. At first, Andrea was suspicious, but then, they were in the slums. Many orphans took shelters in these warehouses at night and this child was small. It was probably an orphan that got startled by their noise. Sighing deeply, Andrea jogged up to the small figure and laid a hand on the shoulder.

Hey, kid. Sorry for waking you up, but its gonna get dangerous here. If you know whats good for you, you better scram.

The kid didn't reply, so Andrea began shaking their shoulder. Perhaps the kid was mute or deaf?

Hey, do. you. understand. me?

Yes... for you...

The timing couldnt be more coincidental as the hood slid off the kids head and what met Andrea was a young, angelic face with a pair of mismatched cybernetic eyes staring straight into her own. What the girl whispered confused her for a second, but then Andrea connected the dot. Those cybernetic eyes were extremely advanced. Military, high grade advanced. The bar code plastered over her eye and the timing of her appearance confirmed that this was what she was trying to run from. "It was disgusting" was the only thing she could think as the girl quick drew and gutted her stomach. "To do this and use such a young girl...."

The blood from the target splattered over the ragged sheet that covered over Child. She was dead. Her wound stretched from one side of her side to the other, spilling her guts. By the time she hit the floor, the target at most had a minute to live. Time to move to the remaining nine targets inside the warehouse. They weren't part of the mission, but they were within the AO and were witnesses. They had to be dealt with. Child grabbed Target 01 by the shirt and flung the now-limp body to the side. The impact against the wall made a sick splat before she made another splat when she hit the ground. That grabbed everyone else's attention. In one motion, Child threw off her cloak towards the targets, obscuring their view. From behind the cover, two bayonets came flying through and punched down to the hilt the next two closest target.

Three... down...

As the remaining targets begin to run, Child, with all her cybernetic implants, dashed forward, yanked the two bayonets from the falling bodies before jumping up and lunging down and impaling another. Two remained and were making their way to the door. She could use her guns, but ballistic marks should she miss are evidence that are harder to clean up. Effortlessly, Child using her forward momentum and the dead body as a spring board, launched herself in a high arc and landing her right next to them. With a single motion, Child sliced low, severing the left target's Achilles Heel, following along with the swing and decapitating the right target's head before he got out of range before continuing and stabbing the left target again through the back and through the heart. All in all, all targets accounted for within thirty seconds

Mission objective accomplished...

Her comms started up and a robotic female voice came through.

Affirmative. All thermal signatures have been accounted for. Well done. Extraction vehicle is now outside. As always, leave the clean up to the aftertakers.

Child's heart warmed and a small smile curled up at the "well done", but wordlessly walked out and jumped onto the blackened van that was waiting outside.

Child, when we get back, have the doctors give you a quick check up, clean up and then get some rest.

Yes, Sieghilde...

As usual, Child stared blankly through the tinted windows, taking every second of scenery into her memory. It was only to and from missions did she ever get a chance to see the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Briefing

Child stood motionlessly as the Council began briefing her on the next mission.

Nocturne, you are tasked with escort duty. The president has tasked us with transporting two prisoners from Korma into Dogma. These are extremely high risk individuals and this is a directive from the top. Therefore, you are to be prepared for the worst possible outcome. If you need to act, then the situation is already at its worst. Sieghilde will fill you in and prepare you for the rest.

Their tone was as cold and terse as always, though it was what Child has come to terms with. Silently, she turned on the spot as the holograms phased out and marched out of the sliding doors and went straight to the armoury. Outside, Sieghilde met up and walked with her.

As the Council said, we need to be armed with the worst in mind. Therefore, you should be equipped with the full mask, the combat katana, M12 and overload with the Mattock and the UTAS. Speed isnt particularly important, so we can afford to make you carry a bit more than usual.

Nodding silently in compliance, Child let the technicians run a final adjustment on her equipment, let them arm her before Sieghilde took a Pelican dropship and dropped her and another agent off at Korma to meet up with the convoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Convoy

The armoured truck rocked ever so slightly as the convoy made its way towards Dogma. Like what the Council said, she should not be required to go into action unless the situation was at its most dire. She herself was stationed inside the second truck, in the container with the target. Through her visor, Child could see that it was an adult female with wings. She has seen the dossiers and had read up on them, but to see one up close and alive was something else. Usually for Child, they were just before she killed them or through data files and dossiers. The mission gave her more time to ponder. Her "brother", agent Garow in the other van, seemed paarticularly hostile to her. He was curt, rought and his disdain wasn't hard to discern. They were all working together for the good of the family, so she couldn't understand why.

Child, your mental vitals are jumping quite a bit. Concentrate. You are on a mission. We need you to be at your best, mkay?

Sorry Sieghilde...

Up above in a surveillance dropship, Sieghilde worried at Child's vitals. The girl was obviously fretting over the passive aggressive greeting between agent Garow and Child. It couldn't be helped. After all, none of the other agents has ever been given the investment that Child has been given. So many of his friends has died and the Council didn't bat an eye, yet this girl gets some preferential treatment. It was an irrational hatred, but he didnt care. She was barely what he would consider alive, given how much of her was machine. To him, she was a freak and a corpse and he felt disgusted that he be put together with her. Sieghilde will have to report this hostility to the Council and make sure that appropriate actions are taken against agent Garow as his actions threaten her charge's stability and mindset.

It is okay. Just keep yourself in relaxed, but alert state? It is pretty routine and we haven't heard of anythng that should threaten the convoy. The comms are clear as the surrounding area scans, so keep cool and level headed.

Yes Sieghilde....Sorry Sieghilde...

Child kept her eyes straight on the target and blanked her mind. Just complete the mission and leave thinking when she is back at B10. It was difficult. She has rarely ever done missions which require her to wait. It was always Child making the first move and it always ended quickly and efficiently. Each minute felt like hours as she stared blankly at the bounded target right in front of her.

Ralph listened to his Aunt's explanations, He nodded to each one with intent and his eyes widened at the idea of her having a niece. She looked a little too young to even have a niece, and was surprised that she had siblings. He only remembered her speaking vaguely about her family back then, and it was nice to hear of her opening up to him at least. It showed that he was trusted enough to learn of this information from her directly rather than finding out the hard way.

His heart fell when he found out that it was actually Shenorai Eterna, a former gun for hire for a guild in an Arcane Gifted settlement known as Crysta wherein the populace had more Gifted and humans alike. Last he heard, Shenorai had been cursed by an Arcane fault and was missing after sometime. Aunt Mitula's ability to detect her presence now, is a clear indication that Shenorai is now an Arcane Gifted. From the miserable tone in his Aunt's voice, he felt empathy yet doubt if he could actually convince an Arcane to come with a human. One issue remained however, and he voiced it out.

"I can't believe you withheld that information from me till now, Aunt. You do realize her guild and I often war with each other right? Who knows what I could have done to her without knowing your relation!" Ralph said as his voice became sharp. He had to show his anger, for he did not want to hurt her feelings by spilling a blood relative's life on his hands. " Everyday is a battle, and everyday I am forced to end lives of Gifted not because of how I fear them, but how they're a threat to some of us. It's an imperfect world, but I'm not letting my phobia of Gifted push my focus aside for your family," he said tersely at her patronizing tone for his phobia, still the age old trauma of a Lamia-category gifted forming from his parent's former killer was fresh in his head. He looked to the side as Elise stared at the both of them from the sides; the atmosphere was tense between him and her.

After a moment of collecting himself from talking about how his parents died, Ralph gave a sigh. Another name popped up that has sought his interest: Marko. So he has now decided to show his ugly head. What a twisted fate they all were tied to, could he perhaps know of Shenorai's relation towards Mitula?

