Christmas

Squid

Suck my dick.
Veteran
Gil
Wow it's like... not even two days until Christmas and there isn't even a Christmas thread on here. What even?

What are you doing for Christmas?

:toni:

Bugger all. The relatives have come and gone, and we never really do anything special for Christmas anyway. Just another day of the year, only with crapper than usual telly and presents :lew:

Nothing really. I'm back at my parents' for christmas but we don't go and see any other family and they don't come see us because we're the other side of the country.
The weather here seriously sucks as well. I haven't left the house since Friday and I probably won't until the next Friday because it's just freezing and really really rainy.
As for xmas itself, my family normally just roll out bed whenever, open our presents, sit and have some lunch, then my dad makes a massive christmas dinner for us. During christmas eve/day/boxing day we normally just sit around the house watching shit telly and films, and much the same at new year. I got invited out at new year but it's so expensive at that time of year I think I'll just stay in and watch a film with my parents... so hardcore.

We haven't got family around either. It really will be a bloody weird Christmas :/.
Still, a few presents will be going around and it should be fun enough. It'll be nice to have some quiet during my day off anyways.

i am having dinner with my dad his girlfriend and her kids. Its gunna be pretty strange christmas for me but il enjoy the meal im sure as long as my da isnt cooking! I wont be staying long as il be heading out in the town on christmas night with the better half a lot of my pals to do what i do best and get pished. I think my sisters boyfriend is gunna come out for a few drinks too. My sister wants me to get to know him better and he is 18 so he can buy me a pint!
If im in good shape for boxing day im gunna go into town and spend loads of money in the sales. I want a deep fat fryer so i dont have to keep using pans and i wanna get to HMV.

Oh aye and il eat loads of kilted sausages

Typical family things. Mom, her boyfriend, my aunt, and my fiancee. Small group of people this year.

I have a feeling shenanigans will be had, though. The mother is talking plenty of drinks.

We do the same thing every year. Although last year's Christmas was horrible because of an unexpected occurrence that will not be happening again. It still does not sound very exciting. Anyway, what we usually do is have two Christmas celebrations. Every year on the 24th (Christmas Eve), I go to my grandparents for a huge Christmas dinner along with the rest of the family. Yes, this does mean that the stooges will be there with their girlfriends. I despise my two uncle's girlfriends and to make matters worse I already heard they are both pregnant. At least one of my uncle’s is smart and has not bothered with women for a while now. So yeah, that really does piss me off. I know that they will split as usual.

My cousins will be there as usual and run around like crazy maniacs (yes, they always give me a headache). They actually came over this morning and made so much noise that I barely got any sleep. This resulted in me being angry with them. So yeah after the huge dinner, around 10 PM we open the presents. I am only expecting to get money because that is all I asked for. I really do not want anything else. The next day (Christmas), we usually have a special breakfast and then open the presents. After that, we pretty much enjoy whatever we got and then later on have another big dinner. This year is different because nobody feels like cooking and I am going to go to a friend's house instead. It sure does sound very boring to me but whatever.

I am going to save all the money I get and combine it with all my money in the bank and probably buy myself something nice when the Boxing Day sales start the next day. :lew:

After all that it will probably be a good time to start going back to work.

My boss was begging me to work, because some type of event that's going on. Way too many people to deal for only three hours of work.

I respectfully declined. I love my time off. :lew:

My family and I were going to head to Wales tomorrow to spend Christmas with the cousins, but terrible weather across the country might be preventing that from happening.

So I suppose I'll remain here with a few drinks at hand. I'm in charge of making dessert for Christmas Day, with a substantial probability for disaster. I'll spend Boxing Day in the stores as planned, but there's no way in hell I'm going to spend anything more than £40. >.>

Application and dissertation stuff can go to the back of my mind until afterwards - i.e. thinly-veiled procrastination.

This year's actually going to be kind of different for me in that everyone in my immediate family will be together at my parent's place. For my family that's kind of a big deal, since there's a lot of us and and some have kids of their own now. Yeah it'll be somewhat chaotic, but we're all pretty laid back kinda people so the real craziness will mostly come from the younger kids, and they can be herded outside to play in the snow, heh. Plus I actually happen to get a lot of time off from work over the holidays this year. So yeah, I'm actually looking forward to it!

Uh-oh, this year's Christmas is no fun at all. Everybody in my house is dealing with stomachache, including me, and my mom just can't go home today :( And now I'm alone, sitting in front of my laptop and strolling through some sites and forums. Killing boredom!

seeing how it's 4am... i will be sleeping all day. :grin: and i don't even give a crap, either. i'll wake for some turkey but then it's back to sleep for me. i'm not even close to being ready for a day like that and i'd rather sleep.

sniffing cleaning supplies in a walmart at 4 AM

I had a good christmas. I watched the Royal Tenebaums and ate some chicken sandwiches, with aioli and avocado. I also had a couple of glasses of whisky.

Back