how do i become a dragoon

SPOILERS BELOW

Complete your level 10 guild quest as an archer and your guild master will inform you that you can join other guilds. Join the lancer's guild there in Gridania; the lancer is the basic form of the dragoon. You will need to reach level 30 as this job. In addition, you will need to reach level 15 with the Marauder job as well (which can be obtained from Limsa Lomisa) before you can get this quest. Once both requirements are met and you have progressed far enough in your guild quests as a Lancer, a quest will be offered which will reward you the Dragoon.

You can cut out the initial leveling as an archer if you recreate your character as a Lancer, but this will wipe your current progress. Option is there, though, and may be viable if your character is pretty much mint.

SPOILERS BELOW

Complete your level 10 guild quest as an archer and your guild master will inform you that you can join other guilds. Join the lancer's guild there in Gridania; the lancer is the basic form of the dragoon. You will need to reach level 30 as this job. In addition, you will need to reach level 15 with the Marauder job as well (which can be obtained from Limsa Lomisa) before you can get this quest. Once both requirements are met and you have progressed far enough in your guild quests as a Lancer, a quest will be offered which will reward you the Dragoon.

You can cut out the initial leveling as an archer if you recreate your character as a Lancer, but this will wipe your current progress. Option is there, though, and may be viable if your character is pretty much mint.

thanks.

is there any preferred order? lancer first or marauder first?

if i delete my "archer" character (he's only level 2), can i create another with the the same name?

Yes, you can reuse the name. If you decide to recreate your character as a lancer, skip step #1

1) Do only the main/guild story quests as the archer until you unlock lancer.
2) Blow through the side/remaining main missions as lancer until you leave the city.
3) Once you reach Limsa Lomisa, complete all the side quests here as marauder until you reach 15.
4)Switch back to lancer and play the game normally until you get to 30

That is how I'd do it, anyways. It's all down to preference.

thanks, pockets.

once i'm back in game, i might be back here with questions about "swiching".

Just a tip, since your becoming a Dragoon you will want to level Pugilist up to 15 As well.

Lancer is a very heal/damage heavy class Pugilists Skills such as Internal Release & Second Wind are VERY Helpful in the solo boss battles during the Various Lancer/Dragoon Job/Class Fights.

Once you hit around level 20 or so switch to Pugilist/Marauder and Level them both to 15, My advice is to use these skills in your main combat buffs.

Pugilist
Internal Release - Increases Crit Rate by 20%, this helps in many ways, once you learn blood for blood you can deal massive amounts of damage in a single skill, my level 47 Dragoon can deal 500-750 Damage in a Single True Thrust Combo.

Second Wind - Lancers only really have 1 heal type skill which is "Life Surge", Second Wind is a small Cure that can be Extremely useful in a pinch against a strong single enemy, if it Crit heals it can heal a pretty decent chunk of health.

Marauder

Foresight - A Small defense buff that helps you survive a little more.

Bloodbath - Now this at high levels helps ALOT, once you unlock the AoE Skills if you combine Bloodbath, Blood for Blood, Internal Release, and Doom Spike/Ring of Thorns you can hit alot of enemies at once and heal ANY amount of damage they inflict, this is a great crowd control combo that helps deal damage to strong mobs in dungeons and heals any damage so the healer can focus on healing the tank.

That combo is mostly to help the tank if he's near death and needs the Aggro Removal, once he's fully healed you can use the Backflip Jump to lower your enmity and let him have the mob again.

Dragoons are exceptional class when used right these 4 skills has saved my ass more times than I can count on solo runs/quests.

thanks for the tips, yu. i'll keep them in mind.

i did delete my level 2 character on behemoth last night. that might have been a mistake. after doing that, i was not able to enter behemoth again. it's "full". tried again this morning. no luck. i'll keep trying.

Servers are still filling? Without any digital copies, has this issue been adequately mitigated?

I'm sorry that happened, and good luck on getting back in, though.

did get back in finally. back up to level 2 as a lancer. hope to get more play time this weekend.

Back