Final Fantasy Memory of Heroes novel

WEEKOLDMILK

I am MILK, the Protein Paladin!
Gil
For those of you who've no idea what the title means, it's referring to Umemura Takashi's novel Final Fantasy I II III: Memory of Heroes, a compliation novel that retells the stories of the first three games, written for the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary celebration.

As was said, Final Fantasy I II III: Memory of Heroes is a novel retelling of Final Fantasy I, II, and III; but it is quite different from the actual games' stories as the writer goes in depth on some portions of the characters and plots back-stories. But it is also only written in the Japanese language (and as far as I know there're no official plans for an English or other language translation). So I'm gonna try and translate it; except my Japanese isn't very good and no online translator tool can always provide exact results.

I'm looking for anyone who would be willing to help by one of the following ways:
*assist in the translation process by working on a couple of pages
*help me find the meanings to characters I can't find
*or help figure out what some sentences mean when translated (i.e. one line I worked on earlier had a set of characters that are usually used for the word Crab, but tell me: does "But the Crab of darkness eroded the world..." make sense to any of you? Still haven't been able to find the right words for that line... *it's not Cloud of Darkness either.*)

Note: The last two options would mean that I might need to come to you more than once.

If you're wondering what could be gained from this- sorry to say that there isn't much. I'm doing it simply because a lot of fans, myself included, want to read it. Whatever your reason though, I'd really appreciate even the slightest bit of help.

I'll gladly help you whatever way I can! Thing is, I'm really a noob in japanese and I'm actually trying to learn more about the language. I'll help you wherever you need more help though.

Same here. I'm progressing in the language, but slowly.
Do you wanna give it a shot at a couple of sentences I've no idea about?

記憶を矢っている。/Kioku wo yatte iru.

しかし、ー直線すぎる性格のため視野狭窄的な状態に陥ることがままあり、向う見ずなー面もある。/Shikashi, -chokujiki sen sugiru saga kaku no tame shiya kiyousaku teki na jiyou sama ni ochiiru kotoga ma ma ari, mukau mi zuna -omo aru.

These are the last two lines left for one of the FFI story's character profiles. I know the first line is about the characters memory because of the 記憶, but when put with the rest of the sentence it makes no sense.

I've got no idea what the last sentence's subject matter is.

I think the first phrase means something close to "He's lost his memories". I'll search a bit more though.

The second phrase is describing his personality, saying something about him being straightforward. I'll need a bit more to translate it correctly.

The first one fits, thanks.
Not sure what you mean by needing a bit more.

Back