You and Art/GFX

Raiiyokuu

Guide of Misery
Veteran
Gil
Mainly I been thinking about Art and GFX, about what it means to people. As @Callisto and I had this small conversation.

For me, Art and GFX is mostly a lifelong passion and goal for me, as one day I want to get into a field of work where it involves with Art, GFX and any other form of creative media/outlet. Wether that be partaking in making a Videogame, or making posters and banners for companies. Something where I can be comfortable with my work.

At the current moment, I think of Art and GFX purely as hobbies and a way to pass time, nothing more, nothing else. As I am unable to follow the path I'd like, but I'm sure it will open down the road for me.

What's your stance on Art and other creative media?

Art means a lot to me. I pour a lot of hours and passion into creating my work, so I'm not able to just say it's a hobby and leave it at that (though like everyone else, it is just a hobby for now). I'm trying to find ways to do something about it and have already began looking into schools, even if it's just taking a class at a local community college. My brother-in-law graduated as a Game Designer at Art Institute years ago, but I've heard a lot of bad reviews about that school. Last month we started on a project with our friend who's a programmer. I'm not sure how we'll do, but we've started on a game mock up and concepts. He recently got a license for releasing games for the PSP Vita, so now he wants to create a game. Something simple for now. The three of us still needs to get together and toss ideas around. So far, we've only been sharing ideas and drawings on Google drive.

I want to be able to take some of my photoshop experience and skills, apply it somehow. But honestly, photoshop can only take me so far. I'd need to learn 3DS Max, which I have a trial for. I'm having a difficult time trying to grasp it though. I used to know the basics when I was in high school, but it's been years. I mentioned before, if we really need to get things done though, we need some sort of office meeting and equipment. Right now, I think that's our biggest drawback. We'll get there one day.

P.S I hope things work out for you Hayabusa Don't give up on it. :)

I see my art and graphics as being a true escape. It has helped me through some rough times and at this stage I couldn't imagine life without my sketch pads, graphics tablet or laptop. As far back as I can remember I have been drawing or creating things and thinking on it now I believe it is at the core of everything I do or am interested in- in other words, it really paints my life and perspectives...:whistle:

Currently I'm looking forward to starting a college course in graphic design this coming October. Not only does it open so many doors after the three years of study, but it may give me a chance to actually do something with my life with the one thing I feel most passionate about. The fees are indeed costly and it is probably one of the biggest challenges I've ever faced, but hell, I've never wanted anything so badly in my life, nor can I remember feeling more hopeful!

@Mitsuki

What you and your crew are trying to do sounds really interesting. I hope it comes together for you all and that it gives you the opportunity to do something in the future. These days, there is so much potential in these kinds of projects! I wish you all the best of luck! :boogie:

@Hayabusa

It sounds like you're passionate about what you want. In the end, isn't that not half the battle won? Chin up soldier, and show us all how it's done! ^_^

My stance on art and creative media...

First of all, I'm thankful it's there. Without it, I wouldn't have had one of my big hobbies today if it weren't for this one. I'm happy to be able to create art myself, and I'm also grateful there's people out there who inspire me. Just taking a look through signatures on DeviantArt for example, you'd be gawking your eyes out at how ridiculously creative people can get with a render...

Lately I've been getting into the publishing of GFX work, and even making the website and portfolio is giving me a lot of motivation to open Photoshop and create display pieces. It gives my OCD something to do as well.

In short, art and creative media means a lot to me.

Back