laggy game play?

jusoneaznkyd

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I supposedly had an 'Excellent' connection, but I was doing a dungeon and the lag was quite obvious, people were walking as if they were using a LoL style flash every three seconds, the game play was not fluid at all, rather jumpy to say that least. is this due to over population? server issues? my connection possibly???

The measurement of connection means nothing from what I've experienced. I've seen it measure pings ~1,000ms as good.

If it's PS3, chances are it's your connection. If it's on PC, it could be your settings, your PC or your connection. If it's only in dungeons, it might be the shadows settings? Just an idea, as that is usually the first thing I kill if I start to lag.

@ Pockets - I am using a PC for ARR.....will try disabling shadows, hope it helps....I noticed it more in the instance for some reason, when I left the instance, it was not quite as bad, although I did notice that there were some minor lag issues, basically what I saw in the instance, just not as bad. any other ideas that could help to reduce lag that you know of in the settings minus shadows???

No including network issues? Turn the graphics down, starting with shadows and antialiasing, then drop terrain detail and the others if the lag isn't resolved.

Back