"If what you say is true and Marko is involved, then I am interested. At least I'm aware now of my target. I suppose the latest Ragnum line, 251 will be put to good use for this. It's just been constructed back at the lab and I've been aching to take it for a spin," he said with a reluctant gaze yet an assuring smile swept across his face for her, not willing to speak about his phobia on the Arcane.

Ralph studied the convoy's pathway and pulled up a holographic copy of it and deposited it to his glasses for uploading into a stored Model 251 Ragnum within the Chateau.

"It does look simple but its quite suspicious to me that the Vicronican Security Council lacks air support with such important cargo. But with Marko, it's not simple. It never is…I'm sure he has something hidden if he wanted to bring your niece and this other person to The Dogma on a mediocre level security vehicle. I'm not sure if they're able to fight, but in this case, I'm asking if you can deploy my Ragnum models from the city. I've given you the access codes, Aunt. Deploy them after 15 minutes of my leaving this place. You can keep track of my progress with Elise, she has eyes and ears attached to all the models," he told her, as he transferred a folder dubbed "Ragnum Protocol codes" towards her private server.

Looking at her sigh, he approached her and held her hand.

"Aunt…If it wasn't for you, I'd be in the same path as Marko: A few screws loose. Sure I still need work on my issues with Arcanes, but I won't let you down. I'll bring her back, I promise," he smiled at her and kissed her hand. Elise transferred Document 307 and uploaded it to the Ragnum Model 251. The armour was already at the arrival pad, ready to be piloted.

Ralph took a last strip of bacon and waved at Mitula. "One thing I'm afraid of though, is that she can probably kill me without knowing I'm there to help. I sure hope you have the power to send her a telepathic message of sort," Ralph sighed in wishful thinking that his Aunt's powers can grant omniscient telepathy. With another sheepish grin, he left her sight. Touching a simple button on his glasses, the docking bay's mechanical wonderland began to reassemble around him as he ascended the steps to the docking bay overlooking the cliffs.

Metal braces latched on softly as it suited his foot first, this time with a sleeker black metal as it covered his shins. Suiting procedure further progressed into adding advanced metal bracings and encasing his thighs with the same black metal, A pair of metallic hands ascended from the hidden armoury below to suit him with Ragnum gauntlets and metallic frames wrapped itself around his chest to finally add the last few pieces of the model 251.

The helmet came last as it was an elongated, crafted helmet that sealed Ralph's face in, before it suited the armor with the same metallic long coat most of his Ragnum models are known for. Arriving at the top and fully suited, Ralph called for a holographic node to reopen the map of Document 307 for Ralph to add possible attack points and theoretically hidden blind spots Marko and the VSC may have hidden along. How Aunt came across such a document was surprising, but no doubt it had Elise's assistance in hacking into the VSC mainframe to acquire such a data.

After marking it and testing for any irregular flight patterns at the airspace surrounding him, Ralph placed his arms down.

"Let's see what you've got," he said. The suit booted up and like a miniaturized rocket, Ralph flew up into the sky and with blinding speed, darted into the morning skies for his intended direction towards the Korma Freeway, where the convoy was no doubt travelling before the early morning rush would commence.

Marko had left the senate meeting after proposing the commissioned laboratory of Dogma to accept Shenorai and The Experiment. It was a bold and controversial move, having to actually remove the both of them from the VSC for his own ends, soon the only existing Wyndian specimen would be in his hands while The Experiment holding almost all the possible genetic composition of any Arcane Gifted will be open for him to begin the final stages of his plan. He entered his private office and was greeted by a conference call yet again by heads of the VSC.

"Was it wise to let the convoy use the free way, Lord President? That’s almost 2 miles of possible attacks by Arcane gifted and human supporters or even terrorists," they argued. It was not about the security, he already had his means of unexpectedly preparing for the worse and secretly commissioned a ghost strike team to trail the convoy should their incompetent agents fail the mission. He was luring something, for he knew that another Wyndian or possibly an Arcane Gifted with enough power to help the poor duo on their way right unto his arms for further experimentation. It's all about his ability to simply do things and hope for the best, even if it meant packing a small platoon to shoot anything down within a mile radius of attempting to breach the group and Ragnum pilots arriving for aerial support. It saves him the budget than hiring a jet to watch their asses all the time.

"Precisely why I made it as such," Marko grinned. "I hope you have the best at that vehicle because I ain't tolerating failure," Marko said.

"Excuse me, Lord President?" they asked. Without another word, he disconnected the call. They severely underestimate his crazy potential to prepare and counteract any possible attacks and even a potential sneak attack by Shenorai's former allies. They may have betrayed her, but it was an opportunity to win regardless of the outcome. If they fail, there would be more prisoners to make examples if they succeed, that leaves Shenorai alive long enough for her to regain her strength and pluck her back into his arms for her secrets to the ritual that he had been preparing for.

Last edited:
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Sounds. They echoed through the fluid in the tank, reaching the young man floating there an instant later. The tapping against the glass was deafening to his highly sensitive hearing but there was nothing he could do by float there. Through his closed eyes he could see the fuzzy outline of whoever it was outside looking at him again for what had to be the twentieth time.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The tapping. Again it echoed through the tank and still he could not move. Oh but he wanted to - he wanted to kill this man. Always with the banging on the glass like he was some sort of animal. So what if he had wings? He was better than the groundfags who were trapped upon the land. He tried once more to desperately move his fingers, to summon his power and again it failed.

Comatose. That was the word they used. It was supposed to completely knock out his conscious mind as well as his body but here he was, still thinking, still feeling. He wasn't numb though - the needles in his arms shifted ever so slightly with every bump. No. He wouldn't let this man's heart just explode in his chest. He would destroy everything else before killing him, letting the blood surge back inside to burst from somewhere else. This one would be a long time in dying.

Zephyr. That was who he was. Not this Lyserg they kept calling him. Not Experiment this or Experiment that. He was someone like them. Better than they, but still someone. He wasn't a playtoy. He was made to fly in the skies - they were his home.

His wings. The beautiful wings he had, cooped up by this insufferable tank. Oh, how he wanted to stretch them. He wanted the wind in his feathers once more. But there was something to do even before that. He had to die. Yes, the tapping man was going to die.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Soon. Soon, he would kill them all. The scientists. The technicians. This man. He wasn't a playtoy, oh no. He was god of the skies. How dare they imprison him in this liquid. How dare they take away his freedom. He tried again to move but it was still in vain.

Blood. So sweet, so beautiful. Oh he would enjoy seeing it run down this man's body. The rivers of the world would run red by the time he was done. There would be no hiding from his wrath. They were his playtoys, his little dolls. He could make this dance, make them injure themselves, even kill themselves. And the taste. Oh how he missed it. Just the barest hint but he wanted more. He would kill for it. Over and over again. He would do so happily.

Death. There would be much. And all it took was time. Time to let them become complacent. To let him free. All someone had to do was fuck up. Then...

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Mitula kept a stone face as Ralph prattled on about potentially harming her kin or worse. Yet she knew how her niece worked out on the field. If there was any possible contact between Shenorai and Faiz Industries, it would only have been in the event of defending the guild itself. With what little communication Mitula kept with Shen, she understood that her niece's line of work primarily focused upon termination of high-profile criminals. Unless President Tyler had anything to say about it, Ralph certainly wouldn't have fallen under that category. Mitula was confident that neither of them would have confronted each other, and thus kept tight-lipped about Shenorai's existence.

Yet despite his reluctance, Ralph's acceptance brought a smile of relief. "Thank you so much, Ralph. Shen may be stubborn when you encounter her, but she must be brought home safely. Please be careful out there, dear."

Keeping her seat, Mitula allowed Ralph to excuse himself from the table. At long last, she took a long sip of her tea as he slipped out of sight. The monitor showed Ralph suiting up and taking off, keeping focus on him until he left the camera's line of sight. Mitula set her cup back down and leaned back in her seat, her gaze unfocused as she stared at the space beyond the hologram.

