PC The First Final Fantasy Fantastic Forum Free For All

iSmiff

Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Divinus Smifficus
FFXIV Server
Lamia
This is more of a First Final Fantasy Fantastic Forum Free For All feeler if you will; (and yes the title is a work in progress - not enough f's if you ask me..)

Basically me and Pockets were just kind of randomly chatting about spare games we had and I mentioned it would be awesome to perhaps start a couple of tournaments where we provide some of the prizes. There were a number of issues that we've ran into so far; so bare with me as I try to justify some decisions in the logic.

Due to the Xbox v PS3 issue we've decided that any games would, initially anyway - just to test the formats of any tournaments (like League tables or knockout brackets) would be played on the PC. This immediately limits some of the titles which are available for selection.

Just browsing my own personal Library on steam there is only really 5 or 6 (Counter Strike: Source/Global Offensive, Civ V, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Age Of Empires 2 HD, Blood Bowl & Dota 2) titles that would suit a tournament format. My only previous experience with tournaments however have been console titles such as FIFA & Guitar Hero/Rock Band but I could see how competitions could easily be set up on the above titles.

This is just to kind of gauge interest really - The Steam Xmas Sale is due to begin at 6pm GMT so now would be a perfect time to update your wishlists and stock up on cheap, fun games that could be used for such tournaments.

I'd love to hear any other titles that can be used for MP Tournaments & any other ideas will be appreciated too.

Back