2014 FIFA World Cup Final Draw

Skyy

ShinRa Guard
Gil
The 2014 FIFA World Cup final draw will take place in less than 30 minutes. This is the time in which all 32 teams are split among 8 groups that will consist of 4 teams each. Each team will play each other once to determine who will advance in the tournament based on an accumulated point system based on wins, losses and draws.

There are four pots of teams in which the teams will be pulled from to randomly create the 8 groups.

The Pots:

Pot 1
Brazil
Spain
Germany
Argentina
Colombia
Belgium
Uruguay
Switzerland

Pot 2
Ivory Coast
Ghana
Algeria
Nigeria
Cameroon
Chile
Ecuador

Pot 3
Japan
Iran
South Korea
Australia
United States
Mexico
Costa Rica
Honduras

Pot 4
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Croatia
England
France
Greece
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Russia

I am a big USA fan and I'll be following them the whole way so I am super excited for this draw, but nervous at the same time considering who they could end up having to play in the opening group stages.

Are you guys excited for the World Cup? Who're you cheering for?

*After the draw I will post the results*

So we have our groups!

Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon
Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia
Group C: Colombia, Greece, The Ivory Coast, Japan
Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy
Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras
Group F: Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria
Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA
Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea

Unfortunately, as a USA fan, I'm nervous because our group is extremely strong, but I also believe we can still win. Ghana has it coming vs us for the past two world cups, they have been a thorn in our side. Germany is a great team, that we'll have to be careful of, but we've slayed giants before and we beat Portugal once in a world cup group match, we can do it again!

Thoughts anyone?

I would have liked to see England in group B instead of Australia so that they could have lost every match in the World Cup, unfortunately they'll probably get a couple of draws, but I expect them to not get past the group stage.
Although I want England and Australia to swap groups, I am very happy that australia will lose every game.

I would have liked to see England in group B instead of Australia so that they could have lost every match in the World Cup, unfortunately they'll probably get a couple of draws, but I expect them to not get past the group stage.
Although I want England and Australia to swap groups, I am very happy that australia will lose every game.

I take it you don't like either of them? haha Why is that?
WHO do you like?

A, B, D & G are really tough groups. I think the USA have a massive task ahead of them to escape that group.

Germany will win all 3 of their group games, Ghana shouldn't be underestimated and if Portugal turn up they are the kind of team who score for fun IF & when they finally arrive at these tournaments.

In regards to England i'd expect them to escape the group, perhaps in 2nd depending how the first game goes against italy

I take it you don't like either of them? haha Why is that?
WHO do you like?

My country has sporting rivalries with both those countries and I often take pleasure in watching them lose. Since my country will not be in the World Cup thanks to the Mexicans claiming an unbelievably lucky 9-3 aggregate victory in the play-offs, the only countries I feel strongly about are ones I feel negatively towards.

i think england's progression depends entirely on that first game against italy. obviously they put us out of the euros last year, but they are still a vulnerable side with glaring weaknesses at the back. i can't see andrea pirlo putting in the same performance as last year, which is what beat us in the end really. uruguay will also be a tough match, but again they are a bit weak in defence so we need to exploit that with pacey players like sturridge and walcott. hopefully luis suarez decides to try and eat someone again just before the world cup and gets banned. :ohoho:

i still think brazil's home advantage will see them all the way through, but of course a lot of the south american teams should flourish at this tournament. i can see japan having a good one, too.

I'm not happy about England's draw but I'm feeling confident about Brazil. I think England have a chance to qualify, Italy went out of the group stages last WC and if they have a similarly slow start England can definitely qualify, perhaps even top of the group. Brazil tend to qualify top of any group they're put in and their quality and home advantage should see them through as group winners and maybe even champions. I think the USA have been put into the group of death, Germany and Portugal will qualify from that group in my opinion. Ghana tend to be a bit hit and miss sometimes they'll do well other times it looks like they've never played with one another. They could qualify but I don't think they will with that draw. A lot can change over the course of a season though so you never know!

My country has sporting rivalries with both those countries and I often take pleasure in watching them lose. Since my country will not be in the World Cup thanks to the Mexicans claiming an unbelievably lucky 9-3 aggregate victory in the play-offs, the only countries I feel strongly about are ones I feel negatively towards.

Ah alright. Now I see. So will you be cheering against Mexico as well?

Back