Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
ToZ-Announce-Logo.jpg

Namco Bandai has announced the next mothership title in the Tales Series. As people predicted by the trademarks, the name is Tales of Zestiria.

It is the 20th anniversary title in the Tales series and is said to go back to the roots of old tales games. The Zest in the title represents enthusiasm and passion. A Dragon is used as the main symbol in the title and is more than likely important in the story.

Two characters were unveiled during the reveal. The main character is a man who wields a ceremonial sword named Slay. The second character is a Princess Knight who wields a long spear as her weapon of choice. Her name is Alicia.

Slay is described as a "pure hearted" person who uses his mind to his advantage.

Like many Tales games, Zestiria will feature a war between two continents or Kingdoms. It will be similar to all Tales games as usual. One will want war, etc.

The game takes place on the continent Greenwood.

Tales-of-Zestiria_2013_12-12-13_001.jpg_600.jpg

Tales-of-Zestiria_2013_12-12-13_002.jpg_600.jpg

Tales-of-Zestiria_2013_12-12-13_003.png_600.jpg

TOZ will feature a grand storyline and will be the first tales game ever to have a worldwide release.

It will return to the fantasy setting Tales fans all love.

Tales has been anticipated by not only Japan, but overseas as well! This is why Hideo Baba feels that a worldwide release will be the perfect way to get everyone interested in Tales. This is very good for the series in general.

He says, "This is Tales of!" Perhaps he means that Tales will be going back to something similar like Symphonia?

No release date has been announced for either continent.

ToZ-Jump-Kazu_12-17.jpg

Source: 1 2 3

I thought it would be on ps4. I guess I have more time to keep my ps3 now that I know the next tales will be staying on that. There could be a possible ps4 version along the way but only time can tell. Anyhow, this really excites me given that I am a huge fan of this series. Anything going back to the original tales roots is good in my book. Does anyone else like the style? It looked a bit like Vesperia to me at first.

Oh woooow, I loves me a bit of Tales, so this is gonna be something to look forward to. Is there a release date yet?

Also, Greenwood. Just sayin' :yay:

They had to ruin the female character's design there. Otherwise it was looking really good, because initially I thought they'd finally designed a young woman who is SENSIBLY dressed and armoured up in the right places! Oh well, still leagues better than the dreck that someone like whatshername - Milla was wearing.

The male character (Slay's a crap name) looks so generic and bland that it hurts.

But the game itself sounds okay so far. A scope for exploration and decent looking combat. Only problem is that bit in the trailer of the big empty green field. I don't want to see huge empty green fields. If you can't make large maps with interesting things and vistas populating it, I'd rather you don't bother. But I hope they can do it, because on paper this should be the most interesting Tales so far.

Come on, come all, for yet another Tales game! The Tales series has been sliding further and further into mediocrity with each instalment, and I hold out very little hope for this one. They've been rehashing the same story and character tropes since before Symphonia - the one almost everyone, me included, considers to be the good/best one - so I doubt it'll be any different this time around. Slay already looks like the illegitimate love child of Karol Capel and Flynn Scifo, and if past female protagonists are anything to go by, Alicia will either be painfully weak-willed or thoroughly obnoxious. I don't know why I keep buying these games...because the alternative is things like FFXIII, I suppose, and I need a comfortable middle ground between an Atelier game and an NIS grindfest.

It also does look far too much like Vesperia for my taste in terms of art style and character design...and Vesperia was a directionless mess. The final boss was a Sephioth clone, for crying out loud. Not off to a good start here...although the worldwide release bit gets a thumbs-up from me. I'm more than a little sick of being eternally shafted by Namco Bandai, so this is a welcome change...plus it means the possibility of four Tales games in 2014, since Chronicles and Xillia 2 (which, despite the disappointment of the first game, has earned purchase status with me, because Crispin Freeman is voicing the protagonist) are due out...hurrah.

zestirialogo.jpg

After a long silence, we're finally getting new Tales of Zestiria info! A new scan from Jump reveals a new character: Mikulio.

Mikulio
( ミクリオ, mikurio, romanization not yet official) - designed by Mutsumi Inomata, voiced by Ryouta Ohsaka.

"Slay is that kind of guy. Even as his childhood friend, it's agitating to watch him."

Mikulio is Slay's/Thray's best friend who is in fact, one of the Divine (please read here for information about the Divine and whatnot). He's 165cm tall and his weapon is a long staff. He is Slay's childhood friend and also his rival, and is calm and composed guy as compared to Slay. Since Mikulio is one of the Divine, he is actually invisible to normal people, and only Slay can see him. His artes seem to be focused on water.

The scan also mentions that Slay actually lives with the Divine, as well?

Scan from @kazu4281.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1204

TalesofZestiria-ds1-670x378-constrain.jpg

PS4/PC Version of Tales of Zestiria Briefly Appears on Bandai Namco Asia Site

ndai Namco Asia’s official site briefly leaked the PS4 and PC versions of Tales of Zestiria before being taken down. The release date was also revealed to be October 16th. You can check out the screenshot of the leak below (thanks to NeoGAF user LuuKyK for the image):

Tales-of-Zestiria2.jpg

Going to the site now will simply display the PS3 version and a release window of Autumn 2015.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06...ria-briefly-appears-on-bandai-namco-asia-site

I'm really digging the fact that JRPGs are starting to hit PC more and more. They were about the only genre of games that made me actually miss consoles, and with the Japanese getting more and more comfortable with it, it's more sells for them, more games for me. As the days go on, I get happier and happier that I'm part of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.