"To think I nearly lost hope for her. You'll fly again soon, Milady," she muttered.

-=========================-

Pain. Constant, throbbing pain. Even while seated, searing pain constantly shot all throughout the arms and backside of Prisoner 012988. Really, the agony was one of only few reasons for her compliance to board this damned rocking vessel in the first place. She could barely concentrate on much else other than forcing her legs to function when commanded to. It was enough for her apparent keeper to work with and more than enough to keep the prisoner from getting uppity throughout the trip.

Although the means of keeping her bound seemed secure and possibly untrustworthy at first glance, her bindings had been specially designed to take advantage over her anomalies. Her forearms were uncomfortably locked together behind her thanks to a pair of electromagnetic shackles that snapped over her forearms and hands, keeping her fists clenched tightly together and her arms locked behind her back. That alone was enough to cut off circulation, send that painful pins-and-needles sensation throughout her veins, and cause her shoulders and elbows to stiffen. Yet what made these shackles worse for the prisoner were the fact that they were tethered to a pair of metal bindings that kept those shimmering, golden wings upon her back from being utilized. The outside of such bindings appeared smooth, but small barbs lined the inside of the bonds and sunk into the feathered anomalies. Just the slightest jarring bump from the constantly moving transport vehicle caused her to unwittingly tug on her own bindings, tear just a little more into her flesh and overload her nerves.

The prisoner had no idea just how long this trip was going to take. How long she would have to put up with this nauseating pain. All she knew was that she was going to Dogma, for she overheard her wardens talking before they rounded her up. Joked that the 'president wants his golden goose' and such nonsense. The term, 'Magum' may have meant nothing to her, but being called a 'golden goose' always ruffled her feathers. She could not help the color of her wings, nor did she like the idea of her possibly being turned into a tool of profit for President Tyler. All the nightmares from fairy tales may have been springing to life in this strange world thanks to the fissures, but she didn't appreciate being referred to as a pet belonging to a sky giant.

With her teeth clenched together to help ignore some of the pain and take her mind off of the insults, the winged woman's amethyst eyes finally began to wander about the room she had been stuffed in. Her guard was oddly smaller than herself. A bit unusual, considering her guards back in that Korma lab were generally larger in case of a 'violent outburst'. Typically, larger and stronger hands were needed to keep the prisoner under control.

The guard seemed to be staring back at the winged woman. Or at least, that's what it felt like. The prisoner could feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. Even after she had Awakened, there were some instincts that she simply couldn't shake. The woman finally averted her gaze back to the floor. There wasn't much else for her to do other than ponder her fate once she is presented to the president like some prized turkey, primed for roasting.

-=========================-

There may not have been much left of breakfast, but Mitula had finished off the food regardless. Normally, she would take care of the dishes herself. However, she had her end of the task to carry out yet. Let the droids worry about the chores for now. It was nearing the fifteen minute mark since Ralph's departure. She knew well the dear boy wouldn't let her down, and thus she wouldn't let him down either.

With swift movements and light touches, Mitula accessed her home's control panel, logging in to one of many hidden programs and directories. One such program brought her to one of many remote consoles kept secret from most of the higher-ups in Faiz Industries. The access codes she had been given were swiftly punched in.

At first, Mitula had her doubts about sending out these suits. For one, the models Ralph requested were not built with the female anatomy in mind. Secondly, if what she had Seen is right, such suits would not be able to accommodate for Shen's anomalies. Regardless, the suits were launched and Elise was left in control of their auto-pilot functions. Mitula then logged back out of the Faiz server, deleting any trace of her presence and cleaning up after herself.

After a pause, Mitula calmly called to Miss Winters' AI. "Elise, please patch me through to Ralph."

Once more, the holographic monitor flickered to life and showed a summary of Ralph's vitals, location, and his helmet cam. Mitula waited a moment for the system to fully connect before speaking once more.

"Ralph, once you find Shen, she is very likely going to be distrusting of you thanks to your news-worthy actions toward the Gifted. If she gives you a hard time, give her this message, word for word." A pause. "'The Watcher summons you to her haven, Milady.'" A small smile formed on Mitula's lips. "She will know you're tied to me."

Last edited:
  • Faiz Industries HQ/Faiz Tower – Lacutor, Capital of Tirnova

The lone tower overlooking the lower skyscrapers of Lacutor, Faiz Industries' 4 generation legacy stood tall and gazed down at its completion below, futuristic entities and cosmetic vehicles paraded around it as its center and well kept legacy was unmatched in Tirnova, a country that was almost at the opposite end of Dogma and Korma. At its shimmering top, lay Ralph's countless back up armours of his family's long generation of Ragnum response battle suits, primed and upgraded at a hefty pace and filed themselves nicely along the many floors of Lacutor's tallest tower.

Today, many saw what almost appeared to be a series of flares from the lower chasms of the city as hundreds of vehicles stopped at their everyday lives to see an unexpected spectacle appearing in a strange turn of events: almost a dozen of Ragnums could be seen exiting the top of the tower while many stared in awe and wonder at the commotion of Faiz Tower's release of a handful of their high standard battle armours flying into the distance.

• 4 miles from the free way

"That's a nice speech, Aunt. But I ain't saying something as patronizingly sweet as that. I got it recorded in my databanks though so it'll verify your voice…Makes it easier for her. I'm sure she needs some tether before I could even speak to her," Ralph snorted as he continued piloting the Ragnum armour on course for the free way. The dawn was still as pleasantly beautiful than he had anticipated, seeing it and the hope of freeing two more condemned Arcanes was pleasing enough. Though he felt that the intended recognition and symbolism of his legacy was now soaked in blood, hated by the Arcanes and adored by humans…He had hoped this action would be the start of changing it. He himself wanted it ; a new start.

His trail of thought was summarily interrupted by the AI-Algorithm.

"Ralph, the suits are enroute to the point of arrival on the free way as you've instructed," Elise advised Ralph as he continued to fly on towards land where they would inevitably have the truck containing the two captives. His boosters gave it another push as his arrival was imminent. Utilizing the Faiz satellite and coordinated hacks by elise by the VSC's various other satellites, he could easily scan and analyze his approach.

Much to his displeasure, they were kept in separate vehicles yet their signatures were too obscure to make out. It was an ambiguous roulette for him to pick either the Experiment or Shenorai herself. He noticed a highly unusual amount of aerial activity approaching the free way and Elise's encrypted hacks reveal that Marko has already planted Mecha air support and Ragnum pilots.

"I knew it wasn't that simple," Ralph muttered. Studying the free way's detailed range and arrival of the Mechs was crucial if he was going to make a suicidal jump against a large military force carrying a large convoy. From his studying of the patterns of civilian cars, he noticed at least over 15 other stray vehicles tailing the main VSC convoy carrying the captives. Further scanning by Elise reveal all the hypothetical group to contain Cyborgs and enhanced Agents from the highest order from Korma and Dogma secretly planted by Marko.

"He does know how to fool the VSC and any other dumb enough to challenge him, typical little shit. Let's break that ego of his shall we?" He told Mitula and Elise over their comms. Using the 251's speed, he zoomed ever closer to the target(s), soon the free way will be turned into a bloody war zone with what news casters and Arcane messengers would call the "Bloody Road of Korma" for days to come.

Jon was ecstatic to finally be out on his first mission sanctioned by President Tyler. It was a simple escort service by the military to transport convict and Arcane Gifted, Shenorai Eterna as well as another captive called The Experiment to Dogma and the Ministry of Science where they were to be further studied under the Lord President's watchful eye. He was disgusted to see Arcanes grace the only purest human city of Vicronica, as he was told that they were utter freaks of nature and only made their world unstable as it was ever since the century old Awakening that brewed or awoken even more freaks. If it were up to him, he would have blasted those two vehicles and spared the city from being desecrated by Arcane presence.

