Combo Posting

Noblesse Oblige

The Dawn of a New Chronicle
Veteran
Gil
Hey everyone, Noblesse Oblige here with a little RP PSA on Combo Posting.

Combo Posting is the concept of multiple RP'ers working together to make one post. This idea works well when people are already engaged in a party, and thus helps to streamline the time it takes to wait for people to post, as well as move the RP along at a quick pace.

This concept I have discovered last month when I was RP'ing on another forum, and I figured I should share the concept with fellow RPers on the site.

For this to work, you must have the following:
-A Google E-Mail account to have access to Google Docs. (mine is noblesseoblige52@gmail.com)

-An Instant Messaging site (For me, I use Skype. Skype is kevin.mcintosh82 )

How to go about this:
-Open up a Word Document through Google Docs (On the Google Page after you signed in, click on the nine boxes on the top right and then click on Drive. Then when you get to the drive, click Create, and then click on Document. (If you have a document made already, have the cursor at the very top of the page and then go to Insert-> Page Break. That way the current post you are posting would be at the top of the page and easily accessible to people who are going to be combo-posting with you.)

-Make sure that the Word Document can be viewed and edited by you and anyone else who can get access to it. To do this, click on Share and then on the area where it says "who has access", change from Private to anyone with the link, and on the drop down box, change from "can view" to "can edit."

-Send the link of your document to whoever you will be comboing with. It is especially helpful to do it via PM or through IM systems such as AIM or Skype. Before you start making the responses for the Combo Post you must state in OOC (in parentheses) that it is a combo post involving whichever characters the RPers will be using. (This way people would not accuse you of godmodding other characters.) Once that is done you can start making your replies, and that is where Skype is important (I do not recommend doing this in the Shoutbox unless you are doing it through PM, and that is generally unwieldy when more than two people are doing a combo.) When you are finished with your response, you can shout this to the next person in the party so they can respond.

And that's it...with this knowledge on hand, I'd like to see what combo posts can do to benefit RP's.

-Noblesse Oblige

Back