Help Got Stuck in Elena, Reno and Rude battle

Xasaba

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hi everyone

This is the first time ever that I got stuck on a FFVII battle, really really stuck. I can't defeat any of them in the whole combat, even focusing all my attacks on one of them (Usualy Elena) I use all my invocations (No, I have not the knights one) and nothing.

Depends on the combat, but usually I can hold for a long time, even though I finish dead at the end, but they are immortal to me. There are the other kind of combats where the three focus their attacks on one character and dies on the first turn, this makes the combat impossible to beat.

My Team: Cloud Lv 47 HP: 2459 MP: 552 Weapon: Organics
Tifa Lv 49 HP: 2370 MP: 509 Weapon: God's Hand
Barret Lv 47 HP: 3217 MP: 425 Weapon: A·M Cannon

Maybe is that my characters have a low level for this combat, I watched a lot of YT videos where they had much more HP's than me. Give me advice please! I've got to level up? Maybe i need item, weapon or armor? The problem is that i think that I can't get out of Midgar to get anything...

Thanks in advance!

And BTW they say that this battle is optional, but they don't give me the option to avoid it :S

Do you have HP plus materia? I always used it to boost my HP. I don't think 47 is an unusually low level. :hmmm:

Do you have big guard? That can significantly reduce the damage they do and casting regen will keep your hp levels up. Try using attacks that damage them all at once like summons or elementals paired with all materia. That will at least reduce the time in battle.

It's odd that you're not getting the option to say "no, let's not go." Not sure what the issue is there.

Be careful with elements. Elena is healed by Ice, Reno lightning and I assume fire with Rude?

Ooh, good point. God, it's been ages since I did this battle. :lew:

I just checked my guide and yeah, avoid ice, fire and lightning. Quake 3 paired with all might work. Also, break and ultima if you have those. Bahamut ZERO hits everyone I think. :hmmm:

They are immune to Gravity magic so don't bother with that! Bio Bio Bio! Poisoning them should help as then you can focus on support and healing. Take the time to try and use haste at the beginning or use any accessories which give Auto-haste (if there are any, been such a long time; Sprint Shoes?).

I personally never had much trouble with this one. All you have to do is defeat one of them BTW, not all 3 so focus your attacks on one; but given that, maybe try stealing from Elena. I know she held the Minerva band 'cause I spent like 10m trying to steal it once but she has an annoying confusion counter I think.

EDIT: I've just looked and Rude has the rare Ziedrich, whilst Reno has the Tough Ring.

Good Luck.

They all carry an item. Elena: Minerva band. Rude: Ziedrich and Reno: Touph Ring.

Is Bahamut ZERO gravity? I thought it was non-elemental. :lew:

But I agree, Bio will help immensely. And I don't remember if you only have to defeat just one, but I think Reno has the lowest HP at 25000.

Man I love this game.

If you have low HP have Restore + All on every character and keep at least one character idle for emergency healing (use triangle to cycle between characters with full ATB gauges). White Wind and Big Guard enemy skills work well here.

Try using HP Plus, Cover and Counter on a character (preferably a long ranged attacker), Barret is a good choice considering his large HP pool and strong limit breaks. If you've been using Tifa her limit break combos come in handy and if I recall correctly Rude has an aversion to attacking her.

Don't use magic except for healing, target Reno with physical attacks since he has the least HP (25,000). Try stealing the Touph Ring from him and the Ziedrich from Rude.

If all else fails you can just run up everyone's limit gauges before the fight and unleash them on Reno. Or just choose not to fight them.

Tifa is also a good shout as Rude loooooooooooooves her and wont attack her unless she's the only one alive :)

Thanks to you all guys!!! I've been like a week stuck in this battle and now in one afternoon I've been able to win :P

I loaded an old save, just before the combat against Weapon in front of Midgar, I went to Cosmo Canyon and bought the HP materia, deafeated Weapon again (Much easier than the last time) and then back in Midgar at the first try, with the extra HP i defeated them with the invocation, limits and all the stuff. An easy combat, the only problem was that my characters weren't able to survive with my old HP levels to some attacks. Everybody said that was and easy combat and, indeed, it was.

Thank you very much one more time!!

Only thing I'll add to this in case everyone reads this thread in future is this: If you're attempting to steal all the rare items from them, make sure you remove all counter attacking materia prior to the battle. I have the Cover/Counter Attack/HP Plus combo up on a seriously overpowered Tifa and she made mincemeat of the Turks before I could get everything.

Back