Official Final Fantasy XIV: ARR Player Group

The differences between high laptop and PC are negligible, I've found. You're right, though, it looks so good on PC.... :gonk: Although, to be fair, the PS3 had pretty good looks, too. I was reasonably surprised.

I was quite pleasantly surprised, actually. I was expecting there to be more of a difference. The few things I did notice did bother me, though. I don't like how the PS3 version has these random pixels due to the lack of anti-aliasing. The shadows at times looked a bit funny, but other than that, I couldn't see much of a difference. That being said, I'm still playing on a PC. Higher graphics and the fact that I could never play a MMO with a controller does it in for me. Plus, I RP, so I'mma need dat keyboard.

Also some news for North American Players, If your currently trying to enter your pre order/ea code please stop, currently some of the NA Codes are giving the EU Codes Early Access Codes for the PS3 which are Region Locked, Please check the FFXIV Twitter for changes on this situation :3

That being said, I'm still playing on a PC. Higher graphics and the fact that I could never play a MMO with a controller does it in for me.

inevitable boob patch sold me

#masterpcgamingrace

this early access code stuff is getting annoying though, hopefully they have it fixed in a few days

This is from user Phil1six2 on the beta forums:

Error 3 FIX Submitted by Kaayl this has worked now for a number of folks. "What finally worked for me was editing my profile settings. Basically, after going to the pre-order code entry site and picking your language, it asks you to log in. After you log in (you may need to fill in some information) it'll take you to the code entry page. Instead of entering the code, I clicked my newly chosen handle in the upper right corner of the page. That displayed a drop down, and I clicked the "My Profile" option. That took me to the profile details page. I filled in the information there and noticed that my language was set to English (UK). I changed that to English (US), saved my information, went back to the pre-order page, and was able to enter in my code without any problems."

Tried this and got my key on the first try. No error 1 or 3. I got my key and put it in and I'm ready to go.

You're welcome. :mokken:

I got my pc code in a notepad ready to go kerygasm... hurry up saturday, i need to carry on leveling up my character :3

This is from user Phil1six2 on the beta forums:

Tried this and got my key on the first try. No error 1 or 3. I got my key and put it in and I'm ready to go.

You're welcome. :mokken:

This worked for me, too! Genius~

:chan:

I'm curious since Early Access is a mere 2-3 Days away what will your guys' goals be when it kicks back up.

Personally I'm going to do these.

1. Join a Grand Company
2. Get my Chocobo back :rage:
3. Level Lancer to 25-30 :mokken:
4. Level Mar to 15 so I can take on the Dragoon Job Quest
5. Work on a Profession (Chances are Carpenter for Furniture)
6. Buy a House or Make/Join a Free Company
7. Try out PvP.

I have quite the list to accomplish in a mere 2-3 days :|

Announcement on PvP I'm not a Legacy player but this is what information I was able to scrounge up from various forums, videos, etc.

Note: Alot of this is either rumors or unconfirmed details, once I get into the PVP circut I'll be sure to make a thread giving the basics of PvP in general and what it gives :3.

Currently little is known about PvP currently since the Duty finder was fucky during P4 but! I managed to find out a little bit of info to those of us who will want to slaughter innocent white mages and the like.

1st. PvP Is Team based, you need 4 people to actually fight, BUT! Unlike Dungeons where you need 2 DPS, 1 Tank, 1 Healer. This Allows you to go in with a Party of any build up (during the test some team was silly enough to actually do 3 White Mages and a Tank, suffice to say they didn't win lol).

Now this acts like .hack//G.U.'s PvP Arena, 2 teams of so many players enter a old destroyed arena and fight it out, Team Build up is very important you need to balance it out and plan accordingly if you want to survive, this isn't a simple button mash of combos either, you need to focus on certain players first and keep them guessing at your tactics.

2. Duty Finder Heavy, As far as I can tell the only way to enter this is via the Duty Finder, which is one reason why little is known about PvP, Due to P4's various bugs such as 3102 and 90000, But there is 3 different Arenas for players to battle it out (I'm assuming they even your levels out if your higher or lower.) Each one is for Level 30, 40, and 50.

3. PvP seems to have its own equip/skills needed, this info I have very little to none of but heard about it through the grapevine, it seems like you need a Certain set of Gears for PVP to boost your def,atk, and morale, Skills I heard that certain skills of each class are sealed. (I'm assuming overpowered heals, attacks, buffs.) Limit Breaks may or may not be in it.

i'm going to be building up sub classes during early access, and maybe get some crafting classes started, I want a house too D:

i'm going to be building up sub classes during early access, and maybe get some crafting classes started, I want a house too D:

I heard Carpenter's Profession will be able to make some really kick ass furniture so thats what I'm gonna focus on for a Profession xD if I buy a house I'm gonna want to deck it out if I have visitors over :| and I can sell the really good stuff to people for a good chunk of gil as well

I still haven't got my EA code and I paid it all off last week. If I somehow missed it cause fucksquare decided to stop handing them out kinda going to be pissed. My only hope is from what some people at the GS said and I get it through powerup rewards and they just being lazy in sending it to me.

got mine from putting in the preorder code

make sure that on Square-Enix.com you have your profile settings set to your region so that the preorder site will accept your preorder code. got my code in the email as soon as i did even though it gave me a correct code on the preorder site. make sure to check your spam/junk folder as that is where i found mine.

me killing ifrit last night kerygasm

being the healer was not fun at all.... that survive by 5 :grin:

Well since I got screwed during the open beta and couldn't play I got locked out of the Levi server. So currently I am on the Lamia server with Channy. Sileen Tebnerus is my chars name btw, might get lucky with the world transfer service opening in mid september.

Atm I'm currently a Level 39 Dragoon (you herd me)

ugh since the last time I posted so much crap has happened but first some screenshots.

Me Chilling in my new home Corenthas
q6q7.png

The Primal Titan
67b.png

Level 42 Scenery
3a9m.png

sjse.png

kklz.png

f4f5.png

And Me using the Dragoons Signature Skill JUMP! That poor Level 17 monster didn't see it coming (literally you can jump around 15m away from a target xD

xgi7.png

You think Ifrit is hard Stevie, Wait till you tangle with Titan, I'm a experienced player by now and we died around... 9-12 Times just trying to get him killed (if one member gets "Knocked Off" we all lose)

I'll try to record some stuff for you guys later on.

But more or less this is what I did these past few days.

1. Leveled Lancer to 30, Mar 15.
2. Joined a Free Company a Friend Invited me to ( The Guild name is Moogle )
3. Saved up 100,000 Gil Towards my house (still dunno where to buy one or the cost)
4. Achieved Dragoon Status.
5. Beat Titan (working on Garuda soon)

Also FYI Free Companies (Guilds) can have up to 512 total members if you guys do come to Leviathan later on I'll have the leader add you guys :D we're already Rank 5 with nice buffs, and currently working on a FC House.

Also here's my Lodestone http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1781144/

Still can't get in Leviathan or Lamia, so I went with Exodus.

Mitsuki Caleis - Conjurer

I'll try again later for Leviathan. Might make him/her a Lancer class.

Back