Something i've always said about FFX in a picture...

I remember recruiting a bunch of randomers and winning- except for the one story-bound match. Wasn't that rigged to be extremely hard, or am I just recalling incorrectly?

You could also recruit Wakka later... I never did.

I remember recruiting a bunch of randomers and winning- except for the one story-bound match. Wasn't that rigged to be extremely hard, or am I just recalling incorrectly?

You could also recruit Wakka later... I never did.

Yeah the only game you had to play was the one in the storyline tournament which was insane. to win that you needed to have taught tidus the jecht shot on the boat to Luca or you had no real chance of scoring a goal. Plus the Aurochs keeper absolutely sucks so if either of the al bhed strikers managed to get a shot in it was definitely gonna be a goal.

That picture sure does make sense. It would probably be called FFX: Blitzball cup or something. Blitzball was there for a bit of fun when you were stuck on a boss or something. Oh yeah well except for that one time where they force you to play it.

I don't see why this wouldn't happen.

I got stuck on Yunalesca for months. I am sure you remember that :wacky: She was difficult for me.

Ive won that blitcball match every single time!

Yunalesca was horrible the first time playing through. It took me about a dozen attempts to beat her

Best FF sports game ever? Absolutely.

I love blitzball in X, so I'd be one of the suckers to buy this one. :lew:

Why am I the only person who doesn't give a shit about Blitzball?

And before anyone tells me I hate fun, I tried looking for the fun. I couldn't find the fun, just as I couldn't find the fun in watching that same damn cutscene before the Yunalesca fight a dozen times.

Besides, Square-Enix would sooner remake Blitzball as a shitty free-to-play mobile game for iOS and Android. You start with only generic and shite players. You want better ones? Fork out a quid each for a new, marginally better player. Get six new players for £5. Bargain.

I'm not asking for a complete remake but some more depth and balancing would have been nice. Like most of you said; if you win your first 10 games you've already got so much of an advantage due to XP bonus etc that you could keep the original Aurochs and dominate.

How the heck did this thread get so many replies so quickly? o_O;

This idea isn't horrible. I think it's quite possible. Just don't think I'd wanna spend much for it. Maybe release it as a digital add-on in addition to X & X-2 HD. xD More of a full-blown mini-game with advanced settings and more players. I'd love to play as Rikku! ;D (Or is that already possible? I really didn't play blitzball much in X, lol)

In all seriousness I don't think there's a lot more you can do with blitzball, you can hire players, play the game, win tournaments and things... there's not really a scope for a standalone game with added features. What features could you add?

But no, you can't play as Rikku. You can only play as Tidus and (I think) Wakka from the main party.

I say let Blitzball stay where it was. It was a cool mini-game, but I don't think it'd make sense as a game on its own. I played it a lot, but my main goal at the time was the jupiter sigil, not having fun (even though I did have some fun).
You couldn't hire Rikku... Only Brother.

I think some of you are missing the point. The image suggests its blitz ball game in the style of modern ea sports titles so- full real time etc. like FIFA but blitzball. 6 teams is hardly challenging..

logistically, how would you make the game work in a spherical stadium playing real-time? like how would you swim up and down and not just side to side? i suppose you could use the other analogue stick for that. that would be frustratingly confusing to start with :lew:

I played blitzball so much in FFX back in the day that eventually all the team players got mixed up. The Guado Gimps (or whatever they were called) were full of Ronso and Al Bhed players with a fat white man in goal. A bit like real football these days.

yeah same with me. :grin: - I can't wait for the re-release - i'm going to rinse blitzball so much.

Back