Official Final Fantasy XIV: ARR Player Group

Everyone has been sold out of the game but I managed to secure a copy at a nearby Best Buy for in-store pickup so I'll be picking that up later today. They've also released the character creation restrictions on Lamia recently so I'll be able to make a character :grin: Didn't think the game would be so popular the PC version would sell out :gasp:

here a new video from me, taking titan down

just randoms with me this time

Latest News

The Moonfire Faire Returns to Final Fantasy XIV

Summer is almost at an end, and it wouldn’t be right for it to conclude without Final Fantasy XIV‘s Moonfire Faire (previously Firefall Faire). Starting now — yes, right now, you’ll be able to log in to the game and participate in this holiday event. By speaking with the Cascadiers who are now recruiting in all three city-states, you’ll be able to undertake a special mission to hunt Bombards — last sighted around Costa del Sol.

When you sight the Bombards (hint: head south of the resort) you’ll be able to participate in a FATE to bring them down as soon as possible. Your reward: Wet Bombard Ash that can be turned into a Cascadier Commissary near you — their locations in the three city-states can be found below. These vouchers can be be given in exchange for swimsui–er, heat-resistant gear that will undoubtedly come of great use in your travels through Eorzea.

Due to the server congestion that hampered play for the first week of release, the team will announce an end date for the holiday event at a later time. But if you want your Cascadier outfits, definitely get them while they last!

Map locations for booths

Ul'dah

uldah.png

Old Gridania

gridania.png

Limsa Upper Deck

limsa.png

happy getting your swi....... I MEAN HEATPROOF GEAR

Soooo its a swimsuit more or less? xD well I don't have much interest for my male miqote but I'll nab one for my femme character on Balmung, I'll tease my old guild leader with my usual dumb antics she'll get a laugh or two.

Side note They FINALLY sent me a new Registration Code for my game, now I have to redownload it, install, re register and NOT CLICK FREAKING NEW SERVICE ACCOUNT :rage:

if all goes well I'll be back to cause havoc on Leviathan by tonight

yep, their swimsuits

Not even very nice ones, sadly enough. Bought a few and didn't care much for it, just sent my extra bits to Kira so she could buy some.

Unrelated note, finally got some of us together for a nice group. Left to right, Mitsuki, myself, Kira, Mike (not really a forum guy, but hey)

2v8o1ua.png

Wish I could play with you guys, but your server ain't RP and I have friends and junk on Balmung. But it's nice to see you all having fun. What have you all been doing? I've been farming fates, leveling, and dungeoning like a badass. All in all, still pretty fun and junk! I'm quite impressed by the amount of shit to do. A lot of people are complaining that there isn't much to do. But then again, they're the dumbasses that rushed to 50 and only do raids and crap. Still got those crafting classes, housing, PvP, and lots of other shit. Even stuff that isn't in the damn game yet.

And they're already working on the Golden Saucer, so we're going to have mini-games. Rumor has it, they're adding in a card game as well. Haters gonna fucking hate, I'm having a blast.

I pity those that made the sprint to 50. I guess that is one way to not have to pay the monthly subscription, though, just try and get to the end game ASAP and never really appreciate the development of the world. I agree that there is a lot to do, though I'm a bit surprised with how small the world is. In terms of area, it seems to be lacking in size compared to many other MMOs. Not really a sin, but something I found a bit odd.

For the most part, I've been waiting on my group to be ready to start dungeon raiding :( Keeping myself busy with the crafts and such, trying not to level all too much in the mean time. Learning the lay of the land, figuring out what resources are where and where certain crafts excel.

Also, I didn't even know they had RP servers. Don't remember seeing in when making my character.

Yeah, the world is a bit small, but I imagine they'll beef it up eventually. I don't mind though. As far as RP servers go, there are two unofficial ones, Balmung and Gilgamesh. It's interesting and fun, and I've made a few friends doing it. I think I'm going to enjoy FFXIV for a long while.

I been enjoying the story at the moment, i'm level 41 right now, wanna get to 50 before uni starts so I can chill with dungeon raids and shit in the evenings

I pity those that made the sprint to 50. I guess that is one way to not have to pay the monthly subscription, though, just try and get to the end game ASAP and never really appreciate the development of the world.

So theres an 'END'? By the time it's out digitally again will it worth me even getting it to play with you guys ?

End game, dude. Like every other MMO, end game is basically who has the biggest e-peen and record for longest raid. Not like...end of the game, you're done, fuck off now or anything. Ofc the main story has an end, but just raids and PVP and whatnot.

End game, dude. Like every other MMO, end game is basically who has the biggest e-peen and record for longest raid. Not like...end of the game, you're done, fuck off now or anything. Ofc the main story has an end, but just raids and PVP and whatnot.

The only other MMO I've played is RS like 8 years ago and that had nothing of the sort so, I wouldn't know :P..

Oh, well yeah. Supposed to be stuff to keep the people who've maxed out into the game and having fun. Lots of MMORPG players say that the real game doesn't start 'till end game. :P

I'll have you know some of us who got to the end mostly did it so we could prep for PvP.

Currently people don't explore the games world now, I can't even enjoy anything BUT End Game Content because that's all everyone is doing now.

it takes.... not 30, not 50, buts 70 fucking minutes to queue into a simple low level dungeon :|, Regardless I hit level 50 after hours of tireless work on my Dragoon and I'm prepped for PvP once it comes, and honestly I'm loving the end game content the most right now, Hard Mode Primals, Relic Hunting, etc. is fun as hell.

I also made a 2nd character on Balmung to meet up with my old guild leader, so I may run into Alyss too :P, I decided to do a Arcanist named Alicia Xeronia xD

And Now Screenshots!

