Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
Not sure if there's another thread, I searched the forum and couldn't find one. You know the drill if a thread already exists. :pooley:

Anyway, I started this show a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It's probably the best show I've ever seen. Anyone else like it? I know it's about to end in a few weeks but better late than never, right? :wacky:

Hide all your spoilers, folks! (I'm on Season 5x5)

Alright, I'm not really into the fandom part of this show nor do I know the inspirations for the story, however I have my own theories about the show and how it will end. That said, I think the story is based on Hamlet. Again, that could be a well known fact or whatever but still, I wanted to discuss it either way.

I still have three episodes left but I thought (until today) the show will conclude with Jesse telling Hank about Walter, Hank would of course cut Jesse a deal, thus the bad guy of the show (Walt) would pay for his crimes and the good (Jesse, Hank, Sky) would get the "happy ending" (not really that happy but still)... But after thinking of it like hamlet now I'm not sure what will happen.

My younger brother thinks that Walt will somehow get Jesse to get rid of Hank, and then Walter will get rid of Jesse because Jesse is the only other person who knows about all the crimes Walter has done and Walter will then be able to presume his old life style outside of meth-dealing (which explains why Walt is still alive a year later). But, I don't like that ending possibility. Walter doesn't get to pay for what he's done to his family or Jesse and that's really shitty, but I guess Walter being completely miserable and alone does count as karma :hmmm:

anyway, I'm still thinking it over

please discuss!! ^_^

@Dr. King Schultz :ohoho:

Lmao I'm watching this right now :lew:

I watched the series last year and I'm rewatching for the second half of the last season :britt: Yes it is by far one of my absolute favorite shows. It's just so well done.

I can't comment on season 5 yet because I honestly don't remember it so well :hmmm: I saw it last year (was it this year?) of course, but I watched in such a short period of time I've forgotten a lot. I'll be watching it next week though, right now I'm in the middle of season 4.

I love Jesse :ohoho: and Mike :ohoho: and Gus :ohoho:
even though they died :sad2:

i would put breaking bad in my top 5 tv shows of all time, there has never been an immoral antagonist like walter white that everyone loves so much. there has also never been a person who wanted to do the right thing (skylar) that has made everyone hate them so much just for doing so. it definitely benefits from having a charismatic lead actor. bryan cranston will be one of the biggest names in hollywood in about five years time.

I've only made it to episode 9 or 10 of the third season. Still have plenty of catching up to do. I've heard the new season's awesome status already.

The acting is gritty and real. The characters are flawed. The atmosphere is heavy and dark. It's a show that's difficult to beat. Give it up for Mr. Pinkman and Heisenberg.

each episode so far has been getting better and better. i'm gutted there's only two left, i don't know what i'll do with my life after it's finished. probably watch it all all over again from the beginning.
i still have no idea where it's going, but we're slowly getting answers. the biggest question now is what made walt come back, and who is the ricin for? it's obvious now that todd's uncle and the neo-nazis are the villains, so i'm assuming that walt comes back because of them. perhaps to save jesse from them. i think the ricin will be for either lydia, or himself. i can see it all ending with walt dying.

I must say I was pretty disappointed with the latest episode.

My mom thought the latest episode was so extremely melodramatic that she actually started laughing at a few parts :hmph: I on the other hand feed into that kind of stuff, and even I thought some scenes were a bit over the top.

Skylar pulling the knife on Walt? Oh come on. Plus when Junior was just standing there shouting it just looked so pitiful and sort of...hokey. Then Walt looks down and says "We are a family" while Junior and Skylar are on the ground and Junior's arm is outstretched over her. That scene, I must say, was definitely too over the top. Plus I really didn't want Hank and his partner (forgot his name) to die! Why? Because it was sooo obvious that it would happen (especially with the phone convo with Marie) and now the family is left completely broken, which I suppose is the point, but I guess I still wanted that war between them going and the possible fight for his family back.

I feel like they have nothing to go off of now, except for Jesse's storyline, which I REALLY wish they showed more of, as he is my favorite character on the show.

so that was exactly the ending it needed. in the end it wasn't a massive surprise the way things played out; it was basically a big action set piece to finish things up. my only niggle was that the plan regarding elliott and gretchen was a little weak, there was absolutely nothing really stopping them from calling the police to say that walter white had just been round and threatened them.

i now plan to go back and watch it all from the beginning again once i've finished up a couple of other shows.

i read about an alternate ending recently in a thing from vince gilligan. basically it ends with jesse shooting walt. there was another ending they considered where everyone but walt dies, which is an ending i would love to see. it sounds really harrowing.

an ending where everyone dies? :hmmm: not sure how i would have felt about that. i usually hate shoot-em-up endings (or whatever they're called), however I'm sure Vince would have found a way to make it fit... i just can't imagine it. :hmmm:

on to the Jesse killing walt alternate ending; I wouldn't have enjoyed that at all. to me, jesse was and has been as "pure" a character as the show can produce (next to holly and jr) i would have hated to see him ruin himself even more by willingly taking someone's life. with gale it was a life or death situation (for walt that is) and he had no choice in the matter. it was either kill him or have walt's blood on his hands. and what with the way walt guilt-tripped him into doing it and jesse being so young (he's 21 or 22 if i remember correctly) I can't imagine Jesse's character saying no to that. and like we saw, the murder really had a deep impact on jesse (unlike walt). so i don't think jesse killing walt would have been a good ending at all, let alone for jesse.

i agree with aaron paul when he said that jesse was better than that. so I'm happy he let walt live.

it allowed the show to end with jesse still as a morally-just character.

Breaking Bad is the best show ever, hands down!
One BIG question about the ending tho... what happened to Heull? lol he was just chillin in that house waitin for Hank and Gomez to come back.
I also thought it was awesome how Walt gave skylar the location of Hank & Gomezs bodies, that was cool part to add in there. Perfect ending to a perfect show.

Back