An odd signal was beeping at his screen, much to his surprise. His superior officer contacted him over the comms as they both floated along the free way with the packages.

"We got us a bogey, calculations are right: It's not a friendly. Hailing has failed, if you get a shot you take it," his commanding officer said.

What could something so fast want with the filths intact below? He wondered. Nonetheless, he wasn't paid or ordered to talk, loyalty to Dogma was a must and he followed it to the letter.

Ralph's scanners picked up three mechs floating above the transport, easy prey for one of the founding fathers of Ragnum technology. It was smaller, sleeker and superior in speed and strength to these Mechs, he believed. But he was certain that his experience, skill and god-like maneuvering of the suit would be enough to dodge and tear the bolts and wires of his larger mechanical brothers. A Mech has the same structure as any human, with weaknesses such as critical wires that connects to the central mobile suit's maneuverability. It was like deconstructing a magnificent piece of vehicle by brutally cutting it where they least expect it.

Taking a deep breath, he looked up to the HUD where Mitula was watching his move.

"Here we go," Ralph said with his eyes glowing with determination to his Aunt. Looking back into his 3 targets, his eyes furrowed with concentration.

In a split second, the 251 darted like a supersonic rocket to the air support intended to cover any aerial attacks. As he approached, hailstorm of bullets slowly began to intensify at the ground where the free way was, as predicted, he foresaw Marko's hidden vanguard of Cyborgs and Agents picking up his arrival and they have began hailing fire. He quickly released a set of rockets from his thigh to send them spiraling down below, the impact of the shots triggered a massive explosion that sent shockwaves of alert to the convoy carrying the captives. The mechs began targeting the sight of the explosion as the ground troops began to reform along with Marko's secret group to huddle up.

From up above, Ralph closed his fusion cells that propelled the armour as he took a singular skydive towards one of the Mechs still hopelessly searching for the rogue Ragnum and hoping to identify it. Ralph picked the one behind the two, before any of them could react or hear the startled cries of their allies from the ground, it was too late as Ralph tore the stray Mech's head off, cutting its pilot's vision from the battle.

He chuckled a little as its pilot began to search blindly for Ralph while he dodged its strikes, an alert system detected a bullet flying from behind him, which he swiftly dodge. The singular stray became a hailstorm of bullets as they attempted to gun the tiny sized Ragnum pilot down only to hit their own ally as it was heavily reduced to scrap before crashing down against the free way in a fierce explosion, he hastily loaded his arm as a single Ragnum Core powered rocket propelled from his forearm and it split into 5 miniaturized rockets against the Mechs's firing.

One of them took a direct hit from 3 of his rockets while the other spat out flares which diverted it. Ralph swiftly charged towards the free Mech and flared his finger tips to fire his laser cutters at a critical wire. At 5% capacity, it was enough to melt the wire underneath the Mech's arm which rendered the entirety of the right side of the mechanical behemoth useless.

Ralph took this chance and sent a fist directly to one of the holes his rockets punctured the mech with. His intent was to disable them, not kill them, he thought as if he was identified sooner by the country and the world, the situation could escalate. Its pilot swore as the Mecha powered down heavily before slowing down and landing at the hard asphalt free way below where cars crashed hard against the Mech's inactive body. The other Mecha gave out eventually as the leakage from Ralph's single laser shot was enough to disable its entire system before it too gave out and landed violently to the road below.

"That was only a warm up," Ralph told both Elise and Mitula. He continued on towards the convoy, with Marko's secret unit heavily blocked by the crashed Mechs, picking up the two prisoners would be another walk in the park. He had hoped that the hostiles guarding the convoy in those large vehicles were more competent enough to at least dent his armour rather than scratch it. Landing atop of the first truck, he scanned it before finding a heat signature matching one of his intended targets.

"Elise where's that support, girl?" Ralph asked, as he saw Marko's secret forces catching up to the convoy with Cyborgs and Agents preparing to engage him. A similar but older modeled Ragnum suit flew past him, followed by three more as they fired lasers against the oncoming group of assailants. With Elise using his spare suits to keep them occupied, Ralph charged his cutter tips to 20% and began breaching the hull of the bullet proof vehicle. Things were heating up really fast, as he could hear explosions and sounds of lasers firing from his spare suits all controlled simultaneously by Elise. Another group of suits that caught up with the initial batch arrived and also began cutting the other vehicle.

"You! Stand down!" an agent from the front of the vehicle called as he packed an armour piercing gun. Ralph sighed and merely gestured the middle finger at the agent and used the same finger to fire a laser shot at its tip towards the agent's head, knocking him out and throwing him out of the vehicle to see his unconscious body rolling against asphalt. These guys seriously came unprepared, he thought to himself as he continued cutting the hull. Elise had also finished her job at the other truck and directed his spare suits to join him in severely crippling the vehicle he was currently attending to.

"Who's on the other one?" Ralph asked.

"I picked up a trace of red hair and a group of agents led by a Cyborg though we did not engage against them. The same can be said for the group below," Elise said.

Ralph nodded, that could mean Shenorai was held up in this container beneath him and his group of controlled suits. He knew from reports that she had black hair and green eyes, and what Elise described did not match with the target he knew of. He will have to fetch the other Experiment later as he focused his attention on this vehicle.

"Gotcha. Keep Marko's party busy, I'll handle these guys below," Ralph said.

"Be careful, Ralph. They're carrying armour piercing ammunition and most likely other tricks that can pierce our suits," Elise warned him through his own HUD.

"I'm aware of that, but we don’t have time to dawdle," Ralph said hurriedly and sent one punch to the ground where he and the other suits had pierced through. He immediately landed within the dark, cold container as his scanners picked up a large group of agents pointing all their rifles at him. All were focused and none showed fear despite them seemingly outmatched by a man within a Ragnum suit.

"Make one move and you're dead," he said.

Ralph said nothing. A simple tilt in the head was enough to send an extremely blinding flash of light from his helmet's optics, blinding the large group of armoured agents. Ralph quickly dispatched them with his hand to hand combat skills and the armours brute force to knock them out. As some of them began to recover, he charged his hands with lasers with enough force to merely push them rather than cut through them. He fired a single shot laser from his finger towards the Agent who called him out, knocking him back and another to the remaining who were standing. It took no more than twelve seconds to send all of them on a long nap.

Hearing the truck he is currently in coming to a screeching halt and Elise battling the other agents outside, Ralph quietly walked over to the tank holding the target. His red optics scanned the individual within the tank and all other data lying at the ground before all hell broke loose.

"Ahh shit, I got the wrong truck! What the hell, man!" Ralph yelled in exasperation enough for Mitula and Elise to hear over his HUDs, his intention was to acquire Shenorai first before The Experiment. "Goddamnit Elise! You told me Shen was in here!" Ralph argued with Elise as he pantomimed his annoyance and looking at the figure within the tank. Black hair, large expansive wings…Something was off about this individual, he thought.

"I said there was a red head on the other truck, you merely assumed Shenorai was in the truck you're currently in," Elise countered through his HUD as she busied herself firing his suit's lasers at the enemy outside. He only could flare up in annoyance but pressed on with his mission, this experimental individual was his to free as well as per his Aunt's wishes.

"Man, whatever…Let's see…Lifting encryption nodes, releasing locks," Ralph said as he used a holographic node to program the tank to release the person trapped within. A simple key code and a bypass software hack was enough for the tank's encryption to fail and release the target within. Liquid poured all over the floor as Ralph stared into the tank while its liquid contents spilled out.

"10... 9..."

