[How] Is Cloud Different from Other SOLDIERs?

HLEV

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Some sources say Cloud's been injected Jenova cells and showered in Mako, which should be exactly what normal SOLDIER candidates go through. Other sources (or the same ones, even) say it's Sephiroth's cells that have been injected. Perhaps it's not really contradictory, as Sephiroth has Jenova's cells, but I don't think it's mentioned if/how does the result differ between the injection of Jenova and Sephiroth cells. Supposedly the purpose was to test the Reunion Theory, but why Sephiroth's cells? I don't really understand the concept of [Sephiroth] clones. It was attempted on Zack as well, albeit unsuccessfully, meaning that theoretically there is a difference.

• So, [why] is Cloud stronger than the usual SOLDIERs? (Looking for an in-universe explanation, as he's quite obviously stronger.)
  • What's the difference between Jenova and Sephiroth's cells, when it comes to injecting them to people?
  • Did the experiments have any effect on Zack?
  • Explanation of anything else that is relevant is welcome, as I have no clue what is anything even about, even though I've played FF7, CC, seen DOC's cutscenes and read some shit about FF7.

Cloud wasn't a member of SOLDIER. He was a member of Shinra Electric Power Company who wanted to join SOLDIER. He met Zack in Modeoheim who was a member of SOLDIER. They met again one year later when he, Sephiroth, and Zack were sent to Nibelheim to investigate a damaged mako reactor. Tifa lived in Nibelheim, so she was their guide. Sephiroth learned about his past when he found Professor Hojo's experiments. Sephiroth went to Shinra Manor to research. Then, he destroyed the village. Cloud went to find Sephiroth at the mako reactor. He found Tifa and Zack wounded. He found Sephiroth in the center of the reactor. He impaled Sephiroth with Zack's Buster Sword. Sephiroth stabbed Cloud with Masamune, but Cloud used the blade to pick up Sephiroth and drop him in the mako pit.

Cloud and Zack became Hojo's experiments. He injected them with Jenova's cells and exposed them to mako. Members of SOLDIER got blue eyes from exposure to mako. Zack was already exposed to mako because he was a member of SOLDIER, so Zack had a resistance to mako. Zack resisted the experiment, but Cloud got a case of mako poisoning. Hojo considered them to be failed experiments and placed them in cryogenic sleep. Cloud and Zack woke up four years later. Zack gave Cloud a SOLDIER uniform because his cloths were soaked in mako. Zack told Cloud his plans of becoming mercenaries in Midgard. They ran for almost one year before getting caught by Shinra outside of Midgard. Zack was shot down. Then, Cloud took his place.

Last edited:
I was already aware of everything you just wrote. That's not what this thread is about o_o. Sorry if it didn't seem that way from my post, but I'm concerned about that specific experiment with Cloud and Zack.

Last edited:
I do not think Clouds strength being greater has anything to do with the experiments themselves, but instead his drive to survive. before he was ever used in any experiments he stopped sephiroth in the reactor. His potential was already beyond most before his mako infusions. i think the only thing the infusion did to him was connect him to Sephiroth.

I guess you can take something from Advent Children where Cloud is close to death but Zack appears to him to urge him on and all of a sudden he's got a ridiculous amount of power and performs that amazing display with the fusion sword to defeat Sephiroth. I also assume it has links to his emotional past, Zack dying in his arms, passing on the buster sword and naming cloud his living legacy. He gets more from the death of Aerith/Aeris (depending which version you played). In the story everyone is linked to the life stream but perhaps cloud had a slightly stronger link which he enhanced with these emotions and gained the extra strength from the Lifestream.
And to answer part of the original question, Sephiroth and Jenova cells are different as Sephiroth was an experiment using the Jenova cells with other humans but if i remember right didn't Sephiroth have ties to the ancients? if this is true then i would put the difference to that.
saying that, all my knowledge comes from completing crisis core, seeing the extended version of advent children and playing a certain amount of the original game on PC but not a lot of it, i haven't played it for a while so my memory may be a bit iffy.

Cloud that Tifa once knew was a regular soldier but the created Cloud from Hojo is one of a kind he was a mistake and wasn't givin a number so Yeah he is different because not any soldier could stop Sephiroth

Back