Help Can't climb the ladder to get to the item box at the Shinra cargo ship

sydneyphoenix

Gil
Hey, I've just started playing FFVII (on PC, bought from Steam) and got to the Shinra cargo ship chapter, leaving from Junon. Near the end of that episode, Cloud and co break into the room previously blocked by the security guard. Everyone's dead in that room other than one person in red cloak, who turns out to be Jenova in birth form-which I managed to clear with help from global heal.

However near the entrance to that room is a ladder which appears to lead to the mystery box on the other side, which you can see but not reach directly without climbing the stairs. I understand this box contains a new weapon for Yuffie, who is in my party. The thing is, I've been trying for more than half an hour trying to climb the ladder, but unlike other ladders, Cloud wouldn't start climbing no matter where I press "OK" button. I even tried trying to climb next to the shadow cast of the ladder, to no results. Is there a known bug (perhaps peculiar to the PC version) that prevents people from climbing the ladder, or have people found a particular position near the ladder to work best in terms of climbing this thing? I have a separate save just before entering this room, and would like to get back and get this item if possible. Any help will be appreciated!

Maybe you need to press the up arrow while pressing the OK button to climb that ladder. Try to get as close as possible to the ladder and try it out. If that doesn't work then it must be some kind of a glitch or something. I never had a problem on that part of the game when I was playing it on the PC version on my labtop. Let us know if you are still having problem.

There's a similar problem when you play Finaru Fantaji 7aru on pee edds 3. You might find using the default 'okay' button works.

My advice, press "select" key (whatever that may be on the PC) and see where the green arrow is, usually if you under that green arrow and facing the ladder it will let you climb it. (sorry for the short answer, but I think this should be able to let you do it.)

Thank you all. After another crack at it, finally figured it out-somehow works if you try to climb it from behind the ladder rather than from in front-I don't know how it works in logical sense, but ah well. Thanks for all the advices!

Thank you all. After another crack at it, finally figured it out-somehow works if you try to climb it from behind the ladder rather than from in front-I don't know how it works in logical sense, but ah well. Thanks for all the advices!
No problem at all. We are here to help you out. If you have any other problems or need some help let us know.

Back