Me and Boco doing some runs around Gridana's South Shroud
65ad.png

Me and my Favorite Minion, Cactaur and before you ask this is a level 47 minion quest in Southern Thanalans Massive Desert.
dh6n.png

Me hanging out in Limsa Lomsa with some ladies, my guild leader of Moogle says they smell "Fishy"
cfmn.png

Ultima Weapon
3o2c.png

Ultima Weapon 2
i7yv.png

Me in my Full Dragoon Armor and Riding in my Magitek Armor
31yq.png

My guild together for a Picture Event, I'm the Miqote in the center inbetween the tan and pale female Miqote in the back.
1v7v.png

Me jumping to be more standouty
djzw.png

My Clan Leader Ayuru Mew and her Chiefs of Staff Directing us before Battle against a Behemoth Fate. :P fyi I'm the dragoon on the far left.
5hy2.png

Me using a jump ability to show myself off
y84o.png

The Clan Moogle wearing our Iconic Moogle Hats, again I'm in the center in the back between the tan and pale humes
08my.png

I'll have you know some of us who got to the end mostly did it so we could prep for PvP.

Currently people don't explore the games world now, I can't even enjoy anything BUT End Game Content because that's all everyone is doing now.

it takes.... not 30, not 50, buts 70 fucking minutes to queue into a simple low level dungeon :|, Regardless I hit level 50 after hours of tireless work on my Dragoon and I'm prepped for PvP once it comes, and honestly I'm loving the end game content the most right now, Hard Mode Primals, Relic Hunting, etc. is fun as hell.

I also made a 2nd character on Balmung to meet up with my old guild leader, so I may run into Alyss too :P, I decided to do a Arcanist named Alicia Xeronia xD

And Now Screenshots!

Me and Boco doing some runs around Gridana's South Shroud
65ad.png

Me and my Favorite Minion, Cactaur and before you ask this is a level 47 minion quest in Southern Thanalans Massive Desert.
dh6n.png

Me hanging out in Limsa Lomsa with some ladies, my guild leader of Moogle says they smell "Fishy"
cfmn.png

Ultima Weapon
3o2c.png

Ultima Weapon 2
i7yv.png

Me in my Full Dragoon Armor and Riding in my Magitek Armor
31yq.png

My guild together for a Picture Event, I'm the Miqote in the center inbetween the tan and pale female Miqote in the back.
1v7v.png

Me jumping to be more standouty
djzw.png

My Clan Leader Ayuru Mew and her Chiefs of Staff Directing us before Battle against a Behemoth Fate. :P fyi I'm the dragoon on the far left.
5hy2.png

Me using a jump ability to show myself off
y84o.png

The Clan Moogle wearing our Iconic Moogle Hats, again I'm in the center in the back between the tan and pale humes
08my.png

duty finder as a dps oh my <_<, it such a horrible thing, waiting on it as we speak

I really want to get going on end game, but grinding is longgggggg

duty finder as a dps oh my <_<, it such a horrible thing, waiting on it as we speak

I really want to get going on end game, but grinding is longgggggg

My Advice DO NOT FATE GRIND IN CORETHAS OR MOR DONA

Go to Southern Thanalan or other Areas with level 35-50 Fates, in those 2 areas you'll be lucky to even get bronze from the amount of people raiding FATEs.

And yes unfortantly due to FATE's, Dungeon Runs are pretty much killed off, I honestly got a shit ton more EXP from doing 1 dungeon run than spending 2-3 hours hunting fates all over a map fighting against other parties.

One Run of Aurum Vale when your Level 47 nets you 100-130k EXP in "one" run you can easily get the last 3 levels in 12 runs. Not only that but you get Green and Pink Gears that you can trade into your Grand Company for Company Seals for rare Gears and Items. Or If you need Gil spiritbond these items for Tier 3 Materias that can be sold for a nice chunk of Gil

My Advice DO NOT FATE GRIND IN CORETHAS OR MOR DONA

Go to Southern Thanalan or other Areas with level 35-50 Fates, in those 2 areas you'll be lucky to even get bronze from the amount of people raiding FATEs.

And yes unfortantly due to FATE's, Dungeon Runs are pretty much killed off, I honestly got a shit ton more EXP from doing 1 dungeon run than spending 2-3 hours hunting fates all over a map fighting against other parties.

One Run of Aurum Vale when your Level 47 nets you 100-130k EXP in "one" run you can easily get the last 3 levels in 12 runs. Not only that but you get Green and Pink Gears that you can trade into your Grand Company for Company Seals for rare Gears and Items. Or If you need Gil spiritbond these items for Tier 3 Materias that can be sold for a nice chunk of Gil

tip if your going to FATE grind..... GET IN A PARTY, you can pretty easily get a few levels done in a few hours, I personally did 4 levels 'over 1 million exp' in 4 hours, while with dungeon runs it at least 30 mins a run + at least 20 to 30 doing the duty finder stuff

anyway stone vergal OMG ;_; died sooooo much it was stupid

tip if your going to FATE grind..... GET IN A PARTY, you can pretty easily get a few levels done in a few hours, I personally did 4 levels 'over 1 million exp' in 4 hours, while with dungeon runs it at least 30 mins a run + at least 20 to 30 doing the duty finder stuff

anyway stone vergal OMG ;_; died sooooo much it was stupid

its impossible to find parties outside Corenthas or Mor Dona/Ceruleum

I had to dungeon run most of my stuff.

Stone Vigil is a Cakewalk, wait till you unlock Aurum Vale and the 2 Endgame dungeons if your with novices chances are it'll take you several attempts.

lol also I'm gonna record a Ifrit Run tomorrow and upload it on YT to show just how freaking scary Hard Mode is :P

So the inevitable nude mod for the game was released. BE CAREFUL WHO YOU ARE NAKED NEXT TO. They could be playing the game with one hand.

:wacky:

Back