iSmiff

Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Divinus Smifficus
FFXIV Server
Lamia
BavMWOPCUAAxKqp.png

Following the success of the FFVII PC & subsequent Steam release it looks like Square have followed suit with FFVIII. Although arguably not as popular I still this will sell well and can see them releasing IX on steam soon; although why these games were not released earlier like VII was with it's own standalone Square-enix client is beyond me.

Will we see X (or HD?) on Steam? Probably not, but I wouldn't rule it out.

FFVIII is available for £9.99 and I'd imagine $12.99
But i'd advise anyone who isn't desperate to replay it again to wait until the sales where I imagine it will go half price over Christmas, or atleast a third off.

VII also includes Chocobo world, which was unavailable to Western players previously (source:https://twitter.com/SQUARE_ENIX_EU/status/408648042938523648)

Not surprised to see this. This was actually listed in a Steam database alongside FFVII before FFVII was made available. Many thought both would be made available simultaneously, but as usual, SE remain fickle, as is their MO when it comes to new fandangled Western contraptions like Steam. Still waiting for FFIX to be mentioned in a database update somewhere before I get sufficiently excited enough to spunk £10 on a dead-in-the-water franchise.

Just a heads up that supposedly the music in Steam's FFVIII has a midi-like sound quality comparable to that of the original PC version.

Not sure if anyone is particular about the music, but apparently there are mods available to make it orchestrated, which I think is pretty neat. ^^

Just a heads up that supposedly the music in Steam's FFVIII has a midi-like sound quality comparable to that of the original PC version.

Not sure if anyone is particular about the music, but apparently there are mods available to make it orchestrated, which I think is pretty neat. ^^

It was just like what it was with the FF7 steam version until an update came out making the tracks the PS1 versions of the game. So I am hoping this is going to happen for this one as well.

Chanteru .Mosh Aye, Same with the Standalone Square-Enix Version of FFVII - which is outrageous to be honest; they were fucking awful to listen to

I Remember getting up the OST on youtube for ff7 and listening to that on each corresponding screen with the correct theme.. Not sure I could manage that on FF8 - I'd struggle in the late game. FF7 is sad enough as is :P

@Chanteru @.Mosh Aye, Same with the Standalone Square-Enix Version of FFVII - which is outrageous to be honest; they were fucking awful to listen to

I Remember getting up the OST on youtube for ff7 and listening to that on each corresponding screen with the correct theme.. Not sure I could manage that on FF8 - I'd struggle in the late game. FF7 is sad enough as is :P
If they can manage to update ff7 on steam with the correct OST then FF8 should be launching with the correct music from the get to. It can be that hard to put in mp3 files instead of midi. I'm looking to see if FF9 comes to steam as I would love that title on my computer for let's plays etc

If they can manage to update ff7 on steam with the correct OST then FF8 should be launching with the correct music from the get to. It can be that hard to put in mp3 files instead of midi. I'm looking to see if FF9 comes to steam as I would love that title on my computer for let's plays etc

They saw the outrage on ff7 so why they proceeded to do it with ff8 is stupid. You'd HOPE they learn their lesson with 9 but it wouldnt surprise me if they didnt..

Back