Panting hard, beads of sweat trickled down the sides of her face as the girl swung her arms forward, sending another bolt out of her arms.

"8...."

The bolt connects in that split second, blasting the barrel in a huge explosion that rocked the ground.

"7... 6... 5..."

Catching her breath, the girl glares at the metal effigies, igniting them in a massive conflagration. Her vision dulled in that same instance and she ceased her pyrokinesis.

"4... 3... 2, and 1. That's it-eh. We'll stop here-eh?"

Rosetta heaved a sigh of relief as she allowed herself to fall back on the marble ground. With her Brutalis Mk.V armour on, it was padded enough that even falling on hard ground was relatively comfortable. The same cannot be said for her head, given the fact she was not inclined to wearing a helmet. While the hard knock would no doubt leave a painful bump on her head for while, Rosetta pushed the thought out of her mind as the well-dressed hobgoblin ambled towards her.

Staring down at the girl, the hobgoblin sighed. He straightened his suit, trying to straighten his naturally hunched back as best as he could. "Ma'am. Perhaps you may want to rest in your chambers-eh," he said, heavy laden with mock-courtesy. Without waiting her reply, he began walking towards the doors, opening one. Rosetta took several deep breaths, letting the breath fill her and for energy to return. Her vision was still blurry, and she could almost feel a fever ready to set in; she was worn out from the earlier physical exertion as well, already willing to just curl up on the marble floor and sleep there.

As one of the many training rooms in the Wild Card's residential palace, it was wide, spacious and airy. The floors were made of marble, which meant it was cool, and though hard, was very comforting to her since it seemed to drain the excess heat out of her, even through her armour. "Ma'am. Ma'am," the hobgoblin began, an expression of distasteful impatience already taking shape on his face. Rosetta sighed and got up, having forgotten about the hobgoblin entirely. The hobgoblin was named Eh, a funny detail considering he had an uncannily ironic verbal tic - habitually saying 'eh' after every sentence.

"Next on your schedule, the Wild Card requests your presence-eh," he said. Eh was Rosetta's butler of sorts. The Wild Card thought it would be nice if she had someone attending to her every needs. And Rosetta had to agree, even if Eh was nagging nearly the entire time he had been placed with her. It was hard to tell a hobgoblin's age from mere appearance, but given his proneness to nagging excessively, Rosetta believed he was definitely not young. "Please enjoy a pleasant bath-eh? I have already made arrangements to have it prepared-eh. Scrub yourself clean-eh, and make sure you smell good-eh?"

Rosetta nodded, not bothering to reply. Eh scowled, not having seen the nod. "Learn to reply when someone is talking to you-eh!"

"Yes...... whatever."

Eh was poised to slap Rosetta on her arm when they were interrupted by another.

"Still as taciturn and rude as ever."

Stepping up closer, an imposing figure decked in white robes looked down upon the two. This was Silvana the White, the Wild Card of Saevitia, a position synonymous with President, King or any major figurehead in other nations. At a height of 2m, he was a giant, even amongst his kin. Backed by his muscular frame, he had a stately presence that exuded immense power - which, being a Wild Card, he actually possessed. Rosetta met his gaze, forcing a chuckle out of him.

"Brave too! But anyway, I'll meet you now, but you stink."

He pinched his nose as he backed away. "Go away, shoo. Go bathe."

And he left the two standing in the hallway. Eh quickly used the moment to slap Rosetta on her arm. "Reply when spoken to-eh, POLITELY-EH," he said, as he began walking. Rosetta remained quiet, a small smile on her face as Eh led her to her room in the massive palace.

Movement. All of them. All of the jailors were moving as one, all looking at something. There were calls between one and another, someone new. Flashes of light sparked in the darkness and he felt the vehicle come to a halt, the sudden stop yanking several of the needles from his skin. His reddish black blood mixed with the fluid and his fingers twitched, control coming back to him slowly. Just that small amount was bringing his mind back to his body. There was more yelling though not at him it seemed; more like someone invisible. Then he felt the fluid beginning to drain.

Gravity. It took control and his body sank along with the fluid, slowly pulling out each needle and the drugs they contained. He was swiftly coming back to his body, catching himself on hands and knees as he fell. Opening his eyes for the first time in weeks, his slitted yellow eyes pierced the darkness easily. Before him was a machine but different from the men who had been torturing him. Slowly he stood up, rivulets of blood trailing down his arms and chest, mixing with the fluid dripping from his soaked hair. He shook his wings gently before snapping them out to their full eighteen foot wingspan. A spray of liquid was sent across the room, splashing on some of the jailors and beginning to revive them. His wings furled back in behind him and he looked at the machine curiously. With alarming speed he pressed his head against Ralph's chest and listened. Beneath the machinery he could hear the heartbeat; one he had never heard before. He straightened up in front of Ralph, clad only in a pair of tight shorts.

"I will not kill you," he said simply before turning towards the unconscious men.

He laid a hand upon the chest of the first one who was beginning to come around. He waited for just a few seconds before the man's chest exploded. Blood spattered everywhere, nearly covering him in the warmth. He licked his lips greedily as the blood began to trail back to the cavity in the corpses chest, individual globules floating through the air. Withdrawing his hand, there was a steaming orb of blood floating just above his palm.

"But they will for imprisoning a god..."

The truck suddenly came to a sharp halt, forcing Prisoner 012988 to rock about. The belts securing her to the seat kept her from falling off, but it didn't stop her from accidentally pulling on her tethered bonds again. Once more, the swaying movement of her arms was enough to jerk on the tethers and yank on the bindings around her wings. She cried out and seethed loudly as the barbs dug even deeper into the tissue, even dislodging a several of her shiny feathers and sending them falling to the seat and floor. For several moments, the prisoner was completely seized up in pain, her eyes shut tight, pressure from her very pulse had invaded her ears and was even blocking out any immediate shouts inside the truck for her to simply shut up.

After perhaps a full minute, the pounding in her ears had finally faded. It was hard for her to tell how much time had passed. Relief came slowly, but she was able to slow and control her breathing. Once the pain had ceased, the prisoner cracked open her eyes again, looking about the truck.

Thank goodness the vehicle had finally stopped moving. But alarmingly, many shouts and shots were heard outside. The sounds of death wasn't foreign to her, but the woman's mind was leaping from one possibility to another. Just as soon as an idea was brought up, it was shot back down.

Who the blazes would know I'm here?
Another Arcane trying to prove a point?​
No, those sound like... laser blasts.
Human activists?​
Not likely. They usually can't afford something like that.
Would they get me out of here?​
...would they even care if I'm here?​

The woman's heart sunk. If only I could move. If I could stretch my hands. If only they hadn't kept my things in that other damn truck with the tank-!

Once again, her eyes rested upon that smaller guard. If only that guard wasn't there...

Last edited:

~~~~~
Child
~~~~~

The armoured truck in which she was in made a screeching stop, sending the prisoner to swing about in the restraints. Child has no knowledge of how she was restrained nor how the restraints used worked, but given how the prisoner called out in pain at the sharp jolt, there was some pain consequences built in in order to discourage excess movement. The feathers on the floor only further confirmed her suspicion. They were very pretty, the feathers and it made the prisoner's wings rather beautiful. Child felt a pang of pity. She had never seen such a thing, but shrugged it off soon after. There were more important things to do.

Child, we got a single incoming threat that is targeting the prisoner vans. It is chewing through the convoy and its defenses and given its shape and heat signatures, i would say its a ragnum suit (?), so watch out.

Ok... i will be careful... Preparing to engage...

