What if FFVI Remake is Final Fantasy XVI

yaragad

Gil
Final Fantasy 16 should be a Final Fantasy 6 Remake.
What do you think? Would be great a Final Fantasy XVI for PS4
Look at this conceptual example.

There is also a Fan Remake BSO than can fix perfectly with the game (Balance and Ruin by OverClocked Remix). No need to remix the music again, as this one is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKa47K1Rcbo

sounds like trolling. if you knw anything about ff is that each game is a new series. no remake ever be rebranded as a new ff title.

He's right, no Final Fantasy remake will be renumbered... If anything, yeah I'd like to see VI remade for the PS4, but I would never waste a new number for a remake.

*Thread title changed to avoid misleading members*

Who could say with Square anymore. They made a game related to FF13 into FF15 (Versus 13), so they could well do this. Having said this, Square hasn't been one to give the fanbase what they want lately either. They know fully well we want a remake or two, and have even responded to the fans ' ideas, but they haven't done anything about it.

The fact that there is now a version of FF6 on the iphone (or some other new fangled device that the whippersnappers use nowadays) probably suggests that there won't be a remake anytime soon.

I'd love for it to happen though :)

As much as a Final Fantasy 6 remake would be amazing sauce, FF 16 should be FF 16

A FF 6 PS4 remake or 3 DS remake would be a dream come true.

A PS4 remake would be a huge undertaking. If they went down that road, I think they're far more likely to do FF7 as it already has, in principle, a full 3D world that's been designed for it. I think they probably lost the model data (or they would've made an HD re-release by now) but they could still use the original artwork as a guideline. That'd be a lot easier than creating FF6 in full 3D.

Who could say with Square anymore. They made a game related to FF13 into FF15 (Versus 13), so they could well do this.
Difference being that was done during the development stages so its easy to get away with it. However remaking an already existing title and just giving it a new number would be a lame move. If it ever is to be remade it'll probably remain Final Fantasy VI or Final Fantasy VI: *Insert sub-title here*. FFXVI is likely to be a stand alone title just like any other of the main series of games.

Back