Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Midgardsormr(NA)

• Ultros(NA)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was wondering as well. >.>; I guess we won't truly know until Phase 4/Open Beta.

I'm all game for creating another character on Shiva (EUR Server), but according to Krysta's post it may not be English language friendly, lol. Which is to be expected, but mehh.

Eurgh. I can't be dealing with non-english. If there's no issues with EU using a US server i'll try and sort out a Teamspeak server.

I played with some EU People in Phase 3 and they didn't really have any issues playing on a NA Server o.o.

voting for Leviathan(NA)

just a quick note, if your worried about other people going on other servers, we can have up to 8 characters as long as each one is on a different server, even on the cheapest subscription option, so that my worry out of the way

Thats what I'm gonna do cause a old Guild leader I adore is gonna play too and may join gilgamesh, shes a RP type of gal xD

but Leveling and that isn't a real big problem for me XD

I played some L4D2 with some of the guys on here tonight with a US host and I didn't fare too well. I think it was a combination of tempermental internet and a US host but my ping initially ranged anywhere from 400-900 (which, if you know what that means is AWFUL). However after I restarted my router it was around 100-200 (which is still considered quite bad for the games I play, mainly FPS like CSS. Anyone with a ping over 100 gets monitored and asked to lower it so im not sure how laggy i'll be). We'll have to wait and see I guess. Hopefully it was just my internet being bad tonight and I don't think 100 ping will be as bad on an mmo compared to an FPS (which requires splitsecond accuracy to determine hits as opposed to MMO which is more focused on Area of effect etc)

Mitsuki Could you close the poll please ^_^ I left it open till the open beta date which wasn't announced till late.

Alright,

Seems like the majority has leaned towards Leviathan Server, So this will be the server we will all join.

So be sure to remember to join up on Leviathan On August 16th if your a Previous Beta Tester like myself you'll get access a day sooner, if this is your first rodeo on ARR you'll be able to join on the 17th be sure to register on the FFXIV ARR Site for a Beta Key Email.

So I ended up on Odin (EU) and the people there are great so far, so I'm sticking to it.
Got on Moogle first, but there are so many French people gathered there, the chat is overflowing with French and I can't read that, so I bailed.
Heard that Shiva is the same, but for Germans, so that's why I went with Odin. So far, 90% is English, and I already made a friend.
Anybody in EU still undecided should consider these things. Also, I heard that Cerberus is about the same as Odin, so that's good too.

Ohh, that's good to hear! ^^ I was gonna try out Shiva, but it was closed during phase 4. x_x; Sounds like I could learn a lot more German if I make a character there! :p

Buuuut I'll probably stick to Leviathan as my main US server. Will try Chocobo (JP) again tomorrow and see if anyone will be talking this time around. >.>;

where is everyone now the game is up and online? need to pick a server and don't want to be on my own lol

I believe that the server with the most members is Lamia

Aaron is over on Leviathan, I think Mits ended up on Shiva and I am on Rangarok

i think i was on ragnarok when i was on the beta, gunna go crack on with the download, whaqts your psn stevie? i may or may not already have you as im useless with remembering who's who lol

i think i was on ragnarok when i was on the beta, gunna go crack on with the download, whaqts your psn stevie? i may or may not already have you as im useless with remembering who's who lol

I play on pc, so you just need to friend me in the game, character name is Yuno Mizuno

oh ok, if i can ever get online il add you haha, cant seem to join any server at the mo, so im gunna leave it til later/tomorrow, im knackered anything, think il get an early night and spend the day gaming tomorrow :wacky:

So I ended up on Odin (EU) and the people there are great so far, so I'm sticking to it.
Got on Moogle first, but there are so many French people gathered there, the chat is overflowing with French and I can't read that, so I bailed.
Heard that Shiva is the same, but for Germans, so that's why I went with Odin. So far, 90% is English, and I already made a friend.
Anybody in EU still undecided should consider these things. Also, I heard that Cerberus is about the same as Odin, so that's good too.
I am on Cerberus, and currently I'm noticing a high volume of German speaking FCs - perhaps almost as much as I do English ones.

PSA: I added FFXIV profile fields for server & character names, so everyone should go fill that out if you haven't already.

I am on Cerberus, and currently I'm noticing a high volume of German speaking FCs - perhaps almost as much as I do English ones.

PSA: I added FFXIV profile fields for server & character names, so everyone should go fill that out if you haven't already.

I need to get onto this

question, can we add them to our bio's besides posts? (postbits I think it called)

EDIT: Also, you forgot Rangarok.... why one forget rangarok :rage:

Added. Feel free to check if any others are missing.

I'm on Cerberus as well and you're right. Also a lot of French people who are playing on Cerberus.

ended up on adamantoise

bummed out the maintenance is so long today, hopefully it's going to adequately address the pressing concern of server populations

you sir are awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back