Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Rever Seurwit
FFXIV Server
Faerie
Free Company
Timber Owls <Owls>
Share them, I want some new epic vidya game custom covers to listen to. I'll start with a few favorites.

I really like this one. I know you see a lot of Zelda medleys out there, but that's just because the music is fantastic, but when was the last time you saw a violin medley for anything? I sure haven't seen very many floating around. But this cover in particular really hits close to home because, like most of us here (I assume), Zelda was a part of my childhood. The nostalgia is strong with this one...Also, violins are classy, and I like classy.

But mentioning that, we now simply must take zelda and introduce it to METAL!

Ok, so I'm a fanboy, what more can I say? This guy makes fantastic covers of just about everything, and dear lord is it good stuff. the guy even made a Minecraft guitar medley, and we all love minecraft, right?

Jules has a friend who also does vidya game moosik, and his work is also pretty good as well. Remember playing Chrono Trigger and having to race on your bike just to pass? Well, so did he. Just check this cover out.

Funny story about this guy, he was on this site a few times when he was pretty small. He and I got to talking and he mentioned he did video game covers. I asked for a link, and so he gave me one, and the music wasn't so bad. It wasn't spectacular, but it was pretty good still. I've been able to watch his skills expand, and goddamn he's gotten better at both playing and video making. Really, this guys going far.

So, I shared, now it's your turn!

Apologies for the multi-post, but...one vidya per post :hmph:

Samples are links, because the Youtube embedding on this forum is a pile of bollocks that I can never get to work properly.

The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra is a good place to start. There are a fair few full albums out now - including the Banjo-Kazooie Symphony, which is easily my favourite remix album of all time - and the one-offs on their Youtube Channel are all amazing. That there are a few good anime remixes on there as well only makes this better. I love orchestrated remixes, and these ones even use vocals every now and then. Win.

Sample 1 | Sample 2 | Sample 3

331Erock's "Meets Metal" video game remixes are incredible, as well. Come to think of it, everything he does is incredible. I've heard a lot of metal covers - most of them bad - but his are all impeccable. His taste in tracks leaves a bit to be desired sometimes, but still, definitely worth a mention.

Sample 1 | Sample 2 | Sample 3

Also, anything and everything by Smooth McGroove. I don't know whether to laugh or applaud at his works. There are plenty of acapella artists floating around, but he's easily the best. His rendition of U.N. Owen Was Her? actually makes it tolerable, as well. Best of all, he branches out from the standard-issue popular songs from popular games most artists do. He did Isaac's Battle Theme! Plus he's just fun to watch. Those facial expressions...xD

Another thing I absolutely love are soundfont remixes. A lot of the time these sound pretty damned awesome when they're done right...especially with Pokemon games, I've found. This remix of Clash on the Big Bridge using BW's soundfont is probably my favourite version of the track - at least until I find a capella one - and, similarly, Force Your Way sounds much better in GS' 8-bit style to my ears.

People do some incredible stuff on Mario Paint and Synthesia, but I can't be arsed to link to examples of those. Search for it on Youtube and the chances are you'll find it.

I'll add more if/when I can be bothered.

Those were pretty damn good :hmmm: Got a new group to listen to then :gasp:

Most recently I found this and it's a pretty awesome mix. I never would have thought mixing One Winged Angel and Dancing Mad would make such a great outcome, but at the same time, I didn't like One Winged Angel for the sake that they sit there and chant the final bosses name...which is a fat no in my book, but they removed the chanting for this mix, which was well needed, as the instrumental aspect of One Winged Angel is pretty damn good.

Malufenix is worth mentioning; she has an incredible singing voice. It's a shame she hasn't done very much, but her Skyrim song covers were enough to get me to actually play my copy again...

This thread needs more attention :gasp2:

I just found this guy just about 10 minutes ago, this is a vid from last year, but it looks promising

Back