For the first time since the entire trip, Child moved. She got up from the little seat on one end of the truck and made her way towards the middle, a meter from the prisoner. If this was a prison break, the rescuers would avoid bursting in too close to the target in case they injured her. That would mean it was either from where she sat before, up top, or from the back. The middle gave Child the most distance from any of the entry points. At this range, her UTAS shotgun would be the most efficient with AP rounds. So gun loaded and resting in her hand, Child waited for the inevitable screeching of strained metal when the threat tore its way into the armoured van

Ralph saw the winged young man felt the steel chestplate of the 251, he almost raised his defenses out of fear he might use some form of magic to break through but was briefly relieved when he said he wont kill him. He looked rather angelic as he awkwardly looked to the side, almost tempted to hug him. He was very reluctant to do so but still was guilty for not helping captives like this one and Shen for suffering their fates in Area 23 of the city of Korma.

"I will not kill you."

Ralph's relief could never be more apparent. But his loss for words could only be blurted as the speed of the winged boy was too fast for him to respond.

"Uh…You're welc-"

What followed next was an unexpected move, no doubt motivated by revenge as he saw the young winged boy touch the chest of the agents he knocked out previously. Ralph tried his best to react as he raised his hand to try and reason with the boy, who was no doubt filled with hate and fury towards these Agents of the VSC. He knew full well the consequences of killing an Agent one of Humanity's strong fronts and wanted to warn him or at least put him off, for these things are not in his priority at the moment.

"Look, kid. There's no need to go that far! Let's just get to the other truck an –" It was too late, The Agent's chest exploded as blood splashed all around the confines of the truck. Warm blood splattered across the armour as Ralph's heart rate increased and his noticeable sweat began forming as beads around his temple.

"Oh God no...!" Elise said ominously, she was hoping Mitula was watching, for she may have difficulties in calming Ralph down as his anxiety began to rise to abnormal levels. The fear of his parent's death and the gore the Lamia Category Arcane was still the stuff of nightmares to the Ragnum inventor.

Ralph backed away in terror, as his mind was beginning to bend to the fears of the past while the winged boy marveled at the slaughter he was conducting. He pressed hard against the wall near the tank as his eyes widened in shock. It appeared that the boy was enjoying the blood bath conducted before him as an orb of blood was floating on top of the boy's palm.

"But they will for imprisoning a god…"

Ralph could not contain his fear any longer. He accidentally released the mechanical tone of the suit to scream in terror as he cowered down like a frightened little boy as his voice relapsed back to his regular tone.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, KID!? STOP IT! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!" Ralph screamed in terror. He moved his sights away from the boy as he tried to batter the armoured truck's compartment as he had lost all his senses due to the accursed phobia inflicted upon him by the incident when he was 8 years old. The armour was immediately disabled by Elise out of worry that Ralph may shoot his cutters at 100%, disabling his means of escape and cutting the suits power out and all missile and other weapons have been powered offline while the young man screamed his fears out. After all this time, he found it very difficult to see an Arcane kill a human or vice versa, despite his venturing out to battle most of the hostiles encountered. Yet it was rare for him to shed blood as gruesome as this as it normally awakens his fears of the incident almost 21 years ago. Most of his attacks were the least casualties afflicted in most of the weapons manufacturing company's PMC unit in the industry.

"GET ME OUT! ELISE GET ME OUT! FUCK THIS! I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS!" he yelled as he tried to back away from the boy and tried accessing the suit's flight capabilities to fly out of the truck. His irrational fear would almost spell the end of the mission given by Mitula before it even begun.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Ralph…" she responded through his HUD. He continued battering the truck's hull as he looked back at the winged boy and to his own work.

"Elise! Cut the shit! I can't take him with me! I was wrong in agreeing to do this!" Ralph said in a very frightened voice. His eyes and blood lust, was almost the same as the female assassin when he was a child, staring down at him as the Arcane crack transformed her into a Lamia followed by the blood she had shed of his parents and the suit that powered up to protect him killing her. It was forever burned into his mind, and this exposure was a very clear sign that he has yet to move on from the phobia of Arcanes.

"Ralph Faiz! Stand up and do not cower like a child!" Elise yelled for the first time, as his suit stiffened itself with Ralph still trapped inside. It remained stationary and away from the blood and Arcane boy. Elise initiated the lockdown features of the suit as Ralph steadily began to recompose himself but his breathing was heavy and his heart rate was high.

"Take a deep breath…" She said. Ralph's panicked breathing and his inability to turn or move helped him regain his senses.

"Your Aunt entrusted you with this. Shenorai is in pain as worst as this boy, do you wish to leave them condemned out of your selfish fear? Ralph… You are the only one who stands in Marko's way of him having to use these two for darker purposes. Please, we need the brave armoured sentinel to bring balance back into this world, not the child who cowered 21 years ago. Stand up, Ralph. Be the human that these Arcanes can have faith on…Please," she said as he breathed slowly. His anxiety was slowly lowering down, before he knew it, his reluctance was also gone. His muscles and body had finally regained their senses and strength.

"I…I'm okay…I'm okay…" Ralph said, a sign requesting her to relinquish the controls of the suit back to him.

"What are you going to do now once I give controls back?" She asked.

"Free… Shen…Stop Marko… Bring balance to the world…" he said these words slowly as he tried to form the best means of communication while he controlled the fear that festered in his mind for so long.

"That's the way. We're counting on you," she said softly. Ralph's armour booted up once more as his HUD regained its vitals, he was able to move the suit again. Without turning back, he called the boy out.

"Kid, that's enough, We still have one more…truck to crack open…" Ralph said, with a broken voice. Charging his lasers at 20% once more, Ralph began cutting the dented hull where he broke through earlier, this time his mind set on going to the other truck. Upon cutting through the hull, Ralph sent one kick as the air outside exposed him to another heated battle with Marko's Agents battling against his armours controlled by Elise. A lone Ragnum armour approached Ralph.

"Hold steady, Ralph. Shen is heavily guarded by Agents as much as the one carrying this boy. Be careful," Elise advised before flying this suit out to do battle. Explosions and laser shots rang hard at the Korma Freeway. Once a tranquil and busy free way, now turned into a heated war zone, a place Ralph was all too familiar with. Not looking back, he called the winged boy out.

"Kid, I'm heading out. You can follow me to freedom or wait here for them to recapture you. If you're keen on the former, get dressed and join me, I don't wanna see you shot by these jackasses," Ralph said, offering a choice to the winged boy with a very tense and hard voice. Without another word, he charged his suit's boosters and flew towards the other truck where Shen was held. Elise sent a pair of older modeled Ragnums to begin cutting through the front hull as Ralph charged his two index finger lasers to 10% each and began helping the controlled suits dent the hull. It was only a matter of time before he could finally free Shen and evacuate the premises at once. Knowing Marko, and anticipating an attack, he would most likely send a fleet of Mechas to counter his solo attack against the convoy. He wasn't certain what would be beneath this truck, but as long as Shenorai still lives, he is ready to face whatever is within.

Elise piloted an older 231 Ragnum suit unto the truck where Ralph had left. The floor was filled with puddles of blood, if she had a body she would have definitely gagged at the unsightly horror within. Searching around, she was told by Mitula that Shen usually carried her things with her and the most notable was a prominent Necklace along with a shotgun. Scanning the place with the 231's optics, she caught wind of a chest that had a strange energetic flow from what the 231's scanners indicated that was magical or Arcane in nature. Elise piloted the 231 to approach the chest that was labeled as "Scientific Evidential Equipment – Designation "Prisoner # 012988".

"Chance!" she said in excitement.

Lifting the suit's index finger, it charged a laser as she began cutting the Evidence chest…

Last edited:
As tired as she was, the moment she stepped into the bathroom, saw the tub already filled with warm water, there was no stopping her. Quickly removing her armour, she leave it aside messily as she jumped into the tub. The tub was not deep, so when she jumped in, she sunk in hard and fast, hitting the bottom hard - another bruise alongside one behind her head. Eh didn't need to be inside to have an idea about what just happened. He fetched a mop, leaving it outside the bathroom. He may be the girl's servant, but he was not going to let her be irresponsible for that reason alone.

