The Amazing Spider-Man 2

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Here's the first of many trailers to come, I'm sure.

What do you guys think? Too many bad guys? Haha. :lew:

:lew: According to rumours from friends, three will have more.

They're apparently aiming for a "Sinister Six" set. That could be interesting.

But, I definitely prefer spideys new look. The ASM suit was cool... But this one is even more comic-esque... And that makes me a happy Cookie.

Though...I'm not sure who the hell is the big bad in this film. Electro? Goblin?! I was looking forward to seeing Jamie Foxx in the main antagonist role...:sad3:

Nevertheless, I cannot wait for this!

electro is the big bad for it as far as i understand. i think the goblin is a set up for 3.

i rewatched the first one quite recently and realised that it actually isn't all that. it was far too samey to sam raimi's original and that spoiled it a lot. hopefully with different villains we'll see something new for the character, as well as finally get the untold story we were promised with the last one.

at 1:17, on the right hand side, is that supposed be doc oc's arm thingy?

at 1:17, on the right hand side, is that supposed be doc oc's arm thingy?

It looks like Doc Oc's arms, and to the left of that it looks like the Vulture's wings.

It certainly looks as if they are setting up a Sinister Six villain team here... There were 6 doors in the trailer at 1.22. If that means anything, that is.

But if we have Electro, Rhino, Goblin, (Doctor Octopus), (Vulture), then that leaves only one more space to fill.

I don't know how likely it is we'll get to see 6 villains in this movie, or if it is setting it up for the future... If at all..

Personally I thought the first film was much better than the earlier Spiderman movies, and I look forward to seeing this one too. Hopefully the villains will be linked, i.e like in a Sinister Six sort of way, rather than having 3 or more relatively separate plotlines squeezed into one movie (which is where Spiderman 3 struggled).

:hmmm: I think a Spiderman Universe could be a double edged sword. It'd be interesting to see them go into detail with a specific heroes rogue gallery and so forth, but there's only so far you can go. The Marvel cine-verse can work because of the various heroes involved: "Sick of Iron-man? Go see THOR!!!"

With it all being central to spidey, there's not as much space to move.

I reckon it'd be hard to market these other films. Some of the violence in these films are hard to swing for parents as is.

Though, I am delighted Venom is going to get another go in film. Spiderman 3 didn't do him justice, me thinks. Though... The fact that the brilliant screenwriters of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is reason enough to not get overly optimistic for it.

I wonder if he'll be homosexual by ASM 4 though. :hmmm:

Back