Midgar Zolem

Ultimaja

Banned
Marvin the Martian's Marvelous Manufactory, Mars
Gil
THAT MOTHERFUCKER

flings out the character holding Enemy Skill 99% of the time, which in turn makes Beta a reward for not *turning the FF disc into a frisbee*

I want to punch whoever designed the Midgar Zolem in his face.

UPDATE:
The Zolem will fling out the character who last attacks it after about 2/3 of it's HP is gone.

It may seem arbitrary, but this is how I figured it out:
With Enemy Skill attached to Red XIII, I was using his Aqualung to knock down the Zolem's HP quickly so that it would hurry up and cast Beta. I noticed that it was always after casting the skill that he would do it, about 2/3rds in.
I figured I'd have the other two characters hack at it, and voila! *Goodbye Cloud*. Red XIII intercepts the Beta and it's game.

So if anyone has ever been through this trouble, there is actually a technique to this endeavor.

P.S. Zolem designer is still a douche

Last edited:
Yesterday I had the excact same problem. It worked when I didn't attack with Cloud who had the enemy skills. He also had a Fire Ring to withstand Beta.

The Midgar Zolem was a source a much stress and anxiety when I first played FFVII. Pretty scary for a 7 year old girl, lol.

I learned over the years to just GTFO of there and zoom into the cave with the chocobo. Then slaughter the beast when I became much stronger just for silly revenge.

I never paid much attention to Enemy Skills, so I'm sure I never got his. xD

I want to punch whoever designed the Midgar Zolem in his face.

I thought I already replied to this but clearly not :P

I like the fact that the Midgar Zolem is so tough so early on; I think it really puts in to perspective the power of Sephiroth :mokken:

It taught me a lesson about saving regularly, too :cry:

I always skipped it till late game till i watched Garland's video on beating it at a lower level , now i just kick it's ass every time for eternal revenge, mwuahahaha :D

I always skipped it till late game till i watched Garland's video on beating it at a lower level , now i just kick it's ass every time for eternal revenge, mwuahahaha :D

Once getting the buggy after Barret's fight with Dyne, I went back and get the Aqualung from some enemy in the desert and Beta from the Zolem. You can take the buggy to Costa Del Sol and take it on the ship to the other continent- something that out of all the times I've played through the game, this last was when I found out.

In the Nibel mountains not too far further, you can get Trine from the boss. Aqualung (Water), Beta (Fire), and Trine (Lightning) are powerful as shit for the majority of the game, and are nice to have early on.

I was able to escape the zolem without a chocobo.

I didn't nothing special to achieve it. It was pure luck.

I remember going on a huge campaign to beat him, while I was level 20. Everytime I thought I was close, he wipes my party with beta. Getting hit with that enough times sunk in that I just can't beat him til much later.

I will respect everyone with an opinion about this shifty reptilian. He has no scruples regarding the unfair tactics of the "Knock Off" fling he provides in order to reduce the pressure from our team. Also, tell him not to Beta when it seems like you're struggling to maintain your HP, do you think he'll listen? Pray as much as you'd like, he'll become a source of nightmare for you. Another emotional scar to consider, another twisted reason to save constantly :P But, I will praise the fellow who was underhanded enough to program this obstacle. It is just one more side-quests designed for us, the adored fans who go out of our way to play and enjoy the game. (Maybe fighting him for the first time is nightmare-ish, but he's something to remember. Big ups to the existence of our good chum, the Midgar Zolom.

Back