Rosetta, on the other hand, could hardly care. The warmth of the water helped ease her fatigued body. She laid motionless for a while, staring up at the ceiling, steam wafting, trailing upwards. Like smoke, billowing, crossing path with another trail of smoke. Hidden in the shadow of a building, a few large-sized Arcs. Their muscles bulged out of their tunics, flexed as they sauntered over. Then suddenly, flames erupted on their tunic. Their screams were horrendous. The smell of burnt flesh. Charred corpses, left to sit in the silence of the alley.

Rosetta felt her heart quicken as she began to sit up, grabbing the sponge on the table beside the tub. Soaking it, she brought it over her arms, scrubbing it clean. She took a breath, taking in the sweet, floral scent. Closing her eyes, she focused on the scent, letting her thoughts clear out. When she opened her eyes, she gasped. Her muscle, no longer encased in her skin, laid bare and exposed. A small flame spontaneously burst into existence, but she felt no pain. Yet her arm bled profusely, turning the waters red. The floral scent was no longer there. It now smelled of burnt flesh... Her flesh.

But Rosetta only sighed. Closing her eyes, she laid back in the tub.

--

"ROSETTA-EH!"

Eh's voice jolted her awake. The previously warm scented water was now cool. Sitting inside, Rosetta was already starting to feel the chill. And of course, there was an extremely irate Eh outside knocking the bathroom door hard. Rosetta could only wonder for how long had she dozed off. "Coming," she said, leaving Eh to walk away, muttering angrily. Rosetta hurriedly grabbed the sponge, scrubbing herself with new-found haste.

--

Her legs ached after earlier's training session, but in her normal attire, a shirt and skirt, she was markedly more relaxed than with her heavy armour. She stepped out into the corridor, finding Eh who immediately turned and started walking the moment she joined him.

"Rosetta-eh, I know you're tired-eh. Still, the tub is NOT your bed-eh?"

There was no end to it. Rosetta only nodded as she strode after Eh.

"And now you kept the Wild Card waiting-eh? Don't say anything, let me speak first-eh."

He stopped short of the doors to the Wild Card's quarters. Turning, he was about to speak when the doors opened. "Finally," said the Silvana as he loomed over the significantly shorter Eh. "I was beginning to wonder if someone broke in and kidnapped you two."

Eh whimpered," N-no, mi'lord-eh. Ro-"

"I dozed off."

Eh shot Rosetta an intense glare. Even though Rosetta avoided eye contact, she could almost feel his glare piercing through her. It felt as if he was the one with her pyrokinetic abilities; as if she would burst into flames. Silvana, however, was just as amused as always. Despite being the leader of Saevitia, he had no care for pleasantries - a trait unprecedented amongst the Wild Cards. Chuckling, he waved Eh away and directed Rosetta in.

She took a seat at the tea table. Silvana already had tea prepared, evidently. "Cold tea, I hope that's to your fancy. Water is first boiled, then we infuse the tea leaves, and leave it to chill for about an hour or two. It's hard work, you know," Silvana said with a cheerful grin. If Rosetta hadn't been late and hadn't knew him, she would never have picked up on the sarcasm. Still, she picked up her cup and sipped it.

"Not bad," she said, leaving Silvana to scoff as he sat opposite her. He folded his legs, resting one arm on the tea table. His size was a serious mismatch for the small table as always. Rosetta remembered laughing so hard when he first invited her to tea. Nevertheless, Silvana never seemed to mind. "Anyway, today's little tea party isn't like the usual."

Silvana took a sip from his tea.

"I'm expecting a call soon. Serious business, I tell you."

When he put it that way, Rosetta found it extremely difficult to believe him.

"Tsk, don't doubt me. I'm serious. A call is coming soon. A really major call that will call forth a lot of things. How goes your training?"

Rosetta's eyes narrowed as she stared at Silvana who looked at her intently. The two stared at each other for a moment until Silvana burst into laughter.

"Okay, I'll get to the point. A call is coming soon."

Rosetta rolled her eyes as she got up.

"I just want you to be aware. Be prepared."

Rosetta shrugged, not bothering to turn to meet Silvana's gaze as she exited. Eh almost jumped as she stepped out. Still sheepish from the earlier incident, he asked," Did he say anything about me-eh?"

Rosetta only smiled wryly, and walked back towards her room.

"W-what-eh? Tell me, Rosetta-eh! Come on, tell me-eh."

--

Silvana chuckled as he heard their footsteps fade away in the distance. He pulled out his smartphone, placing it on the tea table. Then grabbing the tea cup, he finished the tea. "About time," he said as he placed the cup down.

A moment passed, before he burst into laughter. "Not bad. Always wanted to do that," he said, as he got up to heat up the pot of tea.

Zephyr cocked his head and raised an eyebrow at Ralph.

"Your fear... I can taste it..." he murmured.

The blood orb in his hand was slowly revolving, globules of blood from around the room marching towards it, the orb swelling just a fraction larger with each one. He dipped a single finger in it and withdrew the blood soaked digit. He gave it a savoury lick, the corners of his mouth turning upwards in a smile before sucking on it. The troops that were still alive began to leak, blood dripping from every orifice in their head all of them trailing to the swelling orb.

"I won't stop. I can't stop. The wrath of a god is insatiable. Those who would call it down upon themselves are but swine to be culled. Why should it matter to you that I am their butcher? Their lifestream was forfeit the minute I was created. The same will come of you one day; death is inescapable. Pray it not be at my hands."

He looked down at the now dessicated forms at his feet and kicked one spitefully.

"But even a god recognizes the truth. There are still others and this place is far from safe. If you would offer respite... then I accept."

Looking down at his relative nakedness, he shrugged. There were plently of options in this vehicle. He sifted quickly through the agent's clothes and dressed in something that was both an imitation and a mockery of the uniform, the bulletproof jacket with long rips in the back for his wings and most of it now dyed red with blood; he had managed to steep the entirety of the blood he had drawn into the uniform, making it a walking armament. Strapped to his belt were a quartet of pistols nicked from the dead agents; they weren't going to use them. He snapped out his wings and flew out the hole made by Ralph, following him to the other vehicle and hovering several dozen meters above with his gaze divided between the rising dust in the distance and Ralph cutting through the other vehicle.

Marko left the war-room where the president was stationed during such events as The Korma Freeway situation where he wandered away, seeing the Ragnums fight against the pathetic forces he called forth is rather unsightly and could be materials for a bad comedic skit. He was merely keeping the humans from mucking each other about with the aide of the dearest Ralph Faiz of Tirnova's Faiz Industries, even with a newer unbranded suit, the pilot was unmistakably him. As predicted, if Shenorai or The Experiment was not important to him, then no doubt to "Aunt" Mitula.

How he loathed her so much. She merely manipulated Faiz into loving her after all the horrid fiaso that distanced themselves from each other and resulted in everything ending between him and Faiz so long ago. If there was one of their people whom he would have executed, it would be her…definitely her. After his powers developed, he wandered to the far ends of Vicronica, searching for meaning and purpose. But there was one part of his life which he so fondly remembered and where he flourished into what he was today.

"Let's see how Saevitia is doing now huh?" He spoke to a bust of one of the previous Lord Presidents of the city and polished it sarcastically. To speak of such a region was taboo in the Capital. Tip toeing aimlessly towards his main office and dodging a couple of Agents monitoring the halls of the Grand House, Marko entered his office.

