Is anybody playing/replaying this game? If so, where are you at?

Cardinal Copia

Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Prenneaux Grauhemoix
FFXIV Server
Lamia
So in light of the FFVIII thread, I decided to make one about VII to see if anybody is currently indulging in this game? If there is already a thread on this I apologize for making a double :(

To kick it off though I will say that I am currently playing this game. I'm close to the City of the Ancients but I'm just spending time leveling up in the Corral Valley. Which btw is a very underrated spot to level. I love the exp you get here and the enemies are easy as shit to kill. And you get really good AP as well.

So again I ask, is anybody playing this? And if so, where are you at?
:reptar:

Oh my, granny, what big text you have! :P I'm replaying this game atm. :hmmm: I've managed to get to disk 2 I believe? I'm at the part where
Cloud goes crazy and you have to do stuff while he & Tifa are together.
Honestly I feel like giving up as I forgot where exactly I'm supposed to go. :lew: I'll look it up later on and continue but yea that's where I'm at.

Yeah I'm messing around to see which type of font I wanna use and that size was kinda big :hmmm:
(That's what she said!)
:trollface:

I've taken a bit of a break from it due to playing IV and VI. I'm shooting to have VII beaten here soon.

Yes! I started about a week ago. I had three things to check off my bucket list; to beat Emerald, to beat Ruby, and to acquire the Great Gospel. Last night I played through the Nibelheim, Mt. Nibel and Rocket Town sections. I saved, materia-less, right outside Wutai.

Also, General Beatrix, that is a great levelling spot. Is it mainly stuff like Boundfat you fight there?

Yes! I started about a week ago. I had three things to check off my bucket list; to beat Emerald, to beat Ruby, and to acquire the Great Gospel. Last night I played through the Nibelheim, Mt. Nibel and Rocket Town sections. I saved, materia-less, right outside Wutai.

Also, General Beatrix, that is a great levelling spot. Is it mainly stuff like Boundfat you fight there?

Nice! The Great Gospel was on my gaming bucket list as well. I just got it for the 1st time on this play through. And honestly it didnt take as long as I thought it would. I did alot of grinding in the forests where you find Yuffie. Make everybody Furied and the limits flowed like water. Once my fire hit level 2 it was absolutely cake.
I love this leveling spot. I stay here along time and just grind out my levels when I get to this area TBH. Yeah normally its 3 Boundfats in the back row, and 2 MallDancers up front. Easy exp and AP. I always thought the North Cave would be the best because it's the last area of the game, but I like this spot alot more.

Yeah, that's my first major levelling spot too. One character with Fire-All, one character with Choco/Mog, one with Matra Magic, and the battles are easy.

The only spot I like as much as those two is that small section of "Mideel Area" you can access when you have the Tiny Bronco, and thus, fight Mideel enemies.

Yeah Fire-All really isn't fair, when it hits fire2 its really overkill there lmao. I never really bother with enemy skills though when I play through the game. I think I should sometime :hmmm:

The only spot I've really ever leveled at is the Corral Valley spot honestly. I've tried to farm the magic pots but I never really encountered them that much so for me that way of leveling was a waste, sadly :(

Replaying it right now because I just downloaded the "Tifa's Bootleg" mod that makes everything prettier (definitely worth the 17 GB download!). I just blew up the second Mako reactor, but I haven't gotten to the boss fight yet.

Started replaying this since last week. I'm at the part where I'm about to get the Keystone for Temple of the Ancients. At the moment, however, I am levelling up and having all my characters get all their limit breaks. Well, so far as Disc One will allow me. I think I'm gonna get everyone up to about level 50 or so before I continue, and I also wanna save up some Battle Points to get Cloud's Omnislash early.

I started replaying the game about a week ago. Im 12 hours in and im up to the part where Cloud see's Jenova for the first time in the Shinra building. Im taking this play through really slowly because I want a perfect end game save where ive been to every area, collected every item and read every possible text to read. Im also taking my time to enjoy all the sites and sounds the game has to offer as this may be my last play through.

I started maybe a couple days ago, just got Cid and the keystone, but I'm leveling some materia before I go into the temple of the ancients, specifically the time materia. I'll see what else I can level, too, maybe get regen on the way to getting stop, but that just depends on incoming AP. I also plan on doing Yuffies side quest to get the leviathan materia before I head there.

Started it up a few days ago just so I could do a challenge run. ie.

No unnecessary leveling; no using enemy skill; no buying equipment; no resting at inns or using tents; no using independent (purple) materia.

The reason I'm doing this is I enjoyed 7 so much when I first played it and because I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing or everything did (it was my first ever RPG!) I found the game a good challenge. Quite often my characters were KO'd and I'd lose a boss fight. Games these days are too easy so I like it when you have a challenging fight in a game with a very real threat of dying. I remember during my first play through that I was killed by Jenova Birth, Demon's Gate a few times and also Schizo. Every time I've played on 7 since however I've known exactly what to do, what to buy, what materia to equip etc. and the boss fights just weren't that difficult.

Now that I'm not just buying all the best equipment as soon as I get to the next shop, it makes you think more about your materia selection and your team selection. Usually, my team would consist of Barret and Red XIII until you get Cid and then I'd mix things up. Now though, the skills of Aeris and even Yuffie are important and this does add a different dimension to the game. All in all, the element of difficultly is back and I like it.

Anyway, I've just defeated Bottomswell and I'm now due to do the irritating task of positioning Cloud correctly for Mr Dolphin....

I just recently played it again it is a good game, but some of those hidden weapon fights are hard as heck to get past. (Unless you do what always happens in a final fantasy game GRIND for hours :D)

I've been playing as much as my busy schedule will allow me. This is actually my second play through in two years. My plan is to move on to 8 and 9 after mastering it. I'm currently leveling up at Mideel having recovered the real Cloud from the Lifestream. I'm also reading the novelization, which is proving a real treat.

MZ

Almost there as well. ^

Currently making my way back to Aerith's house to tell her mother the news about the whole situation with being kidnapped.

I just restarted a file not too long ago. I just arrived at Mt. Nibel and I'm heading towards the Gold Saucer. I didnt have enough money to even buy the cheap 1 day pass into the Saucer. I only have 2700 gil and I needed 3000 :hmph:

I just started again last night. I was going to start over, but I remembered that I had a save already, so I picked up from there and found myself on Disk two, right after the death incident. I played a little more and am now at that guy's house in the mountains after he told us his story and how to stay warm. Up the mountain I'm going...I'm pretty excited. This mountain part is one of the most revealing, exciting, and important parts of the game.

Back