The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Sprout , Kirito - Didn't see a thread for this, but feel free to merge if there is. Thanks.

hunger_games_catching_fire_motion_poster.jpg

I've heard the audio book while on vacation in July, so I'm a tad eager to see how the film is tonight. Apparently, it's more than triumphant with both critics and normal viewers, so there's more incentive.

Anyone else plan on catching this one?

Saw it earlier today. It's very good! Haven't actually read the books, so I watched both films not expecting anything, but I think I'll grab them at Amazon soon.

Film was beautiful, really. Jennifer Lawrence's acting has improved since the first film (not that she wasn't great then, either). With her excellent performance, the plot was twice as interesting, so I was really happy with the character portrayal. The story builds up quite well throughout the film, though I thought it dragged a bit on some parts. But it never bored me even for a minute, so it's all good. I thought Catching Fire was actually better than the first movie, and I loved the first film. The fears of a dystopian future is never far from the mind, and that was captured well here.

My only gripe is the abrupt ending. It was a bit too brief for my liking.

i'm contemplating watching it today, but probably won't. i didn't love the first one; i thought for a film that took itself so seriously, there were major flaws with the entire premise, and if i'm sat questioning that while watching a film then i'm not going to enjoy it. if anything it put me off reading the books after i saw the first one. still though, it's a major blockbuster (i think it set the record for best november opening) and it's probably worth seeing just for that

I didn't have a particularly positive impression of the first movie. I forget if I read the series first or read it after the first movie, but that first movie... It's funny, really. :lew: It was filled with so many close-up shots of Katniss! Too many that it started to get really hilarious after a while. It'll be like, she spots a prey/target/whatever and then she slowly draws her bow... The camera zooms on her face... Closer... On her eyes.... Her cheeks... LOL. It's probably an artistic direction or whatnot, but it made me more amused than impressed in the long run.

Aside from that, I recall they left out some details as always (understandable, I suppose; or maybe I'm mistaken, can't remember now). But it felt to me when I watched it that I remember more of those close-ups than anything else. Something I'll hope to avoid having to see this round. If my family invites me or some of my friends are keen, I'll probably go catch it in theatres as well. Not particularly self-motivated with this one, this time round.

It's a good movie, but I wouldn't call it astounding or anything. In fact, I think I favor the first one more. I'd still recommend the fans to see it, though.

They left quite a few things out from the book, and changed some things too. I guess it's to be expected, but there is one thing that I definitely feel deserved even a 2 or 3 minute slot.

i actually slightly preferred it to the first one. now that i've gotten over the ridiculousness of the premise i feel that i can enjoy it a bit more. of course it fell into various clichés throughout but they were mostly forgivable.

Great movie seen it three times already. Loved it way more than the first. Just enjoy it for what it is a great sci-fi/fantasy movie. Actually there's not a bit fantasy in it. Its all sci-fi :hmmm: meh who cares..

And yes this thread was started already -> http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/57574-catching-fire!!!

Back