Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
Anybody seen this? It a pokemon OVA that airs in just over a week from now (the 2nd of October)

in simple terms, it based on the games rather than the anime, so RED AND GREEN BABY

I haven't watched Pokemon since the disastrous ending of the Diamond/Pearl saga - which I had really enjoyed up to that point - but it's almost a certainty that I'll watch this, even if it's only for the nostalgia burst I'll get from seeing it. If it properly followed the R/G manga, it'd certainly be more interesting than the main anime...and manga anime adaptations seem to be all the rage right now, so.

But god, the character art style is truly horrific, and if this went the way of the Hellsing OVA, I think I'd just ignore it entirely. It's annoying, because "OVA" can mean practically anything...is this a single special episode, or is it going to evolve into its own series? Will the episodes be of a standard length, or significantly longer? What's the release schedule going to be like? Details, you bastards :rage:

Wow this looks pretty interesting. It kind of reminds me of the pokemon chronicles series. I probably wont watch it though. I quit watching pokemon anime sometime around when Diamond/Pearl began. And is that supposed to be professor Oak in the video? :lew:

I not watched pokemon either since the diamond saga, fantastic ruby saga but downhill from there.

as for details, it a 1 episode 2 hour program airing 7pm next tuesday

Given the very presence of Max and the fact that May was frequently shoved to one side, I would hardly label the Advanced seasons as "fantastic"...well, the Battle Frontier had its moments, even if that was when they switched the dub voices to be what they are now...but eh.

...but they're going to try covering the whole thing in the span of two hours? My expectations just dropped dramatically; this has "rushed" written all over it. At the very least, they're going to probably reduce some events that would otherwise be quite important (i.e. gym battles) to brief scenes and I shudder to think what the pacing could be like. I expect it'll still be enjoyable, but...not exceptional.

♥;1075024 said:
Given the very presence of Max and the fact that May was frequently shoved to one side, I would hardly label the Advanced seasons as "fantastic"...well, the Battle Frontier had its moments, even if that was when they switched the dub voices to be what they are now...but eh.

...but they're going to try covering the whole thing in the span of two hours? My expectations just dropped dramatically; this has "rushed" written all over it. At the very least, they're going to probably reduce some events that would otherwise be quite important (i.e. gym battles) to brief scenes and I shudder to think what the pacing could be like. I expect it'll still be enjoyable, but...not exceptional.

i agree, advanced wasn't that great, but battle frontier and the movies for ruby (defo the sea temple one) was great

if you not seen the ruby movies, go and watch it, it the only time ever in the anime where ash is a filler character, may is the star of that movie :jess:

I've seen the Manaphy movie...it was marginally better than the awful Lucario one (seriously, I HATE that movie) and on-par with the Deoxys one...but nowhere near as good as the Jirachi one, which almost made Max a tolerable character. May did have more screen time in the Manaphy movie, but as a character her development was still painfully underwhelming...unlike Dawn, who was essentially a second main character alongside Ash and actually brought some proper character development to a series that had been starved of anything remotely resembling such since the second season...hence why I was quite fond of the DP saga.

Anyways. I wonder if they'll have Blue in this too. Somehow I doubt it, but it'd be nice. I expect Lance to have an appearance that is longer than five minutes, as well. Cynthia will likely always be my favourite champion, but Lance is still awesome. I hope they get Lorelei's name right this time, too...I'm still trying to figure out who the hell "Prima" is some ten years on.

You mean we wont have a crappy Ash person not able to catch any pokemon??? :gasp:

If they came out with this a few (like 5-7 years at least) I would of been all over it... but now... It at least looks like it will be based on the Red and Blue (or Green) game... so it could be interesting to say the least.

Too bad it's only a few episodes. The pacing is far too hurried. This needed to be 26 episodes at least.

What we DO get is pretty awesome. The battles are high-speed and intense. And it's good to see Red as an elite trainer...unlike Ash.

Back