Serious Vivid Dream Of Being Shot..

DepecheMode

Closing The Loop
Gil
I'm not one that really looks too far into dreams. However this one I had just last night almost felt very surreal. Let me explain before going into the dream. There is this girl I've known for a while, I met her at her work two years ago. She worked at a fast food restaurant and I became a regular customer to her for the last couple of years. I literally went in everyday for lunch and I would often talk with her, she wasn't there everyday I was but we saw each other enough we got to know one another. We even saw each other in other places as well. She originally came from the country Jordan (in the middle east between Israel and Iraq). Although she was Palestinian and was born in West Bank, I knew the town she was from. Anyways, we became close over time, I told her I was from New Orleans, Louisiana and we joked how we both came from some pretty crazy parts of the world. I would tease her while speaking to her in Russian. I would tell her what it meant, I knew some Russian but she didn't know. She spoke both english and arabic well and often threw me off when she would speak in arabic to me, but she would tell me afterwards what it meant. Anyways we actually had fun and learned a lot from each other, the last I really heard from her was in April. I stopped showing up then. I had other things happen since then which caused me to stop showing up. Unfortunately, over all that time I never asked for her email or number or anything like that despite that I really liked her. I've been planning on seeing her again, I just haven't had time but I will again soon.

Now for the dream part. In my dream last night I dreamed that I went back to see her again around lunch again. It looked exactly the same in my dream as it did in real life. It was the first I had seen her in months. We were glad to see one another and I explained what I had been up to for the past months. After I ordered and talked with her for a while I left and as I was walking out into the parking lot towards my car, the exact same car I have in real life. Someone came out from behind me and shot me in my back and went straight through my chest. I was left there in the parking lot in my own blood. Luckily someone in the parking lot saw me struggle and called for 911. After that, the girl I knew came rushing out from the restaurant and rushed to my side comforting me until paramedics arrived. I remember her holding my head up screaming at me to hold on. After that, all I remember were my eyes slowly closing as everything was fading into darkness and the sound began to disappear. I had a hard time waking up out of that one, it felt so real I thought it did happen. Thankfully I did wake out of it and it was all just a dream, but it did have me a bit concerned about whether I should see her again or not. I really liked her a lot. I mean I know that was just a dream, but I don't know what to think. This wasn't the first dream of mine she's been in. The rest of them have been very good, but this kind of caught me off guard.

Believe it or not I think this sort of dream is fairly normal for this kind of situation. I've had similar dreams and know others who have as well. I think it stems from having something or someone you don't want to lose, especially when it sort of feels like there's something holding you back from that thing/person. You might think that not wanting to lose her would result in a dream where she gets shot, not you, but brains are funny things when they are asleep. You mention that you haven't had time--that stuff has been holding you back from seeing her, in other words. It's very possible that in your sleep your mind takes that stress and translates it into you getting shot. After all, nothing holds us back like injuries or death. Hopefully that makes sense.

I'm not just guessing at this, btw. I spent an entire year studying dreams a few years ago (the scientific stuff, not the this-thing-always-means-that-thing nonsense) and I learned a lot from that. So I sort of know what I'm talking about, if that helps your confidence at all.

No matter how vivid or scary a dream can be they are still nothing more than your brain making images when you sleep.

Your probably dreaming about her because you miss her and / or the chats that you had with her. If you can still see her again then think yourself lucky cuz you can go do that. Sometimes dreams can be really tough because theyre about people that are no longer with you and that can hurt. I like to think that dreams are sometimes your brain trying to kick you in the right direction. With me they most often arent.

If you wanna go see the lassie you should do it man. Life can be short.

It's theorized that a dream is usually about the dreamer, and no one else, regardless of who's in it, what's going on, etc. Every person and thing symbolizes something regarding you: the dreamer. (For example: something traumatic in a dream is usually translated from stress in your life.) The girl you met could symbolize some sort of happy place/comfort, to escape all of the stress.

Dreams like this are usually pretty startling, especially when they're as lucid as yours. If you're interested in identifying why you had the dream though, you may want to start with what's going on with you personally.

Last edited:
The fundamental thing you have to remember about your dream is that she comforted you and wanted you to hold on. Perhaps she was only in the dream because you see her as a source of safety in an otherwise tumultuous situation. The fact that you were shot (like has been pointed out by the rest) may have more to do with something else in your life, something that perhaps you feel this girl might make better.

Back