Taking a deep breath, Marko unleashed a whiff of dark matter from his body unto the room. The detection system of the private room he had constructed privately after his term. Sensing the power emitting from Marko, the system verified its owner as his desk shifted automatically to reveal a flight of steps below. Marko's eyes blackened as his human shell withered.

The room was completely dark, despite the morning sun outside, the dark figure descended unto the dark basement below…

Reaching the basement, Marko was guided by intricate wiring leading to a lone console, at its tip, a 50 year old phone was plugged unto the console. Dark hands touched the button of the console, as it automatically dialed the Wild Card's sole number and began connecting.

"Ring! Ring! Ring! Marko phone~!" Marko sang with delight. The number conducted would no doubt signal the Wild Card of Saevitia that it was The Lord President of Humanity contacting him currently. It was a number they had gotten used to the past 3 years, especially after Marko had taken seat into power. Insults and jokes would fly, but this time Marko would have the higher ground.

Last edited:

~~~~~
Child
~~~~~

Sparks flew and a glowing outline appeared. They were blow torching their way in. If they were able to start blow torching, that meant that there was no one outside that was capable of stopping them. Rather than wait for them to come to her, it was much more preferable to bust out and take the initiative.

Child. Things has hit the fan! Watch out, there are several Ragnum Suits outside trying to break in. Make a tactical retreat and wait for back up!

Negative. Directive is to protect the prisoner. By retreating, it will give them a window to take the prisoner and escape before back up arrives. Engaging target now.

No! Hold back Child! Even you will be hard pre....

It was too late. Child had drawn her katana in her right hand and held her shotgun in her left. Data and information scrolled through her visor as she initiated her combat directives and programs. Her eyes sent a digital pulse as it flickered into IR filter and two Ragnum appeared in front of her. Those were to be her first target. If she diced her way out through a hole just big enough for her, those Ragnums still wouldn't be able to get to the prisoner, but she can come out and engage them. The katana buzzed into gear and the energy crackled for a second before Child cut a perfect diamond hole in the middle of where they were cutting and dashed out.

As the metal fell out from her cut, the two mechs came into view. The muzzle of her shotgun came out of the hole first, pointing at point blank right at the left Ragnum. It was pretty much point blank range and without a second of hesitation, Child depressed and kept her finger down on the trigger. Rapid successions of bangs echoed loudly as the slugs rammed home straight into the chest of the Ragnum. At the same time, Child slashed at the blow torching arm, aiming at disrupting its progress, before she flew passed them and planted another burst of 6 shells into the last Ragnum that had a different appearance. This one got her attention. Why would it be different than the others? Either it was a leader and had to be more easier differentiated, its a newer model, or both. The last option was more likely. In addition to the burst, Child had for a straight forward chest slash as she closed the distance rapidly and was right up in its cehst.

Ralph and Elise's synchronized torching with their cutters were steadily progressing towards their intended goal, if Elise's accuracy was correct, there would be the exact same amount of Agents as the one holding The Experiment and all were ready to begin engaging. Elise kept the brunt of the torching while Ralph kept a balanced amount of cutting power.

Something unexpected occurred that would send them spiraling out of control.

A perfectly cut diamond hole had suddenly appeared to where they were torching towards, and with a speedy burst, a superbly fast individual erupted from the hole. Elise's reaction time was cut dramatically short as the Cyborg individual sent a flurry of shot guns. The Model 221 at the left suffered heavy piercing at the chest and destructive damage as it powered down while continuing to torch the path to Shenorai.

"Ralph! She's using Trimorphicium-made shells! They can tear our suits down with ease! I'm setting up – " before she could react to the 243 being piloted at the right, the Cyborg has sliced the 221's torching arm. The Cyborg then hastily jumped past Elise's controlled suits and Ralph could see the Cyborg was darting straight for him as he saw it fire 6 shells.

"Duly noted, release all our shield energy by diverting all my flight power to it," he said. At this point, flight power will have to be sacrificed if he was to fight evenly with this individual. The Ragnum cores within the Model 251 would charge his flight power later if he feels that he cannot fight this individual to a stand still.

Ralph's shock from his phobia had made him slow, unable to compensate for the god-like maneuvering of the suit with the Mechas prior. He quickly used the suit's reflexes to dodge 2 of the shells aiming straight for him and fired the emergency shield generator to block out the other 3, dramatically wasting its 3 second burst before firing a charged 14% blast of his laser cutters with all of his right hand's finger digits that caused the last shell aiming for him to explode.

The Cyborg was impressively good, and it was using whatever weakness he had to its advantage as it prepared a Katana blade for a forward chest slash. Ralph's gauntlet automatically conjured a sharp blade against his right arm and sent a diagonal slash to block the incoming slash. The force was strong against his weakened psyche. Being pragmatic enough and in haste, Ralph used his left hand's two finger digits to fire two laser shots at 16%, the average amount to melt through a Cyborg's steel to see if this was a far more advanced unit.

As he was fighting this adversary, Elise used the Model 243 to analyze the combat data and the vitals of their adversary. Even with her advanced control over millions of Ralph's suits over the years, she was no match in combating something as fast without the aide of a human pilot in the suit. To her horror, the make and steel used to create this small figure was incredibly advanced, not like any other manufactured cyborg ever seen in a while. In a logical move, she assisted Ralph by shooting another ranged blast by firing 4 laser shots from the digits of the 243's 4 fingers.

In the meantime, the 231 suit that Elise was controlling prior had managed to acquire all of the mysterious items owned by Shenorai in the truck that was holding Zephyr. This was an easy feat transporting her things as the 231 had no pilot to at all, opening the suit's hollow compartment, she slide among other things, her own red clothes, a custom made Shotgun and a mysterious jeweled necklace that was the signature emitting the magical/Arcane energy. She closed the 231's suit, sealing all of her items within the bulky armour and stepped out of the hole that Ralph and Zephyr exited from. Seeing the battle Ralph and the 243 was engaging with, the 231 controlled by her stood by to await an opening by analyzing the battle ongoing with Ralph and the 243's suit against the insanely speedy but destructive Cyborg.

Zephyr flapped his wings a few times, gaining altitude as gunfire ripped through the air at Ralph from the hole in the transport. Someone pulled themselves out, someone else interesting. He had seen her when he was being loaded into the transport, and now felt the oddity within her. There was much less blood inside than the others. Very different. But also very occupied with the terrified man.

The chimera still didn't understand Ralph's fear of him - he had expected it to be more awe than anything else. But he knew something now; Ralph was also after the other prisoner. She had wings, or at least what had looked like wings. There had also been a lot fewer agents moving into and out of that transport but he hadn't been able to see it since he had been loaded first. With Ralph busy, and this girl less affected, he assumed things would go much faster if the other prisoner was released.

Tucking his wings in, he divebombed the hole, a crimson blur almost too fast for the human eye. He slammed into the floor feet first, a large dent showing in the metal from his landing. Standing up, seemingly unhurt, he looked over the other prisoner. She was bound at wrists and wings by shackles that disallowed her not only from using her arms but her wrists as well. He frowned, despite the smell of blood that was filling his nostrils from her. The freedom of flight was such that it should never be taken away and that they would try only made him more vengeful.

"Don't worry. I'll have you out of these as soon as I can."

Going to her side, he gently felt the mancles on both ends, finally finding a small switch far beyond any internal movement could possibly grant. Pressing it, he heard the electricty within them die and the locks unbolt. Gently, he took them off of her, noting the cuts that had been dealt to her wings by the manacles. His eye twitched at the barbaric device. Had they not thought he was dead tot he world, then this might have been what they incarcerated him in instead. A low bestial growl rumbled in his throat. Still they would be turned to his purposes of vengeance. He slipped them into his belt for use later on.

"You probably won't be able to fly without pain thanks to these cuts but you probably knew that. I can help them heal faster though... if you want..."

Back