The big Chocobo question

Kweh or Wark?

• Kweh

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Wark

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I don't know which one they sound, but "kweh" sounds more like something a bird would do. "Wark" is just ugly and weird for a chocobo to me.

Y'know what the issue is? The only sound-bite I've heard from a chocobo is "WARK." I mean, what does "KWEH" really sound like? The only other noises the chocobo makes sounds nothing like KWEH, but rather very high pitch whistle sounds.

Chocobos both WARK and KWEH depending on their mood.
KWEH = happy/neutral
WARK = pissed off or ready for action

HOWEVER - chocobos mostly go "KWEH."

So, KWEH! :chocobo:
in ff7, when you win a race they wark. presumably they're happy when they win race, which completely dispels that theory.

in ff7, when you win a race they wark. presumably they're happy when they win race, which completely dispels that theory.

That's not a WARK, that's more of a random whistling that sounds more like WHOOPIE WOO than WARK.

Y'know what the issue is? The only sound-bite I've heard from a chocobo is "WARK." I mean, what does "KWEH" really sound like? The only other noises the chocobo makes sounds nothing like KWEH, but rather very high pitch whistle sounds.

Chocobos both WARK and KWEH depending on their mood.
KWEH = happy/neutral
WARK = pissed off or ready for action

HOWEVER - chocobos mostly go "KWEH."

So, KWEH! :chocobo:

You can listen to the "kweh" in the chocobo theme from Final Fantasy IX. Listen to it, around the 1:02 mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oLykyWuiB4

Who would know a bird better than another bird? Trust the big bird brother here when I say they "kweh".

Similarly, 'black' chocobos go 'agghhh HURGH!'

You provided an appealing point, Shen - but please observe.

... A lovely bond between a mama (or papa?) chocobo and it's baby.

Back