Bomb
Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Aside from this video literally making me smile, it makes me think how vivid some memories can be.

Tell us, how much can you remember about events that happened years back? Days back or what about five minutes ago? Do you have better short term memory or long term memory?

my short term memory is horrible. it's also random. i forget little details easily. which is why studying is usually hell for me. i'll forget something important but then i'll remember something pointless. it's frustrating.

my long term memory is probably the same. however, the few memories that I do have from years ago, i remember in vivid detail. like for example, my earliest memory is one of me and my mom and dad on a beach. we were at the very last step of a wooden staircase that led to the beach, i remember my feet in the sand and I remember feeding a crab (or trying to, i should say) bread but my mom and dad said it was a raccoon every time i recalled it. so yeah, my memory is bad but i can remember some things.

Also like paper my short term memory is quite shite, it can be strong if I want it to be but overall I'd rather not remember small things/details. However my long term memory is beyond belief strong imo, I can remember playing board games with my friends at age 4 like it was yesterday and days in elementary school playing on the playground. Its not as if I have a computer brain and can go back to anything I want just what is beautiful or special to me.

My memory is HORRIBLE. I forget things all the time. Short term memory is non-existent. Long term memory, well.... it brings things to mind at random, whether I want it to or not. I'm starting to think it's either to block out all the bad stuff that happened when I was younger, or if I'm just trying to cram too much into it. I currently work in tech support so having a bad memory is actually mandatory.

My memory is complete and utter shit. :wacky:

I blame my father... he dropped me as a baby :lew:

Everyone could be talking about how they remember the "good ol' days" and I'll look back and attempt to think.... I can't remember ANYTHING.. its honestly quite sad. I remember stupid shit like... passing gas in grade school and having everyone stare at me... or when I was in middle school and my phone started going off...and it got taken away :sad3: Things that are useless and embarrassing and I have no idea why my mind thinks its okay to torture me like that. Like wut?

I have way better short-term.. but even that can be questioned.

Ugh i suck at life. :gonk::alone::rage:

I'm pretty sure I'll grow old and be diagnosed with Alzheimer's. No joke.

It depends. There's some memories I still remember when I was only one or two. I know it may sound impossible, but I actually talked to my mom and few others to confirm if what I remembered was valid and not actually a dream that got stuck in my head. And then there's times when I can't even remember what happened yesterday, etc. I guess if it's meaningful or had a big impact on me, then it sticks.

I'm a bit the same here, as Mits. My memory is too good for my own good sometimes. I'll remember things, like random things, Jeff asked me to remember a game number months ago, 180, and I still remember it. For no reason. I'll remember the tiniest things, and I have a lot of trouble trying to "forget about something" for a while. It's pretty difficult, but then sometimes I also have a complete mindblank. Not often, but... it happens.

I can remember names and faces pretty well. Events, on the other hand, I can only vaguely recall. It all really depends on my connection to the memory and any emotional or physical impact it may have had on me. For instance, I can remember clear as day the events leading up to the scar on my arm, but I can't remember the house I lived in when I was seven.

my short term memory is shit, though im great at remembering anything irrelevant. or embarrassing :/

I used to do a lot of dancing, and if you put on a song I could probably show you all the moves to it. My long-term memory is great, but it has to be triggered by something, like a song or a smell. I can smell a perfume I got for Christmas in the 8th Grade and then tell you everything else I got that year. If I don't have a trigger, it's a lot harder for me to remember things. Short term memory isn't too bad, but my long-term memory is definitely better :)

It depends on how significant the moment was for me.

I remember certain things from my childhood such as getting a needle or arguing with my neighbour about who's dad built our dividing fence and then there's huge gaps in between up until the end of primary school.

Even the memories I do have from ages ago aren't that in detail and are still a bit blurry.

I wouldn't say my short term or long term memory are any better. Most stuff these days goes in one ear and out the other. >.< I'm pretty bad with retaining info. :hmmm:

Oh, gosh...my memory is actually pretty graphic, but only for things that happened in the past! For most things that I'm supposed to remember in the present, I forget, which is why my family picks on me all the time for forgetting about stuff I'm supposed to be doing. But yeah...as for the past, I can remember some things/memories quite clearly, especially if I try even harder to remember. I remember what people wore, what they said, their facial expressions...which is why one of my old classmates was starting to get creeped out when I remembered how he and I met, and I remembered what he wore and everything. I also keep in my mind quotes that I thought were really great that I've come across, but it has to be triggered by what someone is saying that is related to it. And I remember people's words, especially if they stood out to me for some reason. But I recently realized that if something happened that was really painful, my mind would prefer to not remember it and it would actually immediately tell me that I don't remember because I'd rather not. Because of that, I think my mind will actually not remember a lot of things about that person or event. If not that, it just won't let me remember, as in go deep into the memory(s). The beginning will start, but it won't let me finish.

Back