Help Help on battling Ultimecia?

IcyJK913

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
I hate Ultimecia! I cannot defeat her! I do not want to end up doing the game all over again. Please help.

So my party is Squall, Zell, and Selphie. The first three battles I'm fine with, it;s just the last one that p*sses me off!!!

Here are my setups:

GFs: All except Bahamut, Tonberry King, Jumbo Cactuar, Odin, Pheonix, and the other ones that you can't junction. I have Eden, too.

Selphie:
Lvl: 38
GFs: Siren, Carbuncle, Leviathan, Pandemona, and Eden
HP-J: 100 Full-Life - 8957
Str-J: 100 Ultima - 149
Vit-J: 91 Meltdown - 101
Mag-J: 100 Meteor - 79
Spr-J: 100 Reflect - 94

I have Speed, Evade and Hit-J for Selphie, but I don't think they matter.

Abilities:
Attack
GF
Treatment
Recover
- HP + 40%
- Vit Bonus
- Counter

Squall:
Lvl: 80
GFs: Shiva, Diablos, Alexander, and Doomtrain
HP-J: 100 Full-Life - 9999
Str-J: 100 Ultima - 172
Vit-J: 98 Meltdown - 115
Mag-J: 100 Meteor - 94
Spr-J: 100 Reflect - 147

Abilities:
Mug
Magic
GF
Draw
- HP +80%
- Mug
- Spr+40%
- Enc-None

Zell:
Lvl: 68
GFs: Quezacotl, Ifrit, Brothers, Cerberus
HP-J: 100 Full-Life - 9999
Str-J: 100 Ultima - 243
Vit-J: 97 Meltdown - 106
Mag-J: 100 Meteor - 123
Spr-J: 100 Reflect - 96

Abilities:
Attack
Magic
GF
Draw
- HP+80%
- Auto-Haste
- Str+40%
- Mag+40%

Well those are my setups. What do I do? I use limit breaks with aura, but she keeps casting Hell's Judgment!!!!! And when she does, I can't find Selphie's Full-Cure in time :(

Please help!!!!

Your levels with Squall and Zelly is a bit too high hence why she might be a bit tough on you mate. FF 8 was a bit odd with the leveling thing and lowering levels actually were better for you than worse.

Though I recommend getting Bahamut. I think you can still get him on CD 4 though I'm not sure. Because you can Card Mod his Card into 100 Mega- Elixirs which helps when Ulti does that Hell's Judgement thingy.

Your levels with Squall and Zelly is a bit too high hence why she might be a bit tough on you mate. FF 8 was a bit odd with the leveling thing and lowering levels actually were better for you than worse.

Though I recommend getting Bahamut. I think you can still get him on CD 4 though I'm not sure. Because you can Card Mod his Card into 100 Mega- Elixirs which helps when Ulti does that Hell's Judgement thingy.

I'm not completely sure, but I think Bahamut can be drawn from Tiamat, so if you killed Tiamat without drawing him, you may have lost your chance to get it, unless you cheat. All the GFs can be found later in the Ultimecia Castle (the home I've always wanted), that i'm sure.

I'm not completely sure, but I think Bahamut can be drawn from Tiamat, so if you killed Tiamat without drawing him, you may have lost your chance to get it, unless you cheat. All the GFs can be found later in the Ultimecia Castle (the home I've always wanted), that i'm sure.

Actually, you can draw Eden from Tiamat, not Bahamut. But thanks.... maybe one of the other bosses has him. I have a save file from the end of Lunatic Pandora, just in case, so I'll just fo it again xD.

Yeah you're screwed over with the levels. But it's still possible. Renzokuken is your friend. Aura Squall, or just keep him at generally low health. Don't really on Selphie's full-cure. Also, aura Zell because duel can be great. I think you can hit her with meltdown as well.

You get Bahamut in the Deep Sea Research Facility and you get Eden from Ultima Weapon who is also in the facility. The Deep Sea Research Facility is located on the bottom left hand corner of the world map.

As for Ultimecia, I know I faced her with everyone being level 100 and had no problem defeating her, so I'm not sure about that low level thing. 8(

--EDIT--
*Looks to next post*
Maybe it would just be best to level at least three of your characters to level 100 then. :D

Of what I can remember, I had Squall, Zell and Selphie as my first and only three to face her. As usual I kept Squall's health low so he could continuously perform his limit break (Aura works just as well but I believe I had 100 of these junctioned so I didn't want to use them). I had Cerberus on Zell so he could keep casting a triple spells (like haste, curaga (when necessary),etc). I had him mostly focused on supporting the group and using magic attacks (I think meltdown did work on her) and GFs. Selphie I think was using her GFs too since I had all the compatibilities quite high, I also think she was the main healer of the party.
I know I had divided all the GFs out between the three (making sure everyone had access to good junction abilities and such like). After that it was really straight forward, in that Squall did the majority of the attacks and the other two were in charge of support and pitching in the odd GF or magic attack. Sin é.

Also, in regards to healing, having Cerberus' triple thing would help in regrds to getting everyone's HP up quickly. If you had two characters with Curaga, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Lastly, why does Squall have Mug and Enc-None in his abilities? I personally would change them out for something a little more specific for the fight.

--EDIT--
It would also be great if you did get the rest of the GFs, it would probably help you loads, especially in regards to extra abilities and junctioning for strength, vitality and such like.

Last edited:
You get Bahamut in the Deep Sea Research Facility and you get Eden from Ultima Weapon who is also in the facility. The Deep Sea Research Facility is located on the bottom left hand corner of the world map.

As for Ultimecia, I know I faced her with everyone being level 100 and had no problem defeating her, so I'm not sure about that low level thing. 8(

Of what I can remember, I had Squall, Zell and Selphie as my first and only three to face her. As usual I kept Squall's health low so he could continuously perform his limit break. I had Cerberus on Zell so he could keep casting a triple haste spell. I had him mostly focused on supporting the group and using magic attacks and GFs. Selphie I think was using her GFs too since I had all the compatibilities quite high, I also think she was the healer of the party too.
I know I had divided all the GFs out between the three (making sure everyone had access to good junction abilities and such like). After that it was really straight forward, in that Squall did the majority of the attacks and the other two were in charge of support and pitching in the odd GF or magic attack. Sin é.

For a full understanding of what problems you're facing you would need to say exactly what GFs you have, what you have junctioned to who and what abilities and status junctions you are using. ;))

the level thing is a detriment to him because two characters are much higher than the other. And all of yours were 100 so it was less noticeable.

If all of your characters are level 100, that means Ultimecia will also be level 100, hence makng her HP 1,000,000...

I real;y don't wanna do that.

Back