HD version?

Ah, yes, I found the information. Just so I know that I'm not crazy. :lew: But I guess it's just Quickenings that have their own Mist Charge gauge.

From the FF Wikia:
I guess the Developers chose to make Quickenings more usefull now that you don't have to worried about runing out of MP or been silenced at all.

I guess the Developers chose to make Quickenings more usefull now that you don't have to worried about runing out of MP or been silenced at all.

True, though there are exceptions. Many of the late/post game boss strategies relied on the use of Quickenings specifically being tied to MP. Many of them liked to use an attack (I believe it's called Invert), which swapped your current MP with your current HP. This usually instantly filled your MP, but also put you into critical health status. This was intentional so that you never really ran out of MP, and the critical health was never really an issue. But it also meant that you could rely on Quickenings as a main form of attack during those battles. If Mist Charges are no longer tied to MP, and are no longer charged with Invert, those battles might have just gotten a lot tougher... or at very least, a lot longer.

Literally just remembered, but I believe players can control summons/Espers manually in IZJS. (I think this would be neat for, say, Zodiark and its Final Eclipse attack; no charge time, if I remember right.) It goes without saying that it'd just be convenient overall, to have that freedom to control any units (or maybe almost any units) that come into the party.

Also, summons seem to be more "beefed up" with other abilities that aren't given in the regular version.

Literally just remembered, but I believe players can control summons/Espers manually in IZJS. (I think this would be neat for, say, Zodiark and its Final Eclipse attack; no charge time, if I remember right.) It goes without saying that it'd just be convenient overall, to have that freedom to control any units (or maybe almost any units) that come into the party.

Also, summons seem to be more "beefed up" with other abilities that aren't given in the regular version.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that too! Maybe that means summons will be useful now (oooooh burn!!!).

The reason why Square Enix added that option is because they want the game to feel more realistic by controlling the Espers manually. It will also give the player a whole new experience by doing so. The developers wants a game to be successfully entertaining and attractive, and that is what they are doing with Final Fantasy XII: A Zodiac Age.

I wonder how much balancing will be done with the enemies' AI. In my opinion, it wasn't the greatest in the original game; same with the guests, to a smaller degree.

I was ecstatic when I heard they were doing an HD remaster of IZJS.

XII has a special place in my little ol' heart. It's such an underrated gem.

Anywho, I do know the development team is considering some adjustments:
-Difficulty is supposed to be a bit easier.
-Possible addition of switching jobs (or having a sub job ala Tactics).
-Small stat tweaks for characters.
-Perhaps a few new gambits.
-Rumored 13th job representing Ophiuchus (doubtful but...).

Either way, it will be a day 1 purchase for moi.

No big opinions formed as of now, I'm just really hoping that this remaster revives the fandom a bit the way the X/X-2 remaster did for its fandom. I love when old fans are resurrected, and new fans are introduced. Even if it's short-lived, it's nice to at least pull something like this into present times. FFXII still holds up today, and I love the direction SE took with it, even if most of the fans didn't.

I'm really happy to see a remaster of the graphics though! They are pretty brutal on PS2. I remember being blown away by it too lol

I actually can't wait to play this game. FFXII is perhaps, apart from III and V, the only FF game that I haven't played multiple times. I think I was like... 14 the last time I played it and didn't really appreciate it. I think it'll have aged like a fine wine. I hope Fran's accent is as delicious as I remember.

I didn't play with FFXII, but I'm really interested in it! I just don't really know which version I should play. (I always prefer the original/older if possible, especially in this case, because I'm finally able to play my PS2 games on HDTV thanks to my new component cable, and... I don't even have PS4. xD)

I won't start playing this title soon, so I think I will wait for the reviews of this new version and also read opinions about the PS2 game (I also plan to buy a PS4).

To be honest I really appreciate HD graphics, but somehow thinking about playing it on PS2 makes me feel relaxed and excited in the same time. I haven't played on PS2 for a really long time (since 2008-9) and I really would like to start playing on it again. >////< I do believe if I play a game like it was played when it was released I can feel the athmosphere of that game and age. I love this nostalgic-kinda feeling~
But I would lie if I said that I wouldn't enjoy it more with better graphics and other modern aspects. And I'm afraid that this new version will have more story/anything plus compared to the original and if I play the original game I also "have to" play the new one to know the full story.

All in all, I don't really know what to think about it.^^"
What do you think? I would love to hear your opinion!
(And also if you have information about whether this new version will have added content or just minor changes.)

Back