That being said, I'm also a bit interested in Zestiria. Seems like it could be rather good. However, I haven't play a Tales game since Tales of the Abyss. Have they been getting better or worse quality over the years?

All I know about Zestiria (based on what people have said about the Japanese release) is that it runs like crap on the PS3 with intermittent stuttering and general subpar technical performance. The whole Alisha controversy aside, the game has large, open fields that are basically full of nothing, with pricey teleportation costs on top of that. AA is sorely needed and it's an ocean of flat textures, along with uninspired and dreary towns. The combat is standard for Tales at this stage, though I've heard people complain about the poorly executed auxiliary system and how the notion of progress is very limited in scope, thus betraying the sense of control you have over character customisation. Story stalls at some point and never genuinely pays off.

So all in all, sounds like a half-arsed game that also happened to piss off Japan. I imagine there is still plenty of fun to be derived from it, but you should expect something painfully average. But hey, at least it hopefully won't run like complete arse on PC, if indeed it is coming to PS4 and PC.

Oh boy, if the game performs like ass on the system it was made for, the PC port, if there really is one, is going to be fucking garbage. Welp, there goes all my hope for the game being good.

PS4? Hmm, the system needs more JRPGs for sure. Wasn't going to get this one, but I might if it releases on PS4. I do still have my PS3 and don't plan on parting with it anytime soon, but if I get a new Tales game on that system it will be Xillia 2, which I have yet to play even though I enjoyed Xillia. I'm more interested in the new Tales of Berseria game that was announced than Zesteria. Zesteria just looks rather...generic. A PC port is likely to be shoddy, but it's good that it will most likely be coming to the platform at all.

Tales of Zestiria Announced For PC And PlayStation 4

Tales of Zestiria is coming to PC and PlayStation 4 in addition to PlayStation 3, Bandai Namco have announced.

The game will be available on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on October 16th across Europe, Australasia, and the Middle-East. The PC release (via Steam) will be available on October 20th.

“The Tales of series continues to connect with RPG fans searching for a pure Japanese role-playing experience,” Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of Marketing & Digital at Bandai Namco Europe said.

“With the high adoption rate of the current generation of consoles and continued popularity of the PC platform, we are more than excited to be able to port Tales of Zestiria to the PlayStation 4 system and Steam exclusively for Western fans across the Americas and Europe. Players will now be able to choose which platform they want to experience the Tales of Zestiria adventure on!”

http://mobile.siliconera.com/home/2015-06-12-tales-of-zestiria-announced-for-pc-and-playstation-4#3

Tales of Zestiria PC System Requirements Revealed

Tales of Zestiria is coming to PC via Steam on October 20th, and the game’s Steam page lists its system requirements.

Since we’re still a few months from release, there’s a chance these may not be the finalized requirements, but for now they’re all we have to go on. Check them out:

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 2.6GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4830
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 12 GB available space
Additional Notes: Gamepad support

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti / AMD Radeon HD 7850
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 12 GB available space
Additional Notes: Gamepad support
We’ll keep an eye on the PC version of Tales of Zestiria and share updates should new information regarding the PC port surface within the next few months.

mobile.siliconera.com/home/2015-06-14-tales-of-zestiria-pc-system-requirements-revealed#3

Tales of Zestiria Collector’s Edition Announced For North America

Bandai Namco have announced a collector’s edition for Tales of Zestiria in North America for collector’s edition will cost $129.95 and will include the following items:

Steelbook case
Premium box packaging
A copy of the game
Chibi Kyun Chara figure set
A DLC pack
Tales of Zestiria hardcover art book
Three Tales of Zestiria pixel-styled character key chains
Tales of Zestiria 40-minute “Dawn of the Shepherd” OVA anime Blu-ray disc
Tales of Zestiria will be available on October 20th in North America. You can pre-order the collector’s edition on Namco’s website.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/home/2...lectors-edition-announced-for-north-america#2

Got to say after getting a copy myself some what recently about December or so of last year if I recall, I could have waited a little longer on getting this. While haven't beat it yet because of my ps3 crashing on me and having to do a factory reset so I lost all save data on all my games, some of this game was a small let down. Maybe it's the fact that you don't seem to have a wide diverse set of characters, or that they don't have as much utility as you did in past games. I also think it boils down to the games rule of 2 humans and 2 seraphs, so you don't have dedicated roles for them as bar the elements they can pretty much do the same thing all around. Besides being limited in the combat like that I have enjoyed the game for everything else and some of the unique combat aspects like switching serpahs mid battle. Those little nimos or w/e you had to find, and how the characters can learn some of the other support skills.

While it seemed to step in some good directions on some aspects, it certainly went back